CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
HelleraisingCock
MWard
SAETerrier
Acockolypse Now
CoverTwo
ertman420
sc455
Larenz Bryant update (2002)
Victor Hampton Arres (1202)
Joeckel Transfering (1178)
2016 - Greg Little (816)
UK's Whitlow to tran (736)
What type of snake i (667)
response from charte (606)
Wu Tang affiliated r (517)
Attendance next seas (301)
how has more ESPN an (223)
Victor Hampton Arrested
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Joeckel Transfering from
how has more ESPN anounce
Gamecock Legacy recruits/
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
2016 - Greg Little
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM

Old 11-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #81
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Default Re: Robert Nkemdiche Decommitted From Clemson

His mom is not seeing Dabo. She thinks he is a joke. She thinks the ACC is a joke. Apparently she runs things from Nigeria. Dad likes Bama. Nick is a one heck of a recruiter. Mom would love him!
Some kids do things like that to get attention. I suspect he has the big ego.
If he goes to Mis., we have to play him in a conference game. Clemson game is, in the overall season, does not matter as much as a conference foe. He isn't Clowney anyway..
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #82
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Double post. Sorry.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #83
Cocky Garnet
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his claws

I hate ESPN's recruiting page for a number of reasons, and here's one: the past TWO years they had 4 guys rated 87+. This year they have FORTY-NINE.

Our top recruit on their board is Rolin, at #76 overall, a 4-star, 84 rating. Last year, rating 84 would have put him between #12 and #16 in the country.
Cocky Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #84
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

From RN's mother, “My No. 1 team is Alabama. That’s one school I truly love, Alabama …” Why do you like Alabama? “Alabama has a good football team. And they’re solid. They have good academics. Right now, they are undefeated. And I’ve stayed in stayed in touch with their coach on Facebook. He is a good person. I like the school but again, I would prefer for Denzel and Robert to play together.”

lolwut? Anyone else confused by this statement? I mean, if 'Bama is #1, how can she prefer that her sons play together at Ole Miss?

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...src=cb_section

Who cares where this dude goes to college...It's not like he's going to be operating on my son 10 years from now or leading the way with cancer research...hell, he won't even be filing someone's taxes or teaching someone's kid cursive ten years from now. He'll be slamming is head into another big dude's head on Sundays for the enjoyment of millions. Regardless where he plays his ball on Saturdays for the next 3 years, he's more than likely going to be sitting in the same seat in April of 2016.
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #85
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook84 View Post
From RN's mother, “My No. 1 team is Alabama. That’s one school I truly love, Alabama …” Why do you like Alabama? “Alabama has a good football team. And they’re solid. They have good academics. Right now, they are undefeated. And I’ve stayed in stayed in touch with their coach on Facebook. He is a good person. I like the school but again, I would prefer for Denzel and Robert to play together.”

lolwut? Anyone else confused by this statement? I mean, if 'Bama is #1, how can she prefer that her sons play together at Ole Miss?

Who cares where this dude goes to college...It's not like he's going to be operating on my son 10 years from now or leading the way with cancer research...hell, he won't even be filing someone's taxes or teaching someone's kid cursive ten years from now. He'll be slamming is head into another big dude's head on Sundays for the enjoyment of millions. Regardless where he plays his ball on Saturdays for the next 3 years, he's more than likely going to be sitting in the same seat in April of 2016.
He has said he would use three years only to get in the NFL. If he could go now, he would. Money has replaced a team for some of these kids.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #86
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky Garnet View Post
I hate ESPN's recruiting page for a number of reasons, and here's one: the past TWO years they had 4 guys rated 87+. This year they have FORTY-NINE.

Our top recruit on their board is Rolin, at #76 overall, a 4-star, 84 rating. Last year, rating 84 would have put him between #12 and #16 in the country.
Saw that too. I dont think anybody reallyfollows ESPNrecruiting nowadays
Old 11-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #87
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
He has said he would use three years only to get in the NFL. If he could go now, he would. Money has replaced a team for some of these kids.

no offense, but why should he stay more than 3 years? I am not saying I like the kid, but since there is no other option for these players other than NCAA sports, what choice does he have? If he is good enough to leave after 3 years, I see no problem with that. After seeing Lattimore get hurt again, I feel even more strongly that they should get paid while they can. Don't forget, NCAA football has a monopoly on these players.
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #88
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
no offense, but why should he stay more than 3 years? I am not saying I like the kid, but since there is no other option for these players other than NCAA sports, what choice does he have? If he is good enough to leave after 3 years, I see no problem with that. After seeing Lattimore get hurt again, I feel even more strongly that they should get paid while they can. Don't forget, NCAA football has a monopoly on these players.

Yea, Clowney said the same thing. 3 and i'm out...can't blame these guys one bit
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #89
Cocky Garnet
Walk On

Male

Cocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
Saw that too. I dont think anybody reallyfollows ESPNrecruiting nowadays
Only reason it irks me is they had Clowney at 95 and this guy at 94. JC7 was the third 95 in ESPN's history. The other two were both when they got rating-happy in 2008 and gave Bowers and Julio Jones 95s. If Clowney was not a 99+ coming out of SouthPointe, I don't know what is. Haha.

My personal rankings go 247, Rivals, Scout, ESPN. I think Scout has better content than Rivals, they just need to present it better.
Cocky Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #90
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:
I think the point is that the dude apparently has no plans to do anything with his life but football.

I don't care if he goes to college or not, it's not like any societal contribution outside of what he accomplishes in sport is expected of him.

Most people couldn't care less if professional athletes have a degree or not. I know I don't. I don't watch them because they're smart, you know?
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #91
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

jch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook84 View Post

If she thinks Nick Saban is nice then she is very mislead. I guess she doesnt know about the time one of his players in Miami passed out right in front of him and he just stepped over and ignored him and went into his office. Sounds like a standup guy. Unfortunately Miss. N is running RN's life and college choice. IMO it should be his choice. This one is far from over but I honestly dont see him signing anywhere but at Ole Miss or Clemson.
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #92
landlocked
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2000
landlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudly

Just saw this on ESPN

Robert Nkemdiche, the nation's top football recruit in the Class of 2013, has decommitted from Clemson, his high school coach Mickey Conn told ESPN.com's RecruitingNation via text message.
Reports surfaced Wednesday night that Nkemdiche, a 6-foot-5, 265-pound defensive end from Loganville (Ga.) Grayson, had backed away from his commitment to the Tigers, but he denied them saying they were "just not true."

More from ESPN.com

After Robert Nkemdiche decommitted from Clemson, many questions remain on when the No. 1 prospect in the ESPN 150 will make his final decision -- and with whom, writes Mitch Sherman. Story

"That is just people talking," Nkemdiche said Wednesday evening. "I have not done anything or made plans to do anything. They are just talking. I have not decommitted from Clemson."

However, Conn confirmed Thursday morning that Nkemdiche had indeed had a change of heart.

When reached Thursday, Nkemdiche said he is not talking about his status anymore. Nkemdiche's mother, Beverly Nkemdiche, also had no comment about her son's status.
"I'm not talking to anybody about anything," Nkemdiche said Thursday. "I'm not talking about recruiting anymore. I'm not talking about recruiting with anybody."

Nkemdiche said Wednesday night he expects Ole Miss defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff and Georgia running backs coach Bryan McClendon to attend his regular-season game Friday night versus Snellville (Ga.) Brookwood.

ESPN 150 & ESPN 300

For the latest college football recruiting player rankings, turn to ESPN RecruitingNation.
ESPN 150 player rankings
ESPN 300 player rankings
More from RecruitingNation

Nkemdiche intends to take an unofficial visit to Ole Miss with his parents on Saturday. It will be his fourth trip to Ole Miss since he committed to Clemson in June.

Nkemdiche's brother, Denzell, is a linebacker for the Rebels. Alabama, Georgia and Ole Miss are believed to be the only other teams still seriously under consideration, but all signs point toward Ole Miss as the top team now on his list.

Nkemdiche originally committed in June after an unofficial visit to Clemson with teammates Wayne Gallman and David Kamara, who were already committed to the Tigers.

"I love Clemson," Nkemdiche said in June. "I know in my heart it's the right place for me."
landlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #93
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
I completely agree with leaving early. If a player is NFL material and has a chance at the first few rounds they should absolutely leave. I love USC and enjoyed all my four years there; however, if I had the chance to leave a year earlier and start my career with a million dollar bonus I wouldn't have to think very long.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #94
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

I just heard that he tweeted this: siap
"robert nkemdiche ?@Robertusmagna_1

I'm on the way to my prime I don't have time for the bs I just need my boys and a dime"

I might be too white to know what dime he's talking about but I think he means a girl, I doubt he would be tweeting about money or weed through the recruiting process lol.
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #95
MjGCock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 342
MjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming in

Yes, a girl.
MjGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #96
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

A dimepiece aka a 10 out of 10 on the female ratings scale... this kid's mom seems like she might be an idiot.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #97
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
A dimepiece aka a 10 out of 10 on the female ratings scale... this kid's mom seems like she might be an idiot.
That's what I thought, she seems to me like the definition of a helicopter mom
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #98
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlocked View Post
Just saw this on ESPN

Robert Nkemdiche, the nation's top football recruit in the Class of 2013, has decommitted from Clemson, his high school coach Mickey Conn told ESPN.com's RecruitingNation via text message.
Reports surfaced Wednesday night that Nkemdiche, a 6-foot-5, 265-pound defensive end from Loganville (Ga.) Grayson, had backed away from his commitment to the Tigers, but he denied them saying they were "just not true."

More from ESPN.com

After Robert Nkemdiche decommitted from Clemson, many questions remain on when the No. 1 prospect in the ESPN 150 will make his final decision -- and with whom, writes Mitch Sherman. Story

"That is just people talking," Nkemdiche said Wednesday evening. "I have not done anything or made plans to do anything. They are just talking. I have not decommitted from Clemson."

However, Conn confirmed Thursday morning that Nkemdiche had indeed had a change of heart.

When reached Thursday, Nkemdiche said he is not talking about his status anymore. Nkemdiche's mother, Beverly Nkemdiche, also had no comment about her son's status.
"I'm not talking to anybody about anything," Nkemdiche said Thursday. "I'm not talking about recruiting anymore. I'm not talking about recruiting with anybody."

Nkemdiche said Wednesday night he expects Ole Miss defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff and Georgia running backs coach Bryan McClendon to attend his regular-season game Friday night versus Snellville (Ga.) Brookwood.

ESPN 150 & ESPN 300

For the latest college football recruiting player rankings, turn to ESPN RecruitingNation.
ESPN 150 player rankings
ESPN 300 player rankings
More from RecruitingNation

Nkemdiche intends to take an unofficial visit to Ole Miss with his parents on Saturday. It will be his fourth trip to Ole Miss since he committed to Clemson in June.

Nkemdiche's brother, Denzell, is a linebacker for the Rebels. Alabama, Georgia and Ole Miss are believed to be the only other teams still seriously under consideration, but all signs point toward Ole Miss as the top team now on his list.

Nkemdiche originally committed in June after an unofficial visit to Clemson with teammates Wayne Gallman and David Kamara, who were already committed to the Tigers.

"I love Clemson," Nkemdiche said in June. "I know in my heart it's the right place for me."

Robert now says, for about the 100th time, that he is no longer talking to the media and about his recruiting. I expect that "silence" to maybe last until Sunday when he comments about his trip to the Grove.
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #99
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Decommitting from Clemson -

Strongly considering Alabama -

I really hope he goes to Ole Miss. They are not as big a threat to South Carolina's SEC championship aspirations over the next few years.
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #100
imabeastonu
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ever2Thee View Post
I just heard that he tweeted this: siap
"robert nkemdiche ?@Robertusmagna_1

I'm on the way to my prime I don't have time for the bs I just need my boys and a dime"

I might be too white to know what dime he's talking about but I think he means a girl, I doubt he would be tweeting about money or weed through the recruiting process lol.
they gettin high
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote