CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
Acockolypse Now
Rooster'srule
sanford
El Cid Ranger
b381l
cocksmith1or11
Order 66
Backup QB competitio (2642)
2014 Preseason USA T (1267)
Ranking the SEC Fema (780)
Anyone heard anythin (721)
Future Non-Conferenc (628)
Spurrier on the cove (411)
What Would You Do? (393)
Ranking the SEC scho (304)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (225)
Ranking the SEC Fema (222)
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Hello Gamecocks!
Anyone heard anything abo
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
An Aggies View of the Mat
Backup QB competition
2015 - Albert Huggins
Dustin Johnson taking a l
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Cheap jersey and very nic

Old 11-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #101
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit
Default Re: Chick Fil A..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
If it is between us and LSU, then the eceonomic argument makes sense. For LSU it would be just another game at the Dome and there would be no boost to restaurants and hotels etc. If we go it would bring in more money.

Like someone posted the Andy Staples tweet that the Sugar Bowl would crawl over broken glass to have us if we win out, I think we would do well there. A lot has to happen although most of what has to happen should happen if the teams play the way I think. I think Texas A&M will be a tougher game for Bama than Uga in the SECCG.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #102
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
The only way we end up in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl is if Florida State loses another game (allowing Clemson to win the ACC-- and then get the Orange Bowl bid)... or if Clemson wins out, and gets an at-large BCS bid.. If these 2 things do not happen.. then you can bet your sweet ass Clemson is going to end up in the CFA Bowl... Who else is the CFA going to invite from the ACC?? Miami?? LOL... they cant put 20K in their own stadium... you really think they will get the invite over Clemson (Who will bring as many people as possible to ATL)..

So, the CFA bowl has already stated in the past that they would not ever put Carolina and Clemson in a rematch for a bowl game...

With that saying.... If I had a crystal ball... this is what I expect to happen:

Alabama (12-0) beats UGA (11-1) in the SEC-CG... Florida State beats Florida, Florida now at 10-2... Texas A&M ends up 9-3, after Bama beats them this weekend...

Alabama plays for the national title...
UGA goes to the Sugar Bowl
Florida goes to the Cap-1 Bowl
LSU goes to the Cotton Bowl
Texas A&M goes to the Outback Bowl (Because the Outback Bowl is still pissy about our last attendance down there)
Miss State goes to the CFA Bowl to play Clemson
We go to the Gator Bowl...

UGA would have two losses under your scenario. One real fresh one. Don't forget the ass whoopin in Columbia. UGA and UF both lose, I like us for BCS at large if we can expose the tigers.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #103
Bob the Builder
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Bob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his comb

Quote:
If it is between us and LSU, then the eceonomic argument makes sense. For LSU it would be just another game at the Dome and there would be no boost to restaurants and hotels etc. If we go it would bring in more money.
You guys are also going to be up against Notre Dame and Oklahoma as well
Bob the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #104
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Builder View Post
There is no way the Sugar takes you guys over LSU.
LSU still has games against Miss St, Ole Miss, and Arkansas. They will be favored in all of them but could still lose.

Another thing you need to remember - the Cotton Bowl likes teams from the SEC West. Right now, that would be LSU.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #105
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I'm fine with it noon/1 pm NYD bowls are rough to get up for
(11am outback was the worst)
Try living on the west coast and getting up for those games on New Year's Day :)
Old 11-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #106
Bob the Builder
Banned

Male

Bob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his comb

Quote:
There is no way the Sugar takes you guys over ND.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #107
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkCock21 View Post
if we go to the chickfil a at the number 7 or 6 team... thats obsurd
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
i would think that the chic fil a would rather have a top 10 usc team coming in on a 4 game win streak than a top 20 clemson team coming off a loss if they had to choose between the 2.(assuming i know)
My assumption is that the Chik-Fil-A is taking us because they assume we lose to Clemson. Otherwise, we wouldn't drop that far.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #108
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Like someone posted the Andy Staples tweet that the Sugar Bowl would crawl over broken glass to have us if we win out, I think we would do well there. A lot has to happen although most of what has to happen should happen if the teams play the way I think. I think Texas A&M will be a tougher game for Bama than Uga in the SECCG.
We will find out this Saturday!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #109
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Changed my mind about LSU in the Cotton Bowl. If it plays out win wise, I will GUARANTEE this is the match up in the Cotton Bowl:

Texas A&M vs Texas
Old 11-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #110
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

^texas has some work to do. they play iowa state, tcu, and @k state. They could lose 1 or more games and a trip to the cotton would be less likely.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #111
DJ35
4-Star

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
The only way we end up in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl is if Florida State loses another game (allowing Clemson to win the ACC-- and then get the Orange Bowl bid)... or if Clemson wins out, and gets an at-large BCS bid.. If these 2 things do not happen.. then you can bet your sweet ass Clemson is going to end up in the CFA Bowl... Who else is the CFA going to invite from the ACC?? Miami?? LOL... they cant put 20K in their own stadium... you really think they will get the invite over Clemson (Who will bring as many people as possible to ATL)..

So, the CFA bowl has already stated in the past that they would not ever put Carolina and Clemson in a rematch for a bowl game...

With that saying.... If I had a crystal ball... this is what I expect to happen:

Alabama (12-0) beats UGA (11-1) in the SEC-CG... Florida State beats Florida, Florida now at 10-2... Texas A&M ends up 9-3, after Bama beats them this weekend...

Alabama plays for the national title...
UGA goes to the Sugar Bowl
Florida goes to the Cap-1 Bowl
LSU goes to the Cotton Bowl
Texas A&M goes to the Outback Bowl (Because the Outback Bowl is still pissy about our last attendance down there)
Miss State goes to the CFA Bowl to play Clemson
We go to the Gator Bowl...
I agree with most of this except if Carolina wins out and uga loses ugly to bama, I don't see them getting the Sugar bid over us. If this happens I think Carolina goes to the Sugar and uga goes to the Outback again.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #112
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
UGA would have two losses under your scenario. One real fresh one. Don't forget the ass whoopin in Columbia. UGA and UF both lose, I like us for BCS at large if we can expose the tigers.

If UGA plays Bama within 10-14 pts, then I think they get the nod for the Sugar Bowl...
Old 11-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #113
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Changed my mind about LSU in the Cotton Bowl. If it plays out win wise, I will GUARANTEE this is the match up in the Cotton Bowl:

Texas A&M vs Texas

Man, that would be fun to see!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #114
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
There is no way the Sugar takes you guys over ND.

Notre Dame is going to play in SEC team in the Sugar Bowl... Im guessing it will be UGA, but one thing is for sure.... Notre Dame will get an At-large BCS bid somewhere... even if they lose 2 of their last 3 games..
Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #115
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post

Texas A&M vs Texas
Well, the theory that others have for the Sugar taking us over LSU is that LSU would not spend as much money because they live close... would the same concept not apply for this matchup in Dallas?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #116
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Well, the theory that others have for the Sugar taking us over LSU is that LSU would not spend as much money because they live close... would the same concept not apply for this matchup in Dallas?
No way man! They would get LOTS and LOTS of money for this one. I was at OU/Texas this year in Dallas and LOTS of fans there. It's 3 1/2 hours away for both schools and they spend LOTS of money.

One thing I think you missed about this match up. A&M/Texas series ended last year with A&M going to the SEC. With this match up, they would be able to play again this year. The Cotton Bowl would LOVE LOVE LOVE this match up.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #117
Bob the Builder
Banned

Male

Quote:
Notre Dame is going to play in SEC team in the Sugar Bowl... Im guessing it will be UGA, but one thing is for sure.... Notre Dame will get an At-large BCS bid somewhere... even if they lose 2 of their last 3 games..
No they won't. If things hold the Sugar is going to get the #1 pick (Notre Dame) and the #4 pick (ACC #2/Pac 12 #2). The SEC and Big 12 #2's will go to the Fiesta and Rose.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #118
LimpCock
Blackout

Male

CockyCash: 13758453
LimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
sellout, hotel revenue, etc.

LimpCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #119
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I'd like to go to the Rose.
That would be awesome.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #120
Bob the Builder
Banned

Male

Quote:
I'd like to go to the Rose.
That would be awesome.
Rose will probably take Big 12 #2 (Oklahoma) and get a Nebraska OU game with the SEC #2 playing KSU in the Fiesta