CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
ccured
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
NJGCfan
robgusc76
sporkgod50
Spurrier_Superior_On
JAYBEZ
rdwylie
Mangus now coaching (1430)
Can Tennessee get to (1032)
2 Crazy things (626)
Chick Redefines the (598)
Spread vs. aTm (551)
ESPN Article on HBC (550)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (525)
Lindy's top 100 for (490)
The Bama series (398)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (317)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2015 - Kaleb Kim
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bama starting pitcher sus
The Bama series
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Spread vs. aTm
Clowney's NFL Draft Promo
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Lindy's top 100 for 2010

Old 11-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Military Appreciation Day

Am I the only one that isn't a fan of the halftime show for M.A.D.?
Old 11-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Military Appreciation Day

Why are you not a fan?
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
usc51
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPit

Most likely. Easily the best halftime show each season.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervous

How could you not be a fan?

North Carolina Army National Guard
Carolina4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
carolinafan111

Male

CockyCash: 912910367
carolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc51 View Post
Most likely. Easily the best halftime show each season.
i have performed it twice already, and each time I feel so proud to be honoring those that give us an unparalleled freedom.

33 games attended in a row (26-7 in that stretch)
carolinafan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
RiverCock84
Recruit

Male

RiverCock84 has earned his spursRiverCock84 has earned his spursRiverCock84 has earned his spursRiverCock84 has earned his spursRiverCock84 has earned his spursRiverCock84 has earned his spurs

I hope you are the only one that is not a fan. It is a good show and shows appreciation to those that have given great sacrifices for our freedom.
RiverCock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
Why are you not a fan?

I guess I'm not a fan b/c I've seen it so many times. Maybe it just reminds me the "old" band. Maybe "old" Carolina too.

I just don't think it's that good of a show.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

It's a wonderful show. I remember my dad being moved every year by this show. He loved it!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

The "show" doesn't have to be spectacular. The music speaks for itself.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

The flyover makes it worthwhile!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #11
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Yea I feel like that's like someone saying, "Aren't you tired of the American Flag? I think it needs to be updated for the times".......The point I am trying to make is the Halftime show has meaning so even if it does seem old or outdated its the meaning that matters and the respect that it shows for our veterans that are in attendance, watching or are no longer with us because they have paid the ultimate sacrifice!

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I love that show.

I'm so proud I get to stand in honor of my brother and father.

I hope they never change it.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #13
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervous

I loved it last year. I had been having thoughts of joining the military and after seeing that last year I joined. Wish I could make it this year

North Carolina Army National Guard
Carolina4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #14
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

1. Before posting think about it
2. Military, let em see big in SC, family and friends from WWII-Korea-Vietnam-Gulf 1-Iraq-Afganastain still alive or honored for their service & sacrafice (loss of life or injuries)
3. Celebrate Flag & Country with music for what, maybe 10 minutes of your life this year.
4 Post offensive thoughts about those who serve, so you could post on Cockytalk
5. Unable to finish because of thoughts of Father and friends they paid the price but one last thought. Please get up and leave WB while real men and women are honored.
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I love it. I have seen it a couple of times.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #16
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 702
Todd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talons

Not sure what the OP is saying about the show. I am proud that USC celebrates the Military as much as we do including honoring a family each week now is great and overdue.

I will say that it seems to be the show itself has been VERY similar or the same going on about 10 years (I am thinking back to my student years of 01-04). The last couple of times seeing it I have thought it would be great to make a couple of small changes each year just to keep it new. Maybe have groups of soldiers from Shaw, McEntire(Sp?), and Ft. Jackson on the field or recognize a group just returning from oversees if possible. We could also have donation bins around the stadium for fans to donate to Wounded Warrior.

- To summarize - Love the show, but open to some changes. I really HOPE that was the point of the post starting this thread.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #17
Carolina_Harv

Male

Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Yea I don't like our National Anthem either I think it needs some Dubstep or something.......I get what the OP is saying but it came off completely wrong.....Very touchy subject and the OP did not do a good job of addressing it.

**SIG created by cack
Old 11-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #18
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_Harv View Post
Yea I don't like our National Anthem either I think it needs some Dubstep or something.......I get what the OP is saying but it came off completely wrong.....Very touchy subject and the OP did not do a good job of addressing it.
Comparing a change to the halftime show of a football game to changing the Star Spangled Banner or the American flag is asinine.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #19
Carolina_Harv

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Comparing a change to the halftime show of a football game to changing the Star Spangled Banner or the American flag is asinine.
I was making a point......You were not specific in your original post, next time might I suggest you proof read before you write! Its like thinking before you speak, give it a whirl it does wonders......I was half way defending your ass even though you were not clear in what you said but whatever.

**SIG created by cack
Old 11-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
05USCGrad
i'm probably lying

Male

CockyCash: 100950
05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material

I'm not a troop worshiper but I enjoy the flyover

05USCGrad is offline   Reply With Quote