CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
ReadR00ster
cocksmith1or11
Gamecockswag
Badazcock
NinjaSven
johnnyb
SECgamecock453
ESPN Game Day Commen (1461)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1321)
Simple "yes&quo (1310)
Phil Steele just pre (975)
The Comeback & T (764)
TeMarcus Blanton (591)
Garcia: Change the R (579)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Wallpaper & Back (239)
Instrumental Music ( (167)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Anybody just have that &q
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Name a Gamecock
Madrid vs Barca
Bama @ Tennessee

Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #41
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bowl Projections

LSU will go to the Sugar Bowl
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #42
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
I strongly disagree with the link that said Georgia with a loss (probably big loss) to Alabama in the SECCG would go to the Sugar Bowl. I've been thinking back, and I don't believe that the loser of the SECCG has ever gone to a BCS bowl unless they were undefeated going into the SECCG. (Alabama 2008, Florida 2009)

A Florida loss to FSU (which I think will happen with how bad the Gators have looked the last two weeks) would probably even cost them the Sugar Bowl with having such a late loss.

I like South Carolina's chances of getting the nod over those two if they finish 10-2. I do agree with you that LSU would probably get the nod over South Carolina with the same record. Here is to hoping Mississippi State can beat them this weekend, which could happen if LSU can't pick themselves up after their deflating loss to Alabama last week.
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #43
jesse james
4-Star

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

Quote:
Not if they lose to Mississippi State this weekend!

Geaux State!!!

jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #44
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Fan View Post
If South Carolina finishes out 10-2 and ends up in the Gator Bowl it would be unprecidented. A 10 win regular season SEC team has never been relagated to the Gator Bowl before. (That's where Florida ended up after their 6-6 season last year)

Not that it would be that bad. I'm still holding out hope for the Sugar Bowl if things fall into place. If not a return trip to the Capital One Bowl would be the next best choice. After that the Gator Bowl is as good as the Out Back or Chick-Fil-A to me.
The Gator has hosted a top 10 SEC team before. The LSU team we played in 1987 was 9-1-1 and I believe ranked 7th

The SEC and Gator have only been affiliated for a few seasons in recent years. It was a Big East-ACC Bowl for many years. I don't think we restarted our relationship with it until 2010 when MSU whipped up on Michigan.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #45
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Also in 92 & 93 the SEC runner-up went to The Gator
Old 11-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #46
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Just to give you guys a good laugh, some of my Clemson friends on Facebook are having a circle jerk around Clemson's bowl chances.

They're all currently speculating as to which BCS bowl wants them. Some have opined the Rose bowl while another insists (and I mean INSISTS) that the Sugar bowl has already told Clemson that they were there number one choice.

smh
Old 11-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #47
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Quote:
I don't think so. A SEC east team will go to the Sugar Bowl. The only question is which one.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #48
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
Not if they lose to Mississippi State this weekend!

Geaux State!!!

Not likely...but perhaps they are down after losing a tough game last weekend to Bama in the last minute.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 AM   #49
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
I don't think so. A SEC east team will go to the Sugar Bowl. The only question is which one.
Highest ranked team other than Bama goes to Sugar. Unless something really odd happens, it will be LSU.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #50
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Highest ranked team other than Bama goes to Sugar. Unless something really odd happens, it will be LSU.
That's not true.

Sugar Bowl can Pick whoever they want as long as they're eligible.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #51
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Just to give you guys a good laugh, some of my Clemson friends on Facebook are having a circle jerk around Clemson's bowl chances.

They're all currently speculating as to which BCS bowl wants them. Some have opined the Rose bowl while another insists (and I mean INSISTS) that the Sugar bowl has already told Clemson that they were there number one choice.

smh

Well, if Clemson does beat us then the Sugar would love to have them. Like them or hate them, but the fact is that Clemson has a great reputation for traveling. They are also a Southern school which the Sugar does love.

The Sugar would love to have a Georgia-Clemson or Clemson-Florida matchup.

Clemson would travel better than any ACC, Big East or PAC 12 school. They'd also travel more than most Big XII schools outside of OU & Texas.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #52
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Not if New Orleans wants tourists. NO had LSU last year. The Sugar will likely want UGA, UF, or USC this year as we all will eat at their restaurants and stay in their hotels
Old 11-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #53
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

A lot of what if's right now. What if A & M beats Bama this weekend and jawja wins out and takes down Bama in the SECCG. That could happen. Too many games left to say this or that will happen. We win our remaining games and we will be in the equation. I think we go back to the Cap 1, although I'd rather see us in the Chic-fil-A. Unless we make it to the Big Easy, of course.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #54
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Fan View Post
I strongly disagree with the link that said Georgia with a loss (probably big loss) to Alabama in the SECCG would go to the Sugar Bowl. I've been thinking back, and I don't believe that the loser of the SECCG has ever gone to a BCS bowl unless they were undefeated going into the SECCG. (Alabama 2008, Florida 2009)

A Florida loss to FSU (which I think will happen with how bad the Gators have looked the last two weeks) would probably even cost them the Sugar Bowl with having such a late loss.

I like South Carolina's chances of getting the nod over those two if they finish 10-2. I do agree with you that LSU would probably get the nod over South Carolina with the same record. Here is to hoping Mississippi State can beat them this weekend, which could happen if LSU can't pick themselves up after their deflating loss to Alabama last week.
Exactly, UGA is not an option for an at large. You gotta' remember if we're an option, we're coming off beating a top 10 Clemron team in their house. LSU would have lost more recently than us and they only get r-kansas to finish. I think we would jump them. UF will beat us out for an at large birth if they beat FSU though, because they too will have finished strong. We'll see how it plays out, just need to win first and then we'll be in great position.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #55
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
Not if New Orleans wants tourists. NO had LSU last year. The Sugar will likely want UGA, UF, or USC this year as we all will eat at their restaurants and stay in their hotels
And sleep with their women!
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #56
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
No way in Hell Taters get an at large bid.
If we win out, I bet we do. Most teams will have 2 or more losses.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #57
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

If Clemson finishes 11-1 I could see them getting the Sugar, I could also see them finishing 9-3 and going to the Chic-Fil-a.

Georgia 11-2 vs Clemson 11-1 would be a very easy Sugar Bowl to sell.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #58
Joe Gamecock
Walk On

Male

Joe Gamecock has hatched from the shell

The Gator Bowl President (Rick Catlet) was on our Local Sports talk radio station 1010xl last night. When asked what SEC teams they were interested in he responded by saying that they have are looking at 4 to 5 Sec teams but have a high interest in South Carolina and Mississippi State. Although this would be good for me as i would nnot have to travel to atend the game, I sure hope that we get a better bowl like Sugar,or Cap 1.
Joe Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #59
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Gamecock View Post
The Gator Bowl President (Rick Catlet) was on our Local Sports talk radio station 1010xl last night. When asked what SEC teams they were interested in he responded by saying that they have are looking at 4 to 5 Sec teams but have a high interest in South Carolina and Mississippi State. Although this would be good for me as i would nnot have to travel to atend the game, I sure hope that we get a better bowl like Sugar,or Cap 1.
I'm all for gettiing the Sugar Bowl, but this year there really isn't much of a difference in the Gator & Cap One b/c the Big 10 is so bad.

The Gator is a closer drive, starts at basically the sametime as the Cap One, and is in a NFL Stadium. The only difference might be that we play Wisconsin instead of Michigan.

I know the Cap One comes with a little more prestige, but in the end all anyone remember is if you won your bowl and where you finished ranked. If USC is 11-2 then we will likely be near #5 in the BCS.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #60
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

The last BCS is the week before the bowls.
The final polls after that are AP and Coaches and from seeing where they have us now, I don't think we'll finish in the top 5.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote