CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Travelin
PageUSC
thumpin big
GamecockMomSC
SMOTFS86
We Have to Pass (2563)
Rivalry Thoughts and (2232)
Spurrier weekly pres (1626)
This would be awesom (1091)
How is Shaq Davidson (1075)
Perspective on our g (753)
Currently 2nd in att (695)
SEC referees? (623)
Defense and offense (438)
Black Friday Hard Co (348)
How is Shaq Davidson's re
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Alshon - Bose
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Perspective on our game f
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Why has there been 40 yea
weekend conference Predic
Name a Gamecock
Currently 2nd in attendan

Old 11-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #41
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material
Default Re: Free Food At Basketball For Students

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
Then what about this topic is causing you to post in this thread?

You won't be going to support the Gamecocks because you will be watching the Panthers on TV...because you're a 'loyal fan'...got it...thanks for sharing.
I said if I was still in school then it would be different, you know with a free ticket and more people to go with... for this place and time though I would rather watch NFL. Thanks for caring.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #42
dffoxfanatic71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1450
dffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinafan111 View Post
come on man....

anyways, the whole band says "spurs" when the player receives the ball for the free throw, but there are two trombone players that say "spurvey says" as a Price is Right joke.

as far as other cheers, (when I am at the games) at 4 fouls I hold up four and everyone yells "fooooooooour" and then when I cock my hand back and then forward again everyone yells 1 more.

at 5 fouls, i hold up 5 fingers and yell "fiiiiiiive" cock my hand back, and then count "1, 2, 3, 4, 5... bye bye. Don't go away mad, just go away!"

when the other team travels, we sing the melody from Take the A Train by Duke Ellington and after we say "walk, you walked, cheater." and then someone may yell out Next time take the a-train

all of the other cheers I start it is just on a whim. my personal favorite that i came up with is just random yelling in short, loud bursts.
i only meant it as we need to work together, to be loud together and be more imposing. i do know that most students dislike those band cheers however
Old 11-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #43
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by dffoxfanatic71 View Post
i only meant it as we need to work together, to be loud together and be more imposing. i do know that most students dislike those band cheers however
They do sound lame.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #44
carolinafan111

Male

CockyCash: 912910367
carolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot material

the only people I hear cheering at all are the band and the CockhornLeghorn... so it is better than nothing.

and most of the cheers i just coordinate with the cheerleaders.

33 games attended in a row (26-7 in that stretch)
carolinafan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #45
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

I heckle at the women's games, right behind the visitor's bench, but usually only SEC games. Heckling Elon when we're up by 45 isn't much fun
Old 11-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #46
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I heckle at the women's games, right behind the visitor's bench, but usually only SEC games. Heckling Elon when we're up by 45 isn't much fun
Women's heckling is great. It is usually so empty in the arena that your voice really carries.

One time we played some no-name women's team who wore blue who has this very little person playing for them. Anytime she had the ball, we all sang the Smurfs theme. That was probably the best positive feedback we got from the regular fans to our heckling.

At a men's game against another no-name team (I think Radford), one of Radford's players came on the floor with his jersey on backwards. He had no idea about it either. You can imagine the hell we gave that guy. The refs had to stop play so he could fix himself.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #47
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Spoiler alert, Panthers lose.
And have a Scam artist at qb! BUST! Why couldn't Andrew have just left early!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 11-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #48
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Women's heckling is great. It is usually so empty in the arena that your voice really carries.

One time we played some no-name women's team who wore blue who has this very little person playing for them. Anytime she had the ball, we all sang the Smurfs theme. That was probably the best positive feedback we got from the regular fans to our heckling.

At a men's game against another no-name team (I think Radford), one of Radford's players came on the floor with his jersey on backwards. He had no idea about it either. You can imagine the hell we gave that guy. The refs had to stop play so he could fix himself.
I have had cops, referees, managers, opposing players, opposing coaches, disgruntled visiting fans all stare at me for the crap I yell. And I sit right behind their bench usually so I know they hear me all the time
Old 11-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #49
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I have had cops, referees, managers, opposing players, opposing coaches, disgruntled visiting fans all stare at me for the crap I yell. And I sit right behind their bench usually so I know they hear me all the time
The only time I was too intimidated to heckle at a women's game was when we played against the Tennessee Lady Vols one year.

I had to walk across the floor to carry some band equipment. I ended up walking right next to.....Candace Parker.

I've never been so intimidated by a women's basketball player. I was tame that entire game.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #50
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Heckling a women's basketball game seems like one step up from being a shirtless middle-aged man heckling a little league game.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #51
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Heckling a women's basketball game seems like one step up from being a shirtless middle-aged man heckling a little league game.
I was thinking exactly the same thing...
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #52
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
come on man....

anyways, the whole band says "spurs" when the player receives the ball for the free throw, but there are two trombone players that say "spurvey says" as a Price is Right joke.

as far as other cheers, (when I am at the games) at 4 fouls I hold up four and everyone yells "fooooooooour" and then when I cock my hand back and then forward again everyone yells 1 more.

at 5 fouls, i hold up 5 fingers and yell "fiiiiiiive" cock my hand back, and then count "1, 2, 3, 4, 5... bye bye. Don't go away mad, just go away!"

when the other team travels, we sing the melody from Take the A Train by Duke Ellington and after we say "walk, you walked, cheater." and then someone may yell out Next time take the a-train

all of the other cheers I start it is just on a whim. my personal favorite that i came up with is just random yelling in short, loud bursts.
I made out the "4 one more" from across the way tonight. It also made me smile to see "one more brick" really taking root after the opponent misses the front end of 2 foul shots. It warms the "cock"les of my heart, lol. Go Cocks!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #53
carolinafan111

Male

CockyCash: 912910367
carolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I made out the "4 one more" from across the way tonight. It also made me smile to see "one more brick" really taking root after the opponent misses the front end of 2 foul shots. It warms the "cock"les of my heart, lol. Go Cocks!
i was struggling with the 4 cheer.. i didn't realize that one girl had 4 fouls in the first half

and, not gonna lie I am the only one that knows about the 1 more brick cheer so I do my best

33 games attended in a row (26-7 in that stretch)
carolinafan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #54
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
the only people I hear cheering at all are the band and the CockhornLeghorn... so it is better than nothing.

and most of the cheers i just coordinate with the cheerleaders.
I raise so much hell at basketball games because I feel I need to make up for the lazy old fogies and the people who don't show up when we aren't winning. I also don't give a damn what anyone thinks. Just wait til NYC, lol.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #55
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
I kept telling their coach to get back in her box and that the press was wearing out her team.