CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
DTGCOCKS#32
KaneisAble
Pw00132
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
gamecockgal
Ahmad
Cockypantherfan
400 pasing yards (1003)
HBC Weekly Presser (999)
Funny? (975)
Thompson Has Neck In (929)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (564)
What fish do you eat (526)
KY Suspends 4 Player (486)
Clowney didnt get ma (357)
4th & 1 Play (290)
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
HBC Weekly Presser
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Thompson Has Neck Injury
Thoughts on the basketbal
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
QB Recruiting Strategy
Build a New Stadium
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi

Old 11-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #41
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: Johnny Manziel

We need a nickname for Clowney!

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #42
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I just have a hard time calling McCarron the most outstanding college football player. He doesn't stand out enough for me.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #43
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
We need a nickname for Clowney!
lol, i have a good one but it cant be said here.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #44
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Are you sick and tired of hearing Johnny Football every five freaking seconds when referring to Johnny Manziel? It has to be the lamest nickname in sports.

One of the reasons why I can't stand Cam Newton is because of when he was at Auburn, all you heard of when he was there was how great he was, how good of a runner he was, Blah, blah, blah.

Before that it was Saint Tebow. Every time I think of them, I think of Vern Lundquist talking about them.

As for Manziel, I'll get sick of hearing about him next year because of how well he's playing this year.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #45
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

tired of hearin johnny football
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #46
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I don't care if they talk Manziel but constantly calling him Johnny Football is at the point of stupidity, I know people from Texas aren't the smartest or most creative folks but come on they couldn't come up with something more original. Lets call Connor, Connor Football it just plain ****ing stupid. Tebow earned his stuff while in the SEC as did Cam but the list goes on and on but they never allowed themselves to be called football anything.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #47
TheDarkCock21
Blue Chip

Male

TheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Win at MSU when they were ranked.
Had over 130 yards rushing

You can swap AJ and Miller though probably, it's really all up in the air after the first two
yea but who is MSU now? They are battling just to be bowl eligible. Manziel stat line is ridiculous against teams better than ohio state. If they played UF later in the season its possible they could have won. WHEN he beats all of Cams records in less games... 1st year in a new conference... then what? its crazy this guy isnt being talked about for heisman

In his 2 losses:
77% for 173 yds and 60 rushing in his 2nd game vs florida

52% for 276 yards passing vs LSU ... more than any other qb
TheDarkCock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #48
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkCock21 View Post
yea but who is MSU now? They are battling just to be bowl eligible. Manziel stat line is ridiculous against teams better than ohio state. If they played UF later in the season its possible they could have won. WHEN he beats all of Cams records in less games... 1st year in a new conference... then what? its crazy this guy isnt being talked about for heisman
Other than LSU and Florida (of the teams he's played so far) I wouldn't say the other teams are better than Ohio State.

If you mean than Ohio State's schedule then I agree.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #49
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Call me if he does it two years in a row.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #50
TheDarkCock21
Blue Chip

Male

TheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Other than LSU and Florida (of the teams he's played so far) I wouldn't say the other teams are better than Ohio State.

If you mean than Ohio State's schedule then I agree.
i mean OSU schedule.. not OSU in general. If OSU and TAMU played... it would be a great game
TheDarkCock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #51
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Johnny Man-Yutty.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #52
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Call me if he does it two years in a row.
It doesn't take two years in a row...How many years was Scam making moves at Auburn?

Dig this...Manziel needs to average 264 yards over the next five games to break Cam Newton’s SEC record for total offense in a season.

Does the guy need to do that two years in a row?

Hello...???
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #53
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Just sick of hearing the name "Johnny Football" over and over and over again.

I have a theory that if Manziel didn't have this nickname, ESPN wouldn't spend as much time talking about him. I think they just like to say the nickname "Johnny Football."
Old 11-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #54
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
I have a theory that if Manziel didn't have this nickname, ESPN wouldn't spend as much time talking about him. I think they just like to say the nickname "Johnny Football."
Might be true about the media attention, however, he is as good as advertised.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #55
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

1...Kid is really good...

2...Better than hearing Tim TeeBow every 5 seconds...
Old 11-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #56
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

He is really good. He is going to be a much better quarterback than Tim Tebow in the long term.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #57
JQ94
4-Star

Male

JQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talons

1. OP is very angry
2. Manziel should be in NY this year.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #58
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

They are having a pretty good season. Looks good for the first year of a coaching regime for sure.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #59
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Just sick of hearing the name "Johnny Football" over and over and over again.

This, the Four Letter Network finds a player and then just rambles on and on about him. Not Manziel's fault but after a while it gets old.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #60
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

I love how TAMU runs their offense. They seem to be a replica of USC except USC has great Tight ends and TAMU has great WR's.

They hurry up on the Offense and mix up their plays pretty well. Saw their first drive against MSST. It was 2-3 qb runs, 3 Wr passes, and 6 RB runs between the tackles and outside.

The hurry up can help sometimes. USC against LSU at the end is a good example of how well it can work. Just to implement it at random times in the game would probably help USC greatly and throw the other team off.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote