CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky > NCAA Football

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
markp_vip
Gamecocks1137
jrussjr
Acockolypse Now
PageUSC
spareparts
COCKYTALKIN
ChickenButt
Cockypantherfan
eightohhthree
Legitimate, Unbiased (1822)
Antonio Allen vs Als (1762)
why we're in this po (1510)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (1306)
Predict the Season ( (1262)
I guess we don't get (1201)
open discussion of t (1120)
Spurrier Press confe (1035)
Dylan Thompson picke (988)
Waldrop & Willia (817)
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Spurrier Press conference
D line pressure
Acock's Wrap Up: Vandy
Predict the Season (After
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Vols @ UGA (ESPN - Noon)
Pharoh Cooper is a stud
2014-15 Premier League se
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr

Old 11-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #261
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material
Default Re: Weekend Warriors 13 Season 3 ***PS3

Hey noto not going to be able to play my game so I guess my fate is in the hands of the CPU being nice to me!

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #262
Cock Football 05
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 144191532
Cock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Cock Football 05 Send a message via Yahoo to Cock Football 05

Another big win for Texas Tech this week as they went on the road to Stillwater and stole a win from #4 Okla St.

The Red Raiders went ahead 21-7 with 30 seconds left before halftime. With Texas Tech also receiving the 2nd half kick the Cowboys had to make something happen or risk a big deficit in the 2nd half. Well they took a simple 10 yard out route 75 yards for the score. So with the Red Raiders leading 21-14 at half it was a close ball game. Okla St would later tie the game at 21 in the 3rd quarter. Texas Tech took the lead back with a FG in the 4th quarter. With 4 seconds left the Cowboys would hit 42 yard FG to tie the game at 24. Going to overtime Texas Tech won the toss and elected to play defense. 3 plays in the Okla St. QB would scramble out of the pocket, after nearly gaining the first down he would take a hit and have the ball stripped out. The safety came up and scooped the ball and took it 92 yards for the game winning score.

I control my own destiny in the Big 12 with 3 conference games left.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #263
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Football 05 View Post
Another big win for Texas Tech this week as they went on the road to Stillwater and stole a win from #4 Okla St.

The Red Raiders went ahead 21-7 with 30 seconds left before halftime. With Texas Tech also receiving the 2nd half kick the Cowboys had to make something happen or risk a big deficit in the 2nd half. Well they took a simple 10 yard out route 75 yards for the score. So with the Red Raiders leading 21-14 at half it was a close ball game. Okla St would later tie the game at 21 in the 3rd quarter. Texas Tech took the lead back with a FG in the 4th quarter. With 4 seconds left the Cowboys would hit 42 yard FG to tie the game at 24. Going to overtime Texas Tech won the toss and elected to play defense. 3 plays in the Okla St. QB would scramble out of the pocket, after nearly gaining the first down he would take a hit and have the ball stripped out. The safety came up and scooped the ball and took it 92 yards for the game winning score.

I control my own destiny in the Big 12 with 3 conference games left.
I see you trying to hop in on the #1 DE in the nation. Hopefully I can snag him right out from under your nose in Texas.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #264
Cock Football 05
Heisman Candidate

Male

Cock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot materialCock Football 05 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Cock Football 05 Send a message via Yahoo to Cock Football 05

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
I see you trying to hop in on the #1 DE in the nation. Hopefully I can snag him right out from under your nose in Texas.
Yeah I'm pretty sure you will get him. I got on him late, like several highly rated guys from TX because I had so many positions of needs to fill. Once I narrowed those down and got a couple commits I went after him. You got the soft commit from him this week and I was gonna give up but figured I'll go all out and try to atleast get to week 15 so he can visit. I doubt he makes it that long without signing with you. If it tells ya anything I haven't even scouted him any, what's he rate out at?
Old 11-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #265
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah I'm pretty sure you will get him. I got on him late, like several highly rated guys from TX because I had so many positions of needs to fill. Once I narrowed those down and got a couple commits I went after him. You got the soft commit from him this week and I was gonna give up but figured I'll go all out and try to atleast get to week 15 so he can visit. I doubt he makes it that long without signing with you. If it tells ya anything I haven't even scouted him any, what's he rate out at?
78 I think.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #266
Cock Football 05
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
78 I think.
Cool, lock him down so I can stop wasting an hour on him. lol

I think I need to rethink my recruiting strategy now that Im in TX. Cant be missing out on elite talent in my backyard. Had to spend too much time on my needs to start this year. I had a lot.

Needs:

TE (Have a soft commit rated at 78, also lead for the #1 TE who rated at 76. Pretty much just need to offer him but havent yet just to toy with Harv a little.)
G (Missed out on the #1 G to UGA, he was a 5* from TX rated at 77. Big disappointment here. I do have a soft commit from a 3* rated at 65 though.)
DT (Hit a grandslam at this position. Landed #8 DT rated at 80 and have a slight lead over Harv for #3 DT also rated at 80.)
2 OLB (Landed a 3* from TX rated at 67, but also have a soft commitment from #4 OLB rated at 81, also from TX)
2 FS (Landed #8 FS rated at 67, and have a slight lead over Harv and Ark St for #1 FS rated 80)
SS (Landed #1 SS rated 81, from TX.)
K (got on this guy very late but glad I did, he rated out very well at 86(+8). #5 K, 3* and out of TX. Moved up his list very fast and he is now a soft commit.)

