CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
ertman420
spareparts
MWard
Cunningham wants to (1335)
ESPN article on Clow (1029)
Clemson Georgia Game (812)
Mangus now coaching (552)
Can Tennessee get to (400)
Chick Redefines the (268)
Spread vs. aTm (227)
Truly Inspiring (210)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (197)
The Bama series (196)
2 Crazy things
Mangus now coaching TEs
The Bama series
2015 - Davon Durant
2015 - Taj Griffin
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Playstation 4
ESPN article on Clowney -

Old 11-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly
Default Cowherd says Luck is a top 10 NFL QB right now...

What's your top 10 right now?

Here is my list in no particular order:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Big Ben

5. Joe Flacco

6. Matt Ryan

7. Matt Schaub

8. Alex Smith

9. Andrew Luck

10. Aaron Rodgers

Eli should probably be in there, but I can't stand the dude, and I left him off purposely. I'd rather have any of these dudes over him, any day of the week. I was having a conversation with a coworker today who is a Favre lover, I told him that I think Eli and Favre are really similar statistically...ton of yards, ton of comeback wins, ton of stupid interceptions. Personally, I'd rather have a QB that throws 25 tds and 10 ints a season and wins me 10-12 games comfortably than a guy that throws 35 td and 30 ints and has me on the edge of my seat for 8 of my 10 wins. Its just personal preference, but I'd rather have a game manager than a gun-slinger.

Last edited by jcook84; 11-05-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Discount double-check
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cowherd says Luck is a top 10 NFL QB right now...

I think you missed someone on your list...

Wears green... plays in Wisconsin.. think cheese..
Old 11-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
cock13
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post

He needs to discount double-check that list for his omission.
cock13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 700
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:

:r otfl:
Old 11-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:

DOH!

Yeah, he's on there...I knew for some reason finding 10 was more difficult than it should be.

With Rodgers on there I'd remove RGIII and Rivers.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Yeah not a big fan of that list. Rodgers is top 3- not debateable. Eli Manning is simply a better QB than half the guys on that list, regardless of playing style and has the rings to prove it. You also have Luck behind some guys (Smith, Schaub, Flacco) that he should not be behind. Luck is playing for a team with slack defense and slack running game and he is basically single-handedly keeping them in games. Luck is the real deal and when Indy gets some weapons around him and he has a few more years experience, he may be the best in the league.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

Yeah, um...I made extra special effort to bold the text that says, "no particular order".
Old 11-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 4200
2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

any list without Eli in the top 5 is a joke. Love him or hate him, he is an outstanding NFL QB
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

no way RG3 is top ten.....he RARELY throws down the field more than 7 yards

he also took over a team that went 6-10 with Rex Grossman and after half the season he is on pace to have same record

Rivers has been pretty bad lately too

since im critical of ur list here is mine, no order:

Manning
Manning
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Ryan...even tho i hate him lol
Big Ben
Cutler, would have alot better numbers if he had an OL
Schaub
Smith, even tho i think he is just a game manager i have to admit he is good at what he is asked to do
Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Yeah not a big fan of that list. Rodgers is top 3- not debateable. Eli Manning is simply a better QB than half the guys on that list, regardless of playing style and has the rings to prove it. You also have Luck behind some guys (Smith, Schaub, Flacco) that he should not be behind. Luck is playing for a team with slack defense and slack running game and he is basically single-handedly keeping them in games. Luck is the real deal and when Indy gets some weapons around him and he has a few more years experience, he may be the best in the league.

Yeah, but he's a total mouth-breather, so that costs him. He's got to be the dumbest-looking smart person in the world.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook84 View Post
Yeah, um...I made extra special effort to bold the text that says, "no particular order".
woops.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #12
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
no way RG3 is top ten.....he RARELY throws down the field more than 7 yards

he also took over a team that went 6-10 with Rex Grossman and after half the season he is on pace to have same record

Rivers has been pretty bad lately too

since im critical of ur list here is mine, no order:

Manning
Manning
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Ryan...even tho i hate him lol
Big Ben
Cutler, would have alot better numbers if he had an OL
Schaub
Smith, even tho i think he is just a game manager i have to admit he is good at what he is asked to do
No Luck? Luck is a better QB than Alex Smith.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
Bob the Builder
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Bob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his comb

Quote:
What's your top 10 right now?

Here is my list in no particular order:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Big Ben

5. Joe Flacco

6. Matt Ryan

7. Matt Schaub

8. Alex Smith

9. Andrew Luck

10. Aaron Rodgers

Eli should probably be in there, but I can't stand the dude, and I left him off purposely. I'd rather have any of these dudes over him, any day of the week. I was having a conversation with a coworker today who is a Favre lover, I told him that I think Eli and Favre are really similar statistically...ton of yards, ton of comeback wins, ton of stupid interceptions. Personally, I'd rather have a QB that throws 25 tds and 10 ints a season and wins me 10-12 games comfortably than a guy that throws 35 td and 30 ints and has me on the edge of my seat for 8 of my 10 wins. Its just personal preference, but I'd rather have a game manager than a gun-slinger.
That is a terrible list. Smith and Flacco over Eli? Seriously dude? Lets name all the QB's with 2 Superbowl rings that should not be considered elite.

This is what I got
crickets
Bob the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #14
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

1. Rodgers
2. P. Manning
3. E. Manning
4. Brees
5. Brady
6. Ryan
7. Roethlisberger
8. Schaub
9. Cutler
10. Flacco
Old 11-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
No Luck? Luck is a better QB than Alex Smith.
you are prb right but im not putting a rookie in my top 10....but i really like Luck, he got me like 42 pts in fantasy yesterday

i would have smith at #10 if i put that list in order
Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #16
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

3. Payton Manning

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Jay Cutler

6. Matt Ryan

7. Eli Manning

8. Phillip Rivers

9. Andrew Luck

10. Matt Schaub
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Rodgers 10th? Seriously? The guy was Super Bowl MVP in 2010, won the league MVP last year, has the highest ever passing rating in NFL history, and is 2nd in the league in passing rating this year despite the fact his top 2 WRs(Jennings & Nelson) have been hurt.

Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now. He is crazy accurate and can move too.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #18
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
Rodgers 10th? Seriously? The guy was Super Bowl MVP in 2010, won the league MVP last year, has the highest ever passing rating in NFL history, and is 2nd in the league in passing rating this year despite the fact his top 2 WRs(Jennings & Nelson) have been hurt.

Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now. He is crazy accurate and can move too.
he said, in bold, no particular order
Old 11-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #19
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
he said, in bold, no particular order

Ok, my fault. I didn't read anything he said, other than the list of names.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #20
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Nm

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote