CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
gamecockphan
taylorssc
robgusc76
Lonnie
U-Dub Gamecock
CoverTwo
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4127)
USC/clemson spread (1797)
In case no one saw.. (1454)
Bowl projections (1342)
Why has there been 4 (761)
Odell Becham Catch (759)
A little late to the (698)
Tiger Burn (538)
Texas A&M Defens (397)
No excuse for the D (373)
weekend conference Predic
Good Omen for Saturday?
The Defense
USC/clemson spread
Texans getting frustrated
Drew Owens missing?
Shaq Roland
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
No excuse for the D this
Odell Becham Catch


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #121
Cocknfire55
Blue Chip
 
Cocknfire55's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbia
Posts: 984
CockyCash: 244
Cocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Builder View Post
The one thing that you have to say about Clemson, is yes we are playing garbage. However, the games we are playing have not even been close. The last two game we were up 35-7 and 42-17 at half and our defense is getting better. Tajh Boyd is 4th in QB rating, 13th in passing yards 6th in TD passes, and 3rd in total TD's among QB's. This is a tough offense to stop and is a lot better than the one we put on the field last year.
Fair point. But you haven't faced a defense worth a damn either. I guess we shall see in a few weeks
Cocknfire55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #122
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate
 
I Bleed Garnet's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 17,497
CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Depends. What do you call someone who lives on campus there in Durham, literally a 5 minute walk to the stadium, and can get in for free, but only goes if they are winning going into the fourth quarter? Because that's pretty much the attitude of most Duke football 'fans'. Rightly so I'll add. They have put out a crappy product since Spurrier left, until this season.

Although after this year, it might be the third quarter.
I call them students.
__________________

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #123
Scranton Tiger
Two Deep
 
Scranton Tiger's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Scranton, S.C.
Posts: 1,201
CockyCash: 500
Scranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocknfire55 View Post
Fair point. But you haven't faced a defense worth a damn either. I guess we shall see in a few weeks
Not entirely true. The FSU defense is really good and Clemson put 37 points on them. Of course the FSU offense torched our D even worse.
__________________
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!
Scranton Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #124
Mick Chicken
Banned
 
Mick Chicken's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nohio
Posts: 4,714
CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scranton Tiger View Post
Not entirely true. The FSU defense is really good and Clemson put 37 points on them. Of course the FSU offense torched our D even worse.

Highly debatable
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #125
uscsec
Recruit
 
uscsec's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lexington
Posts: 154
CockyCash: 92926
uscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his comb
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scranton Tiger View Post
Not entirely true. The FSU defense is really good and Clemson put 37 points on them. Of course the FSU offense torched our D even worse.
The FSU defense is so good they lost to NC STATE!
__________________
CLEMSON SUCKS!
uscsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #126
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan
 
eaglegolf018's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Small Town
Posts: 24,786
CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

I know us Carolina fans like to downplay Clemson but there is just no denying that their offense is unreal.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #127
Scranton Tiger
Two Deep
 
Scranton Tiger's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Scranton, S.C.
Posts: 1,201
CockyCash: 500
Scranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsec View Post
The FSU defense is so good they lost to NC STATE!
They did lose that game. However, it wasn't because of the defense. Like I said, the Seminoles Defense is really good. They have allowed more than 17 points in a game exactly twice so far. 37 to Clemson and 20 to Miami.
__________________
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

Last edited by Scranton Tiger; 11-05-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Added Stats
Scranton Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #128
Mick Chicken
Banned
 
Mick Chicken's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nohio
Posts: 4,714
CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
I know us Carolina fans like to downplay Clemson but there is just no denying that their offense is unreal.
I will deny their offense is unreal. Good, yes...unreal, not quite. They have some great skill players no doubt...but it's still a gimmick offense that has yet to perform well against a great defense. They put up some video game numbers against crap teams. I will say you better play your assignments when you play them though
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #129
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned
 
Cock Kool-Aid's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Appalachian Trail
Posts: 3,260
CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Yeah... their offense was "unreal" last season too and we punched them in the mouth.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #130
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count
 
kick_ball's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Dagobah System
Posts: 2,394
CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
I will deny their offense is unreal. Good, yes...unreal, not quite. They have some great skill players no doubt...but it's still a gimmick offense that has yet to perform well against a great defense. They put up some video game numbers against crap teams. I will say you better play your assignments when you play them though
ill be honest i have never understood what people mean when they say a team runs a gimmick offense... isnt that the point... and further more what constitutes a gimmick... the option? shotgun? empty back field? throwing the ball on first down? the zone read? play action? jet sweeps? reverses? throwing to a tight end? all things which ive seen our offense do this season.. and finally one thing that has always bugged me about this argument is the fact that our current coach is the one who brought the spread fun and gun to the i formation sec where defenses had never seen that type of play before and dominated while also being known to run trick plays gaining him the label of "offensive mastermind"
__________________
May the Force be with you...Always!
kick_ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #131
Mick Chicken
Banned
 
Mick Chicken's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nohio
Posts: 4,714
CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
ill be honest i have never understood what people mean when they say a team runs a gimmick offense... isnt that the point... and further more what constitutes a gimmick... the option? shotgun? empty back field? throwing the ball on first down? the zone read? play action? jet sweeps? reverses? throwing to a tight end? all things which ive seen our offense do this season.. and finally one thing that has always bugged me about this argument is the fact that our current coach is the one who brought the spread fun and gun to the i formation sec where defenses had never seen that type of play before and dominated while also being known to run trick plays gaining him the label of "offensive mastermind"
Maybe you just have a problem with the wording. It is a gimmick offense in the sense that it isn't a traditional offense. It's different, new, etc.. These offenses function well against inferior talent/coaching but usually end up falling flat against good teams/schemes.
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #132
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count
 
kick_ball's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Dagobah System
Posts: 2,394
CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Maybe you just have a problem with the wording. It is a gimmick offense in the sense that it isn't a traditional offense. It's different, new, etc.. These offenses function well against inferior talent/coaching but usually end up falling flat against good teams/schemes.
again i say that just because it is new is that a bad thing? if so we would all still be running the wing T. SOS fun and gun was new when he brought it to the SEC. I dont disagree that defenses that are good do tend to take the advantage away from certain offenses IF they play assingment football and are able to pressure the qb into mistakes (But that could be argued against any team). However, clemsons offense IMO is alot better this year than the last two. Boyd seems to be quicker and not making the mental mistakes he did in previous seasons. They do have very good skill players that have the potential to make big plays. The game as normal will come down to the play of the lines.
__________________
May the Force be with you...Always!
kick_ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #133
Mick Chicken
Banned
 
Mick Chicken's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nohio
Posts: 4,714
CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
again i say that just because it is new is that a bad thing? if so we would all still be running the wing T. SOS fun and gun was new when he brought it to the SEC. I dont disagree that defenses that are good do tend to take the advantage away from certain offenses IF they play assingment football and are able to pressure the qb into mistakes (But that could be argued against any team). However, clemsons offense IMO is alot better this year than the last two. Boyd seems to be quicker and not making the mental mistakes he did in previous seasons. They do have very good skill players that have the potential to make big plays. The game as normal will come down to the play of the lines.
You are of the thought that saying it's a gimmick offense is a bad thing, i'm not. Oregon's offense is same thing imo. They(clemson) have not seen a defense anything close to South Carolina's..the speed and quickness of our d-line is the ultimate neutralizer for their offense. Andre ellington will be the biggest key to clemsons offense vs USC this year, imo.
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #134
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count
 
kick_ball's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Dagobah System
Posts: 2,394
CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
You are of the thought that saying it's a gimmick offense is a bad thing, i'm not. Oregon's offense is same thing imo. They(clemson) have not seen a defense anything close to South Carolina's..the speed and quickness of our d-line is the ultimate neutralizer for their offense. Andre ellington will be the biggest key to clemsons offense vs USC this year, imo.
well then if thats the case then we just had a perfect demonstration of how to hold a informed civil discussion about college football *gasp* ..go us
__________________
May the Force be with you...Always!
kick_ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #135
Mick Chicken
Banned
 
Mick Chicken's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nohio
Posts: 4,714
CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
well then if thats the case then we just had a perfect demonstration of how to hold a informed civil discussion about college football *gasp* ..go us
It be's like that sometimes...
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #136
kidrobinski
Recruit
 
kidrobinski's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midlands SC
Posts: 225
CockyCash: 1320
kidrobinski is sharpening his clawskidrobinski is sharpening his clawskidrobinski is sharpening his clawskidrobinski is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
... Andre ellington will be the biggest key to clemsons offense vs USC this year, imo.
Sorta like Herschel II and Herschel III in the uga game....
kidrobinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #137
LegalCock
1st Team All-American
 
LegalCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 11,382
CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

I'm glad we don't have to play teams like Duke, wake forrest, BC, UVA and Maryland as conference games. Even GT, Miami would be pretty horrendous as far as tailgating experiences. I mean the easy wins would be nice, but I just wouldn't be into that ticket package.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #138
Scranton Tiger
Two Deep
 
Scranton Tiger's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Scranton, S.C.
Posts: 1,201
CockyCash: 500
Scranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
You are of the thought that saying it's a gimmick offense is a bad thing, i'm not. Oregon's offense is same thing imo. They(clemson) have not seen a defense anything close to South Carolina's..the speed and quickness of our d-line is the ultimate neutralizer for their offense. Andre ellington will be the biggest key to clemsons offense vs USC this year, imo.
No, it will be how the O-Line plays. Carolina does indeed have one of the best D-Lines in America. Very possibly THE best. The LBs are above average as well. So, if they get consistant pressure, Clemson will probably have a difficult time on offense. However, if Clemson's O-Line can give Boyd time, the Carolina secondary is the week point on defense. Tennesse showed us that if the QB has time, the Gamecock DBs can't cover. I also think it's safe to say the Tiger WRs are better than the Volenteer WRs. So, it will come down to the trenches. Whoever wins the line of scrimmage will win the game. Without question.
__________________
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!
Scranton Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #139
Mick Chicken
Banned
 
Mick Chicken's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nohio
Posts: 4,714
CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson v Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scranton Tiger View Post
No, it will be how the O-Line plays. Carolina does indeed have one of the best D-Lines in America. Very possibly THE best. The LBs are above average as well. So, if they get consistant pressure, Clemson will probably have a difficult time on offense. However, if Clemson's O-Line can give Boyd time, the Carolina secondary is the week point on defense. Tennesse showed us that if the QB has time, the Gamecock DBs can't cover. I also think it's safe to say the Tiger WRs are better than the Volenteer WRs. So, it will come down to the trenches. Whoever wins the line of scrimmage will win the game. Without question.

You are biased...I am biased...but the difference between Sammy/Nuk and Justin/Cordarelle isn't as big as the gap b/w ut's o-line and clemsons o-line. There is no way in hell clemsons line has the same production as ut's line. That's why I think cu trys to use Ellington on the ground to keep our d-line/lb's on their gaps and they will try and use Watkins/Hopkins in a lot of misdirection quick hit slip screens(which I know is nothing new for them). But they will not have time to wait on those deep balls to come open like ut was. If clemson can't run the ball against USC...it will be a loooong day for tahj.0
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development