CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
smoovecock
Regalcock
JerseyBird
b381l
markymark550
johnnyb
CoverTwo
Constant Updates on (3288)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Garcia vs Clemson To (1239)
How cool would it be (1132)
Carolina/Clemson gam (947)
Palmetto Bowl (851)
Chattanooga upends N (754)
NEW Pics from South (442)
Where to watch in Ar (310)
Greenville for the C (221)
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Bowl projections
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Where to watch in Arlingt
Constant Updates on Watso
Ced Cooper (#18) status?
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Carolina/Clemson game dre
How cool would it be to..

Old 11-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
discobreakin
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
discobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudly
Default LSU Game, Clock Near End

Just was watching this again, found the game on YouTube, and I didn't understand why this happened. Connor Shaw runs out of bounds, with under 5 minutes, and they stop the clock for 2-3 seconds, and then continue running it. Why did that happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...iAg3RM#t=8171s

If it doesn't correctly start at the time, it's at 2:16:00 starting with the play where he runs out of bounds, and they start running the clock again soon after. Also, I haven't seen this posted - so, I'm sorry if someone already did post this. (Tried embedding it, doesn't seemed like it was working - the link goes to the time).
Old 11-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material
Default Re: LSU Game, Clock Near End

New clock rules. I believe the clock only stops under 2 mins. If you go out of bounds above 2 mins it will start running when the ball is spotted.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #3
discobreakin
Recruit

Male

discobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudlydiscobreakin is crowing loudly

I thought it was under 5 minutes, but I'll check.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
discobreakin
Recruit

Male

No, you were right - it is 2 minutes now. Well, now I learned something today!

http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/FR13.pdf
Old 11-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #5
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Stupid rule, IMO.

That's what the damn sidelines are for.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #6
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Stupid rule.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #7
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

These are the stupid "speed up" the game rules. I never heard anyone complain that a football game took too long.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:34 AM   #8
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

amen Dawg !!!
Take-a-Knee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:05 AM   #9
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Yes they start the clock running once he ball is put in play.....not sure if it stays stopped at 2 or 5 minute mark.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
OfficeLinebackerCock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
These are the stupid "speed up" the game rules. I never heard anyone complain that a football game took too long.

It's just one of the "rules" that were implemented because we all worship the almighty dollar and Television is where those dollors come from. Networks wanted the games to be shorter for "time management" and just like everything else, we sell our souls for the money.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
GreenwoodGamecock
Vault Dweller

Male

GreenwoodGamecock is making other chickens nervousGreenwoodGamecock is making other chickens nervousGreenwoodGamecock is making other chickens nervousGreenwoodGamecock is making other chickens nervousGreenwoodGamecock is making other chickens nervousGreenwoodGamecock is making other chickens nervousGreenwoodGamecock is making other chickens nervousGreenwoodGamecock is making other chickens nervous

If they want to speed up the game, don't televise it on cbs.
GreenwoodGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #12
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenwoodGamecock View Post
If they want to speed up the game, don't televise it on cbs.
Yes, just shoot that SOB in the red hat.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Football had to change rules to 'speed up the game' because TV slows it down so much by showing a commercial every f'n chance they can. Score a TD? kick the PAT - commercial - kick off - commercial - 3 and out, punt - commercial.

The commercial durations are longer than the time they spend showing the game. F. Pay-per-view for Wofford will be a welcome sight.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #14
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
If they want to speed up the game put in less TV timeouts. Don't tweek the rules every friggin' season.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #15
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

unfortunately they take "TV" timeouts in the PPV as well
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #16
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1015010
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
Yes, just shoot that SOB in the red hat.
I thought that was what the sniper dudes atop the jumbotron were for. They're not earning their keep.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #17
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
unfortunately they take "TV" timeouts in the PPV as well

Yep, I was sick and tired of watching the Dr. Pepper commercial with Pit Bull because of this.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #18
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Double edged sword.

We love the TV packages that ESPN and others pay out, but we hate the results. I hate the red-hat man too, but he's making all the schools rich.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #19
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

YouTube hates us.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #20
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

I know it would never happen but it would speed it up if they used DVR type pausing at the network level to get the commercials in and catch up to real time at halftime and other normal breaks. It would probably drive me nuts though knowing I was behind or listening to the radio live.
lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote