CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Kaka
donbgamecock
Emery
I Bleed Garnet
gadeneer1986
NinjaSven
Fight, win, kick a-- (1571)
The Gator Bowl wants (1306)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1234)
USC will upset Aubur (954)
A simple defensive l (891)
In-state QB talent (821)
Texas athletic direc (536)
Which loss hurt wors (472)
SEC Debate: Best can (427)
This is War (399)
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Roll call for Auburn
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Cann tipping plays?
The Gator Bowl wants us!
A simple defensive line &
SEC Debate: Best candidat
BA ranks recruiting class
In-state QB talent

Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cowherd says Luck is a top 10 NFL QB right now...

Rogers at # 10?!?!?!?!

Har...har...kidding.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #22
JQ94
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
JQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talons

You know...how is LUCK top 10 but Wilson is not...
ANDREW LUCK
5-3 record
56.5% 2,404yds 7.16avg 10TD 8INT 6Fumbles 79 rating

Russel Wilson
5-4 record
62.0% 1,639yds 7.00avg 13TD 8INT 1Fumble 87 Rating
Old 11-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #23
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

3. Payton Manning

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Jay Cutler

6. Matt Ryan

7. Eli Manning

8. Phillip Rivers

9. Andrew Luck

10. Matt Schaub
rivers?

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #24
JQ94
4-Star

Male

JQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talons

RIvers and Flacco are not good this year.

1. P. Manning
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Ryan
5. E. Manning
6. Cutler
7. Brees
8. Schuab
9. Wilson
10. Luck

and bc I HATE the Cowboys...TOny Romo is my Favorite QB this year, watching him suck and fail makes my soul smile
Old 11-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #25
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
any list without Eli in the top 5 is a joke. Love him or hate him, he is an outstanding NFL QB
Here's why I don't have him on my list:

The active QBs on either side of him in passer rating are Jason Campbell(82.8) and Matt Hasselbeck(82.2)

He's sixth amongst active QBs with 138 career ints. (34 more than Big Ben)

He's 31st amongst active QBs in completion % (58.6)...behind studs like JP Losman (59.2) and David Carr (59.7).

He is seventh in TD passes...but is only 17 ahead of Carson Palmer in 16 more games played.

People seem to forget the year he won his first Super Bowl, he lead the league in interceptions and only threw three more touchdowns (23) than picks (20).

Sure, he's won two rings, but that's about the extent of his prowess. And I cannot say without reservation that he was the best player on the Giants' offense either year. By that logic, Charles Haley is the greatest NFL player of all time considering he's played in and won 5 Super Bowls.

If anything, Eli is an opportunist. But, there's no way he's in my top ten, and no way in HELL he's better than half the guys on my list.
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #26
JQ94
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook84 View Post

The active QBs on either side of him in passer rating are Jason Campbell(82.8) and Matt Hasselbeck(82.2)

He's 31st amongst active QBs in completion % (58.6)...behind studs like JP Losman (59.2) and David Carr (59.7).

He is seventh in TD passes...but is only 17 ahead of Carson Palmer in 16 more games played.

People seem to forget the year he won his first Super Bowl, he lead the league in interceptions and only threw three more touchdowns (23) than picks (20).

Sure, he's won two rings, but that's about the extent of his prowess. And I cannot say without reservation that he was the best player on the Giants' offense either year. By that logic, Charles Haley is the greatest NFL player of all time considering he's played in and won 5 Super Bowls.

If anything, Eli is an opportunist. But, there's no way he's in my top ten, and no way in HELL he's better than half the guys on my list.

He wins
Old 11-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #27
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ94 View Post
He wins
Yeah dude, it's easy to manipulate stats to just show the ones to prove your point...but I couldn't make Eli look elite if I tried...outside of 2 Super Bowl wins, he's got nothing else that says he's great.

So, here's to Charles Haley...greatest football player of all-time.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #28
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

3. Payton Manning

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Jay Cutler

6. Matt Ryan

7. Eli Manning

8. Phillip Rivers

9. Andrew Luck

10. Matt Schaub
This is much better, totally not in order but a decent top 10. I'd like to get Schaub out of there. I'll replace him with Ben Raplesburger.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #29
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
RIvers and Flacco are not good this year.

1. P. Manning
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Ryan
5. E. Manning
6. Cutler
7. Brees
8. Schuab
9. Wilson
10. Luck

and bc I HATE the Cowboys...TOny Romo is my Favorite QB this year, watching him suck and fail makes my soul smile
Cutler?... Mehhh he isn't that good. If you are ranking them, Schaub and Brees are way down on your list, of course this is my opinion and not yours. In a top 10 list I think Cutler should be ranked at the bottom of it, if at all.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #30
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
He wins
Clutch
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #31
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
You know...how is LUCK top 10 but Wilson is not...
ANDREW LUCK
5-3 record
56.5% 2,404yds 7.16avg 10TD 8INT 6Fumbles 79 rating

Russel Wilson
5-4 record
62.0% 1,639yds 7.00avg 13TD 8INT 1Fumble 87 Rating
Because he's thrown for almost 1,000 more yards and has been winning games almost completely by himself. Basically the reasons that I stated on the first page of this thread.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #32
cockypanther
Banned

Male

cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:

You failed to mention how clutch he is and how many 4th qtr or OT wins he has..
Old 11-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #33
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
You failed to mention how clutch he is and how many 4th qtr or OT wins he has..
Yeah, I also failed to mention that for every one of those he has a game like he did yesterday.

Sure he has a lot of "come back wins", but if he played to the level that everyone wants to put him at, he wouldn't have to come from behind so often, would he?

As a matter of fact, he's got 24 comeback wins...2 fewer than Tom Brady...Impressive, right? I don't think so, considering Brady plays with the lead because he's elite. Eli plays from behind because he turns the ball over and relies too much on inaccurate deep passes to get by.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #34
GamecockJames
4-Star

Male

GamecockJames has feathers coming inGamecockJames has feathers coming in

All I know is any list that doesn't have smith as a top 10 qb is flawed
I'm not going to stand up here and run my mouth like that coach from the upstate does" and "I invite you to get your picutre with two trophies up here, one is the Cap. 1 Bowl trophy and the other is the state championship trophy, that trophy is not really a big deal because we win it every year now
GamecockJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #35
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Eli plays as part of a conservative (winning) philosophy with a good defense too and has has shit for receivers at certain periods. He plays from behind because they don't sling it unless they have to, at least they didn't back when they had three good backs. He doesn't have to shoot it out like Brady and Payton because his defense is worth a shit. I would take Eli anyday of the week as a top 5 QB. Swing on my rings fantasty football lovers.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #36
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

This guy really doesn't like Eli.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #37
cockypanther
Banned

Male

Quote:
Yeah, I also failed to mention that for every one of those he has a game like he did yesterday.

Sure he has a lot of "come back wins", but if he played to the level that everyone wants to put him at, he wouldn't have to come from behind so often, would he?

As a matter of fact, he's got 24 comeback wins...2 fewer than Tom Brady...Impressive, right? I don't think so, considering Brady plays with the lead because he's elite. Eli plays from behind because he turns the ball over and relies too much on inaccurate deep passes to get by.
It's tough to argue against his 2 superbowl rings and clutchness in the super bowl. I guess he threw an inaccurate deep pass to Mario Manningham on the sideline in the Super Bowl last yr? I'll take a QB who gets wins and is clutch down the stretch over stat guys any day. Sure you would like to have both, but gotta take the wins man.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #38
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
This guy really doesn't like Eli.
Yeah, I really don't.

Only guy in the NFL that I hate more is Romo.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #39
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

He broke your heart didn't he? He took your dreams and turned them into endorsement opportunities. romo is ok, you just gotta' remember he was like a 10th round pick.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #40
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

Naw, he didn't break my heart.

I don't care too much for New England. And the Giants beat my Skins like a drum no matter who the QB is.

I also think that Archie is a tool. He was a horrible NFL QB who's opinion all of a sudden carries weight because he's got good sperm.

I do, however, like Peyton. He's a funny lookin' dude, but he's probably the best QB to ever put on a jock.