CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
4gamecockfb
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
RGHoskins
Acockolypse Now
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (2645)
how has more ESPN an (1414)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1004)
Gamecock Legacy recr (739)
Clemson's At It Agai (497)
Women's bb - Deshiel (476)
22 ways to annoy peo (369)
$15 home AC (348)
Hope Springs Eternal (270)
Why sports will alwa (234)
Playstation 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
how has more ESPN anounce
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Joeckel Transfering from
Victor Hampton Arrested
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Hope Springs Eternal
Connor Mitch

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #901
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Mitch Thread (2013 Commitment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
I hope you're right I hope he really is that good but I've been around twice as long as you have in this world and I can tell you the chances of this happening are very remote. Most young people always ask what does age have to do with it and all I can say is when you're my age you will understand how much experince means. Yes, I've watched his tape and he has a great arm however, it's not the same system as he will be in here and as a QB it takes alot longer then say a rb or wr to get into the flow of a D1 college game. It is kinda funny how many times we on here say that our recent qb recruit is gonna take over when he gets here and well...I'm waiting.
I'm one of the guys who didn't believe in tanner at qb and I think noso played terrible competition. Connor really is good enough to come in and challenge. Being an EE will be huge
Old 11-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #902
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
I'm one of the guys who didn't believe in tanner at qb and I think noso played terrible competition. Connor really is good enough to come in and challenge. Being an EE will be huge
I'll hold you to your word and hope you're right. But EVERY recruiting analyst in the country, who have seen him camp, throw and play, are completely against you right now. He's not in the Rivals250 and barely in 247's Top 247 players...

He will be solid...but not for a couple of years, including a redshirt year.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #903
walk.daddy
sings for money

Male

CockyCash: 533
walk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
He looks great to me and he is coming in January. I wish we had Alshon.
Who needs A1 when we have DL Moore???
Old 11-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #904
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
I'll hold you to your word and hope you're right. But EVERY recruiting analyst in the country, who have seen him camp, throw and play, are completely against you right now. He's not in the Rivals250 and barely in 247's Top 247 players...

He will be solid...but not for a couple of years, including a redshirt year.
Oh yes.. the recruiting services are correct most of the time
Old 11-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #905
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

While I believe we are limited with how good we can be with Shaw at QB (We won't win an SEC title), Mitch is not going to win the job as a true frosh and probably not the backup job either.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #906
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i think it humorous that we are probably going to be 10-2 for the second straight year and all the talk is about replacing the guy who took us there.

actually its plain sad. what a buncha bozos.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #907
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

I believe Mitch will be a great QB for us, but I think he will redshirt next season. It will benefit him more to take a year, learn the offense, study, hit the weight room, and be ready to compete in 2014. It's highly unlikely that a true freshman comes in and gets the starting job over a a QB that has two full years of experience under his belt. Not saying it can't happen, but it's just unlikely. This is my opinion for next years QB position:

Shaw
Thompson
Nosovitch
Clifford

*If injuries, transfers, suspensions occur, then we would have to burn Mitch's redshirt, but overall, a redshirt for him would be for the best.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #908
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

there is no way Clifford is brought back for a 5th year. He got his free 4 years and will not be back next year.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #909
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
i think it humorous that we are probably going to be 10-2 for the second straight year and all the talk is about replacing the guy who took us there.

actually its plain sad. what a buncha bozos.
Seems extreme in the opposite direction. I mean I agree with you about not writing off Shaw, the guy who has won a lot more than lost, but one can always keep an open mind.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #910
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

I don't know, I don't make that decision, but with Austin being a walk-on, and with Strickland leaving, plus Mitch with the possibility of redshirting, we could use the extra depth.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #911
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

IMO this is all pointless debate.....I'm just happy that the QB depth at long last looks to be very solid and only improving....we'll have Shaw, Thompson, and Nosovitch as the obvious 3-deep, with Mitch coming in and possibly staking his claim. If he redshirts, we'll still have a quality 3-deep with a great player to look forward to in 2014. Why argue about it? To me it's just the typical stupid thought process our fanbase always seems to have with trashing/diminishing our starters in favor for youngsters who have yet to establish themselves, and we're usually wrong far more than we are right.

Just sit back and enjoy it, I say....
Old 11-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #912
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I remember when Tommy Beecher was gonna lead us to the promise land before he ever actually played in a game... ahhh memories of unrealistic dreams.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #913
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
I remember when Tommy Beecher was gonna lead us to the promise land before he ever actually played in a game... ahhh memories of unrealistic dreams.
I don't think anyone but jaydogg said that. And if they did I certainly didn't hear them. Because I never thought he would even be remotely good.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #914
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
I think you're revising history just a tad bit to suit your argument.....no one ever said Beecher was going to lead us to the promise land. Beecher out-performed Smelley one fall camp and earned the starting nod from Spurrier against NC State in the season opener to start that season, and that's about all there was to it.

A lot of posters on here tried to get behind him and show some support for the kid since it was already decided he was going to be our starting QB and there was nothing else we could do about it, and anyone who finds pitiful, petty enjoyment of calling out people or rubbing their noses in it after the fact only shows what type of fan they are than anything else....
Old 11-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #915
GamecockJames
4-Star

Male

GamecockJames has feathers coming inGamecockJames has feathers coming in

Whether or not mitch sees the field or challenges the backup's will depend largely on how quickly he picks up the offense and ability to read college defenses etc. As an EE he will have the opportunity to gain some ground. Of course it depends on his work ethic and willingness to learn the system. As an incoming freshman mitch has a very very slim chance of seeing any significant playing time but I don't think connor shaw is so good that he couldn't be unseated as the starter. Anybody who saw his benching in the UF game should realize this.
I'm not going to stand up here and run my mouth like that coach from the upstate does" and "I invite you to get your picutre with two trophies up here, one is the Cap. 1 Bowl trophy and the other is the state championship trophy, that trophy is not really a big deal because we win it every year now
Old 11-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #916
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Ouch. Wakefield getting smoked 62-28 early in the fourth quarter against Garner in playoffs. Not sure of Mitch's stats

Old 11-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #917
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Ouch. Wakefield getting smoked 62-28 early in the fourth quarter against Garner in playoffs. Not sure of Mitch's stats
I didn't see his stats, just a couple of tweets during the game. I know he had at least 4 passing TDs, but he also threw 2 pick 6s. Not sure about any other INTs.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #918
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Mitch finished the game 38 of 62 for 643 yards, 5 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Wakefield lost 76-34.

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
Old 11-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #919
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Damn ! Who plays on defense ? Must have been some middle schoolers
Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #920
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Damn ! Who plays on defense ? Must have been some middle schoolers
No just a bunch of clemmmons commits