So with 9 needs I may end up with 5 being filled with guys rated 80+(not counting the 2nd 80 at DT since I only needed 1). Then TE will be filled with a 78(and maybe a 76).

Texas is obviously loaded with talent and Im not getting near enough but I lead for(and think I should land) 4 of the top 12 in the state. Those top 12 in Texas all land in the top 39 overall.

Harv-you plan on getting any of these guys you trail me for? I just looked and there are 4 guys I lead for that your either 2nd or 3rd. Thats not counting the 1 I got committed that you finished 2nd for. 3 of those 5 are very highly rated guys out of TX.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #267
notoriety
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
notoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudly

We have advanced into the next week. Next advance time will be mon morning at 8 am.

Restarts left:

MBcock: 0
UScooper: 1
notoriety: 0
CCtiger91: 0
Cock Footbal05: 0
ATLgamecock: 0
Carolina Harv: 0
Coryusc2008:1
rnecavs07: 1
dffoxfanatic7: 0
Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #268
Cock Football 05
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
78 I think.
he committed to you this week. Good get!

I did turn 3 of my softs into full commitments. The K rated at 86, the OLB rated at 81, and TE rated at 78. Added 2 more softs with the 2nd DT rated at 80, and an ATH rated at 79(projects to be a starting CB for me next year).

Last edited by Cock Football 05; 11-09-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Cock Football 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #269
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

Quote:
he committed to you this week. Good get!

I did turn 3 of my softs into full commitments. The K rated at 86, the OLB rated at 81, and TE rated at 78. Added 2 more softs with the 2nd DT rated at 80, and an ATH rated at 79(projects to be a starting CB for me next year).
Great news I'm bout to check and see if I got anymore commits.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #270
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

Pretty good recruiting weekend for the Deacons as I picked up the #1 DE in the nation (78 ovr), the #5 DT in the nation (81 ovr), and a 3 star OG (73 ovr).

I currently lead for the #7 DE (76 ovr) and #12 DT (75 ovr). Defensive line was a point of emphasis for me and it looks like I'm going to land a stellar class there. Secondary was another point of emphasis and it looks like I'm going to bring in 5 DBs to help out.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #271
Cock Football 05
Heisman Candidate

Male

Texas Tech takes a big jump in the rankings this week.

Moved up 5 spots to #13 in the coaches poll.
Moved up 10 Spots to #9 in the Media poll.
Moved up 7 spots to #10 in the BCS.

Back to Back wins over #1 and #4 will move you right up. Pretty sure I was not ranked before the win over #1 Texas.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #272
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

My PS3 won't connect to EA Servers for some reason. It says I have internet connection but when I go to connect to EA Servers it takes like a minute then signs me out of the PSN. Anyone had similar issues?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #273
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
My PS3 won't connect to EA Servers for some reason. It says I have internet connection but when I go to connect to EA Servers it takes like a minute then signs me out of the PSN. Anyone had similar issues?
It wouldn't sign me in when game started but went and loaded online dynasty and signed me in no problem.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #274
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material

In a defensive battle with Ohio state 7-0 Indiana at the half
Old 11-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #275
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

Sob it was 14-14 and I just broke off a huge run and just as I am going into the end zone my power shuts off then turns back on. Damn this sucks I had a good game going I wasn't throwing picks .
Old 11-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #276
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

I got my game in. It was ugly but I had to hurry. Sorry no game summary bc I'm on my phone but the final was like 45-33 over Maryland. I had to sim a lot of defense.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #277
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Quote:
I got my game in. It was ugly but I had to hurry. Sorry no game summary bc I'm on my phone but the final was like 45-33 over Maryland. I had to sim a lot of defense.
How the hell do you shutout Clemson then give up 33 to MD? I don't care if you were in a hurry, NO EXCUSES!

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #278
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_Harv View Post
How the hell do you shutout Clemson then give up 33 to MD? I don't care if you were in a hurry, NO EXCUSES!
Haha I don't know man. My defense has been awful against the pass all year and a lot has to do with me not getting enough pressure on the opposing QB. But I did have to sim a lot on defense and it ended up closer than I wanted it too but I was confident in my offense to take care of business which they did.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #279
notoriety
Bowl MVP

Male

notoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudlynotoriety is crowing loudly

cory when can you play? need to get this game in so let me know i can play mostly all day tomorrow
Old 11-11-2012, 04:19 AM   #280
coryusc2008
Heisman

Male

coryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurs

Been in columbia all weekend for the football & bball gms but I'll be home 2mr night like around 10. Can u play around then
coryusc2008 is offline   Reply With Quote