CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
A. Pilgrim
gamecockgal
Order 66
Gamecocks1137
gadeneer1986
eightohhthree
DTGCOCKS#32
usc90grad
Regalcock
ESPN reporter adding (4977)
How we won the UGA g (1790)
In light of our matc (1690)
Just read this. (1486)
uniforms saturday (1380)
Neat statistic bruhh (1037)
Vandy Fans (861)
If we keep winning a (825)
Clemson requires sex (559)
Women of the SEC Ran (421)
Neat statistic bruhhhhh
Winston
Terry Googer - new Wildca
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Davis dinged up again?
ESPN reporter adding to t
CockyTalk Football Pickem
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Greg Hardy deactivated by
uniforms saturday

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #21
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Nice read on #21 - Idea's media doesn't embrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHILLES5508 View Post
Point taken and understood, that is why God allows for us to have free will, we can choose to do anything we would like, but i dont think the article was meant to offend anyone it was meant to inspire, Christian or not Marcus' testimony is inspiring, to have that much faith and good will in your heart is inspiring.
You don't have to apologize for the article. It is what it is. The guy that is upset is just being ridiculous. He should have simply closed the article and went about his life.

He asked what I would do if the article was about satan. I would do one of two things... 1. I would close the article and go about my way. 2. If I was going to discuss the article I would say things like "I don't think the writer has this correct because I don't believe in his frame of reference. Therefore, I do think Marcus will come back."

But I certainly wouldn't act offended and get upset simply because the writer had a different point of view than me. That is ridiculous.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #22
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Well, this thread got terrible real fast.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #23
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Well, this thread got terrible real fast.
some people get REAL butt-hurt if they inadvertantly read anything religious.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #24
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24

Not sure how you became so offended or upset about another aspect of Marcus' life besides football. Being a fan of Marcus you should know how strong his faith is.

Did you get offended when Marcus pointed to the sky after the touchdown?

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #25
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by klempsux View Post
Obviously not seeing as that's just poor manners. I also don't think he would go out of his way to make it all about religion if he knew the person he was talking to did not necessarily see things his way. I just find it odd how religion is not allowed, unless it is Christian. One post disagreeing with it and everyone is out of the woodwork to jump. I would imagine that an article about the intricacies of Marcus's surgery that was peppered with quotes from the doctor about how the prayer doesn't do near as good a job as the anesthesia would not be looked upon favorably. Maybe we could just put something in these titles that mention it being religious so people don't go on those threads if they don't want to read about it. I was expecting an article about Marcus, not a testimony to faith, I'm here for football not church.
Did you read the OP it clearly states that media wouldn't cover because of the spiritual parts of the article. You seem intelligent in defending satan or whoever you are so defensive about, so why couldn't you understand that statement by the original poster? Just don't read it . There is a forum for threads like this one though!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #26
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Maybe I clicked wanting to read an article about one of my favorite players ever and was upset to realize that it was mostly religious nonsense that had nothing to do with football so I closed it. How would you feel if I linked an article about how Marcus won't come back and it was all about satan?
It's about Marcus, not about you. Get over yourself.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #27
ACHILLES5508
the showstopper

Male

CockyCash: 1444
ACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
You don't have to apologize for the article. It is what it is. The guy that is upset is just being ridiculous. He should have simply closed the article and went about his life.

He asked what I would do if the article was about satan. I would do one of two things... 1. I would close the article and go about my way. 2. If I was going to discuss the article I would say things like "I don't think the writer has this correct because I don't believe in his frame of reference. Therefore, I do think Marcus will come back."

But I certainly wouldn't act offended and get upset simply because the writer had a different point of view than me. That is ridiculous.
i hear ya i would've done the same, but my point was you dont have to be a follower of Christ to appreaciate someone's faith, I mean, i have a buddy that does'nt believe in God, but he still understands and appreciates my faith.

ACHILLES 5508
Old 11-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #28
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

Maybe the OP should have put "(Caution - Religious)" in the title. That way certain readers won't be even slightly inconvenienced with the thread.

I thought it was a good article and addresses exactly what Marcus is all about.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #29
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

I'll agree with the guy. Maybe articles like this should be placed in a different forum than the cock pit. This article has nothing to do with football and therefore shouldn't be put in the football forum. Move it to another forum our create different one for. I trend to believe that Marcus will recover and hopefully play again through the use of science and medicine and not from faith but that's my opinion. If his faith helps him through all the hardships, great for him. But praying will not fix Marcus.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #30
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

I dont flame people for not being religious/Christians but non-religious/non-Christians feel they need to flame people who are. let it go and grow up
Old 11-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #31
cocksfan76
Blue Chip

Male

cocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his comb

Quote:
Obviously not seeing as that's just poor manners. I also don't think he would go out of his way to make it all about religion if he knew the person he was talking to did not necessarily see things his way.
I have to disagree with you here. I believe that Marcus would spend all the time he had to give to talk about his faith with anyone who would give their time to listen. Why? Because as a true fan of Lattimore knows, that is PRECISELY the type of guy he is. You claim to be a fan, but you downplay the #1 driving force in the young man's life. I too will pray for you.

SEC Championship! 2013
Old 11-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #32
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
I'll agree with the guy. Maybe articles like this should be placed in a different forum than the cock pit. This article has nothing to do with football and therefore shouldn't be put in the football forum. Move it to another forum our create different one for. I trend to believe that Marcus will recover and hopefully play again through the use of science and medicine and not from faith but that's my opinion. If his faith helps him through all the hardships, great for him. But praying will not fix Marcus.
I like how you went from being very understanding and stating different opinions but then make a declarative statements as your last sentence. It would have been a lot better to just delete that last one.

I typically don't mix religion and football because I don't see God necessarily caring who wins the Alabama LSU game, but when a player holds it as a central focus in their life I think you have to discuss its role.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #33
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Great video I encourage anyone to watch. You get to see a different side of Dylan, TJ, Miles, and Latti
Old 11-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #34
gamecockhub
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 10341
gamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talons

Good read,thanks for posting it!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #35
WetAngryCock
Walk On

Male

WetAngryCock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
I'd have to agree with this... Cock pit is about football, not religion. There is a reason that you don't discuss religion and politics with sports!!!

Let's just all hope (or pray) that Marcus recovers quickly and is back in Garnet and Black!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #36
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I like how you went from being very understanding and stating different opinions but then make a declarative statements as your last sentence. It would have been a lot better to just delete that last one.

I typically don't mix religion and football because I don't see God necessarily caring who wins the Alabama LSU game, but when a player holds it as a central focus in their life I think you have to discuss its role.
I don't think anything is wrong with my last statement at all. I was saying that praying in and of itself will not fix him. As in prayer and prayer only. No matter how much you pray his knees won't be magically healed and fixed. Hence the science and medicine comment. That want at all a knock on his belief. Just stating a fact
Old 11-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #37
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't think anything is wrong with my last statement at all. I was saying that praying in and of itself will not fix him. As in prayer and prayer only. No matter how much you pray his knees won't be magically healed and fixed. Hence the science and medicine comment. That want at all a knock on his belief. Just stating a fact
Yep can't question the place of religion in a sports forum without it being a knock. I've got no problems with his or ya'lls beliefs, by all means live your life the way you choose. Its the whole "No talk of politics, money, or religion at the dinner table" sentiment.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #38
OfficeLinebackerCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Obviously not seeing as that's just poor manners. I also don't think he would go out of his way to make it all about religion if he knew the person he was talking to did not necessarily see things his way. I just find it odd how religion is not allowed, unless it is Christian. One post disagreeing with it and everyone is out of the woodwork to jump. I would imagine that an article about the intricacies of Marcus's surgery that was peppered with quotes from the doctor about how the prayer doesn't do near as good a job as the anesthesia would not be looked upon favorably. Maybe we could just put something in these titles that mention it being religious so people don't go on those threads if they don't want to read about it. I was expecting an article about Marcus, not a testimony to faith, I'm here for football not church.

So WTF cares what YOU want? Read if want...don't if you don't. Your expectations (or beliefs) when you click on a link are not really important to anybody but you. Bitch and moan all you want though...it's a free country and it's something you apparently have an affinity for. The rest of us will just go ahead and never look back.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #39
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
I agree as well.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #40
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Bottom line is that this forum is run by a person or people that can run it how they see fit. In return, you can choose to visit this site or not. Pretty simple idea. If the owners wanted to start allowing postings about vegetables in The Cockpit, they would have every right to do so. It would probably impact their "business," but they could certainly do it.

So if the individuals in charge of Cockytalk want to have this article in this forum, then that is their choice.

If you don't like it, then find another site.

Satan was brought up earlier. If the owners of this site put a listing to the Satanic Bible on this site and started promoting it, I would simply not visit the site anymore.
Closed Thread