CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
pitchcock
Coulwoodwarlord
Cockypantherfan
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
Waldrop doubtful for (1139)
Best position coach (997)
We Have A New KO Guy (903)
The New Idea That'll (872)
If we loose to Kensu (662)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (545)
I'm over the loss, b (479)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (326)
So What? (314)
Women's BB "Big (202)
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Best position coach or co
Ole Miss football program
We Have A New KO Guy
Dylan Thompson looks brok
Thoughts on the basketbal
If we loose to Kensucky..
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
One dimensional QB
Really excited to visit t

Old 11-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #221
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: CYTK Clan: BlOps II (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
The SCAR looks like it has no recoil at all, not as powerful, but the lack of recoil will make it sufficient.
I just watched a video where he said the SCAR is NOWHERE close to what it once was.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #222
Berry
Sherlock

Male

CockyCash: 17578666
Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
They've already said that you'll be able to adjust the background music on MP ... as for the noise. I'm ok with that, because if you were in a REAL situation ... you're going to have some background noise. However, you're not going to have some Jaws-like music bumping in the background when you're trying to listen for footsteps near a bomb.

As for the features, of course it looks like a newer game. They're taking pieces that have worked here an there and mixed them up. I was talking more of the smooth looking game play looks like COD4.

I will say that I like the Boat map that they have out, but it looks nearly exactly like the hotel map from BlOps.
No music will be playing in my background.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #223
Berry
Sherlock

Male

Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
I just watched a video where he said the SCAR is NOWHERE close to what it once was.
Did it show the mp7 and crossbow as well?

I saw one video that the Type 25 was a beast. Should be my gun, especially with select fire.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #224
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

yeah it was Ali's video

Old 11-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #225
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

I'm getting this monday night
Old 11-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #226
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

The video that I tried to link the other day had the mp7 in it. I know Tmartn said that it was one of the worst smgs, althought not quite as deadly as the MW3 version it still looked pretty deadly. I just hope they make the clip size of the smgs bigger this time. They were super small in Blops and it was hard to get a multikill using an smg.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #227
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
I'm getting this monday night
Oh so you are the guy that paid $2000 on ebay to get it one day early

It would be nice to get it early. I wonder if they will turn the servers on early for the people who were able to get an early copy. With BO2 trying to compete with Halo 4, it might not be a bad idea for them to turn them on early.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #228
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

No, he means hes going to camp outside and pick it up at midnight

Old 11-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #229
Berry
Sherlock

Male

It's kinda hard to tell how the game will play watching the multiplayer videos. Since all those games were played on LAN. Not sure how the hit detection is going to be.

At least they try to match up you up with people close to you.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #230
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

Oh yeah, I forgot about the midnight release. Has anyone ever been to one of those big midnight release events?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #231
Berry
Sherlock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about the midnight release. Has anyone ever been to one of those big midnight release events?
Cack goes every year.

He also camps out at ticket offices when Eric Church tickets go on sale.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #232
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

EC tickets ... I would if they still did that

As for midnight release ... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to the very first ever. It was for NCAA Football MANY moons ago. Every geek in Greenville was there, and I vowed to never go to another ... and haven't.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #233
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

I remember back when I was in college I worked at Books-A-Million. The midnight releases of the Harry Potter books were awful. It could have been at least been something like 50 Shades of Gray so I could have seen some cougars. Instead I got a store full of brats and geeks dressed in constume.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #234
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
It was laggy for me too.

Realy laggy, like I hipfired a whole AK47 clip almost into this guy at like point blank range and then i magically appeared past him and he shot me. I was having fun on that one nuketown one where we had them pinned down though; i got out the shotty and got into their spawn and shot some dudes in the back. I also got a triple with my RPG from across the map that was awesome.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #235
Berry
Sherlock

Male

Trying to debate whether I want to play tonight or not.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #236
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I'm going to play some if it isn't so laggy I almost throw the controller. Saw a video by Woody a couple months back I meant to share with my Clan. He said we should be using smaller, computer monitors (~24"), as opposed to big HDTVs because the smaller screen allows you to see things more quickly without looking all around and the input lag time on monitors is less than even TV's in gaming mode. I might link it if I can find it. Do you guys play on monitors? Wired internet? Wired controllers? Badass internet? Think all of that is BS? Seems like a half a second lag time is the difference between life and death usually in this game.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #237
Berry
Sherlock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
I'm going to play some if it isn't so laggy I almost throw the controller. Saw a video by Woody a couple months back I meant to share with my Clan. He said we should be using smaller, computer monitors (~24"), as opposed to big HDTVs because the smaller screen allows you to see things more quickly without looking all around and the input lag time on monitors is less than even TV's in gaming mode. I might link it if I can find it. Do you guys play on monitors? Wired internet? Wired controllers? Badass internet? Think all of that is BS? Seems like a half a second lag time is the difference between life and death usually in this game.
I see a lot them on Youtube use the smaller monitors.

I might try to play on my 22" monitor.
Wireless internet
Wireless controller
Very good internet 30 up 3 down.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #238
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

I'm just not THAT worried about COD to get a monitor and a fancy smancy set up to give me 1 extra kill a game.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #239
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

I just watched a veteran bot domination gameplay on the boat map cack mentioned. The bots did a good job with the game mode and it was competitive. I agree the map looks like hotel a lot, pretty lazy on the developers part. I really like the round format of domination now. It will make it tougher to spawn trap since you will have to switch sides and start over every five minutes.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #240
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Well i have a monitor, but I play on my 50 inch plasma. Seems like the 24" monitor might actually be better.