CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
3MTA3
rosstheboss
Spurticus
bigdog2003
spareparts
Gyle41386
i29gman
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (4230)
Cunningham wants to (1062)
ESPN article on Clow (612)
Clemson Georgia Game (607)
Horseshoes has been (430)
Fumble party (336)
1964 World’s Fair (226)
New Led Zep releases (123)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (119)
Truly Inspiring (92)
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Kaleb Kim
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
ESPN article on Clowney -
Lattimore's return. An ar
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2016 - Issac Nauta
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 11-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #61
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4
Default Re: So...there has been talk of secondary changes for ARK game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigspur33 View Post
why would legree sit? where is auguste?
did you see how Tennessee picked on Legree last week? Auguste is still hurt

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #62
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 200
scz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
did you see how Tennessee picked on Legree last week? Auguste is still hurt
Hes always hurt

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #63
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Are they planning on releasing a depth chart for this week?
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #64
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Are they planning on releasing a depth chart for this week?
Depth Chart for Arky

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #65
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Whatever. Just win!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #66
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Remember when we were saying the same thing about a guy named Stephon Gilmore?

He turned out okay, I'd say.

Trust the Visor and Trust Whammy!
Um no I don't. I never said that about Gilmore. Holloman has struggled in coverage his whole career, that's why he's at Spur now.
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #67
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

They picked on our whole secondary, not just Legree....

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #68
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Hope our offense is ready to score points.

If I see Holloman, Jeffrey, or Smith matched up on a slot receiver I'm going to lose it.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #69
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post

Is this depth chart accurate? It has Hampton and Legree at cb, Williams and Swearinger at S, and Holloman at Spur
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #70
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

I suspect they are just preparing for a back up plan with all these moves in case Legree has more issues covering this week. I personally feel UT just took advantage of USC's lack of playing a passing Team. Up until UT only UGa really presented a passing game but they could not block our DL. With that said I have no problem with Swearinger playing CB. As a Freshman he was really good as a CB and I think he can more than hold his own. I really have no problem with Holloman being moved back to Safety. Biggest concern I have is the Spur position. With that said we are looking to possibly play some traditional 3 LB sets which certainly could be beneficial in stopping Arkies running game. I also think - tho yet to be seen - Q Smith can cover a TE. If he can stick the TE then this formation could prove to be very valuable.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #71
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Hope our offense is ready to score points.

If I see Holloman, Jeffrey, or Smith matched up on a slot receiver I'm going to lose it.

I know man. WTF. They need to go smaller not bigger. Maybe I missed something. Does Arkansas run the wishbone or something?
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #72
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
They picked on our whole secondary, not just Legree....

I've been a big legree booster, but they were clearly targeting that side of the field all game last week, with great success. They also abused holloman. You're right that outside of hampton, the entire secondary was getting worked.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #73
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spurs

Anybody notice Nick Jones ahead of DL on the depth chart??? Hope I didn't misread it when I glanced over but if that is the case..... BOUT TIME.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #74
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

What I don't understand, particularly from the Tenn game, is why do we have Legree offering so much of a cushion when they aren't throwing the ball down field? Let's tighten it up and play bump and run to defend the short, underneath routes. If we get beat deep, fine, tip your cap to them and then get on the D-Line for not getting pressure on the QB. (allowing him time to let the deep route(s) develop). Pass D is a team effort where your overall success comes from everyone doing their job.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #75
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
I suspect they are just preparing for a back up plan with all these moves in case Legree has more issues covering this week. I personally feel UT just took advantage of USC's lack of playing a passing Team. Up until UT only UGa really presented a passing game but they could not block our DL. With that said I have no problem with Swearinger playing CB. As a Freshman he was really good as a CB and I think he can more than hold his own. I really have no problem with Holloman being moved back to Safety. Biggest concern I have is the Spur position. With that said we are looking to possibly play some traditional 3 LB sets which certainly could be beneficial in stopping Arkies running game. I also think - tho yet to be seen - Q Smith can cover a TE. If he can stick the TE then this formation could prove to be very valuable.
Shaq and Bowens can also cover the TE or FB. Can they cover a TB or a slot man? Not if the QB has time.

Shaq Attack
Old 11-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #76
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Its pretty clear from Ward's interviews from GCC that DJ will indeed play a lot of corner this weekend. They also rescently said that Akeem is a possibilty to play, but then Grady came in and said that its hard to heal a groin with cool weather and being a little out of shape from being sidelined. REGARDLESS of who plays in the secondary, we are going to have to play maybe better than we have played all year in the secondary.

Also, dont forget Quarles in healthy and our d line may also have a great game that could help us out with their passing game
Old 11-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #77
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
I know man. WTF. They need to go smaller not bigger. Maybe I missed something. Does Arkansas run the wishbone or something?
remember one of whammy's philosophies ... that his DBs are interchangable at all of the defensive backfield positions. This allows much more flexibiilty, and should make the coverages more difficult for the opposing QB to read. The defensive backs, when interviewed, have sometimes brought up the idea that they need to disguise coverages better. They also said they need to play more different coverages against good passing teams.

Swearinger to CB is a media event like the Clowney to MLB stuff that was going on at the beginning of the season. It gives hysterical sorts like Josh Kimbrell something to get all excised about.

Shaq Attack
Old 11-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #78
hawgndodge
Walk On

Male

hawgndodge has hatched from the shell

Relax guys. You could four intramural guys out there and cover us. We're terrible.
hawgndodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #79
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Hamilton is not terrible.

He's a beast.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #80
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Hamilton is not terrible.

He's a beast.

Yeah, Hamilton and Wilson are some of the best going at their respective positions
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote