CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
TheUniversityofSC
Bed Sores
dixiecock
b381l
Cockhornleghorn
TAFC 5 1981
Gamecocks1137
Aggie96
Order 66
Skai Moore not start (2131)
Paul Finebaum heaps (2050)
Unreal Article from (1850)
Conflict with Aggies (1536)
Elliott Fry (1493)
Devonte Returning (1468)
New JK Video Imminen (1189)
Lattimore out more 6 (1062)
Brandon Allen's truc (1005)
Kirk Herbstreit on t (747)
The 3-4
Connor Shaw Browns
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Skai Moore not starting a
Devonte Returning
2015 Greyshirt - Darin Sm
Kyle Carpenter to lead Ga
Paul Finebaum heaps prais
Would you rather: Beat Cl
Unreal Article from USA T

Old 11-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #41
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb
Default Re: Robert Nkemdichi Decommitted From Clemson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
I am glad Coach Lawing didn't pursue this fella real hard. Family seems like a bunch of prima donnas.

Well...maybe not the kid but mom sure seems like a control freak. He should go where he wants to go. It is his life...she isn't paying a dime so she shouldn't have much of a say. He has to grow up and if this is a mistake..so be it. He will learn from it. His mom should just give her blessing and let it go.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #42
espn4lyf
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10136
espn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot material

http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/maxwir...ecommitted.htm
Old 11-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #43
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

It's a tough deal these young men face when it comes to college decisions. Parental influence, siblings and friends, etc. His mother wanting Robert to go to Ole Miss simply because his brother is there is admirable, but I think it is out of line as far as being such a hard ass about it. He's taken numerous visits, loves Clemson, so his Mom should respect his wishes and desires and should support him to do what's in his heart. I think her insistence that he go to Ole Miss is detrimental to this young man's development into adult life.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #44
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Robert Nkemdiche Decommitted From Clemson

Here's the way I see it, Nkemidickihikimi and his Mom will eventually meet with Dabo, they'll come to an agreement (meaning an acceptable deal/figure) and afterwards she'll come out and praise the "family" atmosphere there.

He'll sign with Clemson on NSD.

I don't think 'Bama is responding to her rather clumsy overtures, and I'm not sure Ole Miss can beat Clemson on price.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #45
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

This is one reason why I don't really like how much exposure these kids are getting now. Just about a decade ago kids could go through an internal struggle, decommit etc. and not have the world watching their moves. We've been lucky with our big commits being very mature about the process, but it's easy to be taken advantage of by the media when you are only a teen.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #46
sctvman
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
sctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talons

Clemson fans are melting down after I posted that. Telling me to "Go await, Coot," and calling me a troll. Funny to see.
sctvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #47
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn4lyf View Post
It's official, and I don't just mean the decommittment. This is officially the worst day in David Kamara's life. Hopefully they still let him go to Clemson, but I wouldn't like the odds.
Also, I guess "pulling a Clemson" doesn't just apply to football games anymore.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #48
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
It's a tough deal these young men face when it comes to college decisions. Parental influence, siblings and friends, etc. His mother wanting Robert to go to Ole Miss simply because his brother is there is admirable, but I think it is out of line as far as being such a hard ass about it. He's taken numerous visits, loves Clemson, so his Mom should respect his wishes and desires and should support him to do what's in his heart. I think her insistence that he go to Ole Miss is detrimental to this young man's development into adult life.
She did not insist on him going to ole miss she just said she would prefer him to go there. I don't think Nickleback has taken numerous visits to clemson either.
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #49
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick66 View Post
It's official, and I don't just mean the decommittment. This is officially the worst day in David Kamara's life. Hopefully they still let him go to Clemson, but I wouldn't like the odds.
I don't see how dabo could survive the shit storm that would follow if he pulled that kids schollie...but i'm sure somehow he would
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #50
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

tigernet to full meltdown mode in 3, 2, 1....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #51
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
tigernet to full meltdown mode in 3, 2, 1....
Those who have actually followed his recruitment shouldn't be surprised. I'm not.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #52
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I don't think too many Clemson folks are going to be surprised on this one.

Truthfully, in the long run they may be better off. I have a feeling this guy would be a cancer in the locker room. Watch any of his highlights, he won't stop woofing the entire time, and his process is WAY more about ME, ME, ME than recruits like DGB or even Clowney.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #53
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

He is going to Ole Miss this weekend
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #54
phdnumbaone
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 572
phdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick66 View Post

Kamara can follow him to ole miss, they did offer him too
phdnumbaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #55
chi3fcocksman
Fanatic

Male

CockyCash: 100302
chi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudly

WoW tigernet is a trip right now
Old 11-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #56
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Current Screen shot of ESPN's board...

Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #57
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Tigernet is strangely not in meltdown. They act like they don't care. They are talking about Adams

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #58
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Now, they are delusional as always over at Toiletnet by thinking that Dabo told him to decommit

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #59
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Tigernet is strangely not in meltdown. They act like they don't care. They are talking about Adams
Don't know why they are talking about Adams. He is not going to Clemson either. Unfortunately it's looking more like he is going to be a Bulldog.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #60
Lonnie
Band

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Don't know why they are talking about Adams. He is not going to Clemson either. Unfortunately it's looking more like he is going to be a Bulldog.
Eh, we'd have to play him once a year either way.