CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockMomSC
Travelin
2000grad
markymark550
Regalcock
We Have to Pass (2289)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1746)
Spurrier weekly pres (1511)
This would be awesom (1008)
How is Shaq Davidson (879)
Perspective on our g (586)
SEC referees? (453)
Currently 2nd in att (442)
Defense and offense (396)
Black Friday Hard Co (292)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
**USC Women vs. Clemson G
Currently 2nd in attendan
Ced Cooper (#18) status?
Why has there been 40 yea
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
How is Shaq Davidson's re
Interesting stat
We Have to Pass

Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #21
beak2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb
Default Re: Empty Seats tomorrow

Not good for getting recruits and building the program to elite status, but a lot of fans have been priced out of going. We are a small state and not many rich folk here.
beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #22
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Also, isn't Wofford Military Appreciation Day? A lot of the unused tickets were probably given to Fort Jackson, MCAS Beaufort, Joint Base Charleston, McEntire, etc, which suits me just fine to give unused tickets to our fine men and women in uniform. Without their sacrifices, we wouldn't be able to enjoy the freedom of watching our Gamecocks play.
I hope that is the case.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #23
uscsec
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 92926
uscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
I hope that is the case.
Tickets for Arky game are free for Military!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #24
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

We who are going just need to stand up and yell ,smack the bench ,scream when we on D just like the dawg game. Players will not notice if we make it loud enough...Section 4 holding it down.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post
Not good for getting recruits and building the program to elite status, but a lot of fans have been priced out of going. We are a small state and not many rich folk here.
There's plenty of "rich folk" here lol
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #26
Pappop
Starter

Male

Pappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talons

Been to all home games and will be at the last two. But my son has told me he will not be able to afford his 2 (next season) he has gotten from me the last few years. His wife lost her job and he is supporting a family of five. I can't blame him, his kids have to come first. He will try to buy tickets for one or two games and I have plenty of family to buy the others. But every game was just going to be to much on him financially.

With today's economy some people have to make sacrifices and going to all the home games will be what some will have to give up. Especially those that don't have good old dad paying the club dues, parking spaces, etc.
Pappop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #27
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post

YOu don't have to be rich to attend a USC football game. You just need to budget more of your entertainment expense towards football
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #28
Steady
Great to be a gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Steady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spurs

So released to the general public? might be a stupid question but I planned on going to the game tomorrow and just simply getting a ticket from a scalper close to the stadium but if theres cheaper tickets elsewhere?

I think most fans would love to show their support, but when most now have a big HD tv in their house with maybe surround sound and maybe DVR, it becomes alot easier to just save the money you would spend on a couple tickets and the drive to the stadium to just make lunch, kick back and watch the game from home.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #29
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

There's a fairly large tv at the stadium where you can get the same experience without the commentators
Old 11-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #30
Cruzer
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Cruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talons

It happens everywhere. Nothing anyone can do about it.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #31
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Well, I'll be there, yelling loud enough to annoy the people around me, as usual.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #32
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
YOu don't have to be rich to attend a USC football game. You just need to budget more of your entertainment expense towards football
Not everyone has 60 bucks a week entertainment budget.
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #33
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by klempsux View Post
That may be

However, you don't have to go to every game....
Old 11-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #34
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
That may be

However, you don't have to go to every game....
Touche'
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #35
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

We only get so many home games. I like to spend this limited time enjoying gamecock football, not worrying about ticket sales.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #36
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 26222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

What a crock! Get to the game, people! As I sit there on my couch tomorrow, I will be beyond embarrassed if I see gaps of empty seats. Facepalm...
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #37
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by klempsux View Post
And that's just one ticket. It cost me darn near $200 just for the UGa game alone for me and Little Man. That's a big chunck out of my discretionary spending that is budgeted for multiple months.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #38
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

There wouldn't be empty seats if we could have won one more game.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #39
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
What a crock! Get to the game, people! As I sit there on my couch tomorrow, I will be beyond embarrassed if I see gaps of empty seats. Facepalm...
Please tell me this is sarcasm.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #40
Usc83Usc
Walk On

Male

Usc83Usc has hatched from the shell

I've got 4 tickets available. I'm attending unless I find someone who needs them.

Section 12, Row 32, Seat 1 and 2 - Great view of the beast video board
Section 13, Row 32, Seat 31 and 32 - 6 feet away from first two.

Send PM if interested. Thanks -Goooooo Carolina!!!!
Usc83Usc is offline   Reply With Quote