CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
b381l
spareparts
Spurticus
uscgamecocks88
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8482)
Sindarius Thornwell (923)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (610)
Best Child Acting Pe (573)
Well gameday just go (465)
Happy Birthday, Coac (415)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (378)
Your most famous twi (279)
South Carolina @ Aub (243)
Unsung Hero (233)
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Burger Kings angry whoppe
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10700
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material
Default Nice read on #21 - Idea's media doesn't embrace.

Why Lattimore will recover

By HARRIS C. MURRAY

"I do not know Marcus Lattimore personally. I would like to. Despite the horrific injury he sustained on the football field, the indelible memory I will take away from that game was Marcus pointing to the sky after he scored a touchdown. Marcus places his faith and trust in Jesus Christ. He knows that football is temporal and that his life is eternal. I believe Marcus trusts God at a far deeper level than most.

Marcus gives credit to God for everything in his life — even the difficult things he has had to endure. Marcus stated after Dylan Thompson took over as starting quarterback that he reminded him, as Dylan does for Marcus every game, “Remember who you are playing for.”

That “who” is Jesus Christ, to whom Marcus looks for his redemption and his life of faith. These are not ideas that the media easily embraces. They categorize Marcus as a “fine young man,” a “humble guy,” a “selfless player.” All those attributes are apparently true, but what is truer is that Marcus has developed these attributes by having Jesus Christ as the Lord of his life.

No media will cover Marcus’ spiritual character. But it has everything to do with why Marcus Lattimore will recover and will recover strongly. Perhaps he will never play football again. No one can make that prognostication at this moment.

http://m.thetandd.com/news/opinion/columns/why-lattimore-will-recover/article_e79400cc-2535-11e2-b479-001a4bcf887a.html
Old 11-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 399
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb
Default Re: Nice read on #21 - Idea's media doesn't embrace.

Very nice read. Thank you for posting this!!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Yea love a huge religious article when I'm trying to read about football.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by klempsux View Post
This is the South, BO! Football, jesus, and guns.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
TStone
Grammar Nazi

Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material

Quote:
Bless your heart.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
ScottK
4-Star

Male

ScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Did you by any chance try NOT to read it? Because I personally find it quite easy NOT to read stuff. In fact I find NOT reading even easier than reading!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
schouse13
Recruit

Male

schouse13 is sharpening his clawsschouse13 is sharpening his clawsschouse13 is sharpening his clawsschouse13 is sharpening his clawsschouse13 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by klempsux
This was all about Marcus my friend and who he is. Some things are much much bigger than football.

Great article, thanks for posting.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 11-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
Did you by any chance try NOT to read it? Because I personally find it quite easy NOT to read stuff. In fact I find NOT reading even easier than reading!
Maybe I clicked wanting to read an article about one of my favorite players ever and was upset to realize that it was mostly religious nonsense that had nothing to do with football so I closed it. How would you feel if I linked an article about how Marcus won't come back and it was all about satan?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Maybe I clicked wanting to read an article about one of my favorite players ever and was upset to realize that it was mostly religious nonsense that had nothing to do with football so I closed it. How would you feel if I linked an article about how Marcus won't come back and it was all about satan?
If you were face-to-face with Marcus right now...would you tell him that his spirituality, when it comes to his recovery, was 'mostly religious nonsense'?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
ACHILLES5508
the showstopper

Male

CockyCash: 1444
ACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudly

Great Article, nice to see young people like myself take a stand, and let it be known that Jesus is the lord of their lives, and actually spread the word of how knowing Jesus can change one's life.

ACHILLES 5508
Old 11-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
If you were face-to-face with Marcus right now...would you tell him that his spirituality, when it comes to his recovery, was 'mostly religious nonsense'?
Obviously not seeing as that's just poor manners. I also don't think he would go out of his way to make it all about religion if he knew the person he was talking to did not necessarily see things his way. I just find it odd how religion is not allowed, unless it is Christian. One post disagreeing with it and everyone is out of the woodwork to jump. I would imagine that an article about the intricacies of Marcus's surgery that was peppered with quotes from the doctor about how the prayer doesn't do near as good a job as the anesthesia would not be looked upon favorably. Maybe we could just put something in these titles that mention it being religious so people don't go on those threads if they don't want to read about it. I was expecting an article about Marcus, not a testimony to faith, I'm here for football not church.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Obviously not seeing as that's just poor manners. I also don't think he would go out of his way to make it all about religion if he knew the person he was talking to did not necessarily see things his way. I just find it odd how religion is not allowed, unless it is Christian. One post disagreeing with it and everyone is out of the woodwork to jump. I would imagine that an article about the intricacies of Marcus's surgery that was peppered with quotes from the doctor about how the prayer doesn't do near as good a job as the anesthesia would not be looked upon favorably. Maybe we could just put something in these titles that mention it being religious so people don't go on those threads if they don't want to read about it. I was expecting an article about Marcus, not a testimony to faith, I'm here for football not church.
Since Marcus' faith is a big part of his life, I'm not sure why you're surprised to see an article like this.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #13
bacnblk
Walk On

Female

bacnblk is sharpening his clawsbacnblk is sharpening his clawsbacnblk is sharpening his clawsbacnblk is sharpening his claws

I feel for you. You obviously dont have what Marcus has to make him the special person he is And that's NOT his skill with a football.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #14
CWall2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 10048227
CWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudly

I hope (and pray) that one day you change your mind.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #15
hardcoregamecock
4-Star

hardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervoushardcoregamecock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Or just grow up. And no I highly doubt Marcus would tone down his religious beliefs simply because he thought someone did not feel as strongly as he about it because that is part of christianity. Spreading the word and showing love for god in all ways is the highest commandment.

None of that is to offend you but it up to you to either ignore or believe. Your choice.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #16
CWall2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 10048227
CWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudly

Quote:
One could argue that the biggest part of Marcus is his faith. I'd be willing to bet if you asked him which part of his life was the most important he would tell you it was his faith in God. You clicked on a thread to read about Marcus right? That's what you read about.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #17
ACHILLES5508
the showstopper

Male

CockyCash: 1444
ACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudly

Quote:

Point taken and understood, that is why God allows for us to have free will, we can choose to do anything we would like, but i dont think the article was meant to offend anyone it was meant to inspire, Christian or not Marcus' testimony is inspiring, to have that much faith and good will in your heart is inspiring.

ACHILLES 5508
Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #18
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I would close the article and go about my day because I realize that plenty of people have different opinions than me and that is what makes this country great.

I completely respect that you don't agree with the article. But I still don't understand the idea that you are trying to act like you were unfairly subjected to opening an article that you didn't like.

You should have just closed the article and went about your life.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #19
ScottK
4-Star

Male

ScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Not sure how Christianity and Satan are a good comparison. I'm sorry you were "upset" that someone wrote an article about Chrisitianity on the Internet and wasted your 10 seconds it took you to click the link and then close it. Well, then the 30 or more seconds it took you to write a post complaining about it also.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
ScottK
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Obviously not seeing as that's just poor manners. I also don't think he would go out of his way to make it all about religion if he knew the person he was talking to did not necessarily see things his way. I just find it odd how religion is not allowed, unless it is Christian. One post disagreeing with it and everyone is out of the woodwork to jump.
I'm honestly not trying to be rude, but that's called being part of the minority. You say people come out of the woodwork to complain about non-Christian stuff - well that's the same thing you did when you saw this article. Unfortunately for you you are in a place where you are a minority and there was no one else to "come out of the woodwork" with you.
Closed Thread