CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
Does South Carolina (1646)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (926)
Rest of the season p (903)
Let us clarify some (736)
Tennessee kickoff an (659)
Tennessee Game Time (651)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (633)
Just thought of some (550)
Is Clowney back toni (513)
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
Miss St. defense
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Why is everyone anticipat
To ANYONE complaining abo
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Let us clarify some thing
How do you want Auburn to
Bruce Ellington's First T

Old 11-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #21
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly
Default Re: Further progress being made in new South Carolina/Clemson Rivalry

I think this is a fantastic idea. Good job
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #22
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
We certainly need something better than the Hardee's Trophy...a crappy fast-food chain that was neither founded in SC nor is it headquartered here.
Hardee's was founded in Spartanburg by Jerry Richardson
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #23
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I love this idea.

Signed.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #24
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

Let me clarify my position on this. I simply don't like the idea of trying to add new dimensions to the rivalry. The players on the field, the fans in the seats and most of the people watching at home know what this game means to both sides.

Do I like the Hardee's trophy? Not at all. I think it's cheesy (See what I did there?) and forced. But, it's contractually bound and not going away anytime soon. At the end of the day, the symbols on that flag belong to both institutions; regardless of who wins a football game.

I'm sure Clemmy is making great progress on this initiative. We are becoming their bowl game. They play in the ACC, fellas. Our game during the last week of the season is their last (and often, only) shot to prove they belong on the national scene. They would love to do nothing more than come up with new gimmicks to make the game seem a little more glamorous.

As for the University of South Carolina, I feel like our focus should be elsewhere...
Old 11-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #25
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Whoever gets player of the game in that game FOR THE WINNING TEAM should have the honor, with the coach, to bring it down to the team
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #26
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

The hardees trophy blows, but I'm not one to emphasize this match-up. I just don't think it has great upside for us given the direction the ACC is taking on so many things. Plenty of teams worth of our dislike including the one we play this saturday that has beat the crap out of us for about as long as I can remember.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #27
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

I don't know. Some of those hardees models are nice looking.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #28
CockyCyclone
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 16788014
CockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
I don't know. Some of those hardees models are nice looking.
I concur
Old 11-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #29
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

Signed!
i29gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #30
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 200
scz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
Thank you for pointing that out so i didnt have to

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #31
josefelipes
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1450
josefelipes is sharpening his clawsjosefelipes is sharpening his clawsjosefelipes is sharpening his clawsjosefelipes is sharpening his clawsjosefelipes is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
Wilber Hardee opened his first namesake restaurant in Greenville, North Carolina in 1960. Five months later he had his first franchisee and over the years his burger chain has spread to become a favorite throughout the Midwestern and Southeastern United States

http://www.hardees.com/company/story/
josefelipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #32
chapincock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 250
chapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock1983 View Post
Let me clarify my position on this. I simply don't like the idea of trying to add new dimensions to the rivalry. The players on the field, the fans in the seats and most of the people watching at home know what this game means to both sides.

Do I like the Hardee's trophy? Not at all. I think it's cheesy (See what I did there?) and forced. But, it's contractually bound and not going away anytime soon. At the end of the day, the symbols on that flag belong to both institutions; regardless of who wins a football game.

I'm sure Clemmy is making great progress on this initiative. We are becoming their bowl game. They play in the ACC, fellas. Our game during the last week of the season is their last (and often, only) shot to prove they belong on the national scene. They would love to do nothing more than come up with new gimmicks to make the game seem a little more glamorous.

As for the University of South Carolina, I feel like our focus should be elsewhere...
I understand your view but a lot of people nationally don't really care for the rivalry, so if there was more of a branding to it, something to make it a little more appealing then I think we should give it a shot, especially something like the palmetto and crescent moon. These guys playing want to be seen, and you have to market the school to make sure that happens. I totally understand the traditionalist point of view and can appreciate it, but you gotta keep in mind, this world revolves around change, so a little something extra doesn't hurt.
chapincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #33
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapincock View Post
I understand your view but a lot of people nationally don't really care for the rivalry, so if there was more of a branding to it, something to make it a little more appealing then I think we should give it a shot, especially something like the palmetto and crescent moon. These guys playing want to be seen, and you have to market the school to make sure that happens. I totally understand the traditionalist point of view and can appreciate it, but you gotta keep in mind, this world revolves around change, so a little something extra doesn't hurt.
We could have a giant potato and call it the tater trophy.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #34
#1TheBeast
Recruit

Male

#1TheBeast has hatched from the shell

It'd be awesome to put the palmetto on top of one of the corner ramps or the top of the student section and the captains or seniors get to walk the crescent to the top to hang it after we win. Logistics would be tricky but that would be unforgetable to say the least.
#1TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #35
chapincock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 250
chapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1TheBeast View Post
It'd be awesome to put the palmetto on top of one of the corner ramps or the top of the student section and the captains or seniors get to walk the crescent to the top to hang it after we win. Logistics would be tricky but that would be unforgetable to say the least.
Farmers market maybe?
chapincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #36
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock1983 View Post

I agree. Hardees Trophy is lame, but why can't we just replace it with a cooler trophy and be done with it. Make it a palmetto tree trophy if you want... but we don't need it displayed in the stadium and make a whole production out of it. Clemson shouldn't be made to feel that important bc, well, they aren't.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #37
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I'm not against changing the trophy or changing the traditions around the game, but I don't particularly like this idea. Don't have any better ideas though, so I probably won't complain too much if it does come to fruition.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #38
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Need to do something to liven up the only real rivalry we have at the time.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #39
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb

like it
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #40
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Bragging rights is enough to play for without the artifice of some trophy.