CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (26967)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2042)
Simple "yes&quo (1437)
Phil Steele just pre (1171)
Eat Crow (738)
Garcia: Change the R (724)
TeMarcus Blanton (688)
We actually didnt lo (628)
Extremely Proud (554)
what I think ab ward (486)
Eat Crow
We would be 7-1 with just
Extremely Proud
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Cannot win the east...
what I think ab ward
We actually didnt lose
I want people to explain
Defense question
We Need To Go For It On 4

Old 11-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #41
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gene Chizik out at Auburn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
Remember when he was hired and some fan was at the airport and keept calling him a loser. I guess he knew what he was yelling about

Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #42
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I dont have any idea how all of these coaching changes are going to pan out...But you can bet that Petrino is gonna get much richer in the next couple of months and if Chad is offered a HC job in the SEC he will leave pronto from klempzun.....Oh and if AllBarn hires the OC from UL they will get beaten back to the stone age for years...
Old 11-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #43
garnetchicken
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
He has already stated more than once he only wants his daughter to go to one high school and has promised her that. He is the highest paid assistant in the country right now and if he goes to AU or any SEC program that is going to be looking for a coach he will have nowhere near the talent that is going to be at Clemson next year. He also just started building a house on the lake. Doesnt sound like a man thats getting ready to leave. Morris will be at Clemson for atleast 2 more years imo.
Let's say Gary Patterson gets the Arkansas job, and Morris is offered the TCU job.Would doubling your salary and becoming a HC less than two hours from your hometown be too much to pass up?
garnetchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #44
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

The firing of Chizik doesn't surprise me. What surprised me was the hiring of Chizik in the first place. He has proven to be an average coach. The asterisk on his resume is the National Championship and we all know the only reason for that was Cam Newton. Without Newton on that team they would never have been there.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #45
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
It wasn't just Cam, it was Gus too.

Once he lost Gus, he was done.
Exactly. They were 8-5 with Gus and Mosely i think at qb the year before Cam. I would also contend that if Cam were not in Gus' offense they would not have won the nat'l title. That offense was a perfect fit for Cam.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #46
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I think it all went wrong when he hired an OC who wanted to run a pro-style offense when he had a QB that could not throw a pass down field with any accuracy, and the rest of the team was recruited to run the spread...

Their defense was actually not that bad... but since Brian Vangoerder gave us the shaft a few years back, Im not gonna lose sleep over that fool being out of a job.. :)
U-Dub Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #47
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I wouldn't be surprised to see them hire Petrino.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #48
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see them hire Petrino.
Yep... It's really a good fit... Talk is Gary Patterson is Arkansas' first choice
Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #49
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
He has already stated more than once he only wants his daughter to go to one high school and has promised her that. He is the highest paid assistant in the country right now and if he goes to AU or any SEC program that is going to be looking for a coach he will have nowhere near the talent that is going to be at Clemson next year. He also just started building a house on the lake. Doesnt sound like a man thats getting ready to leave. Morris will be at Clemson for atleast 2 more years imo.
If Knoxville calls, and offers him 2.5-3 million to be the next HC... His ass will make 2 phone calls... First one to his contractor to stop the construction, the 2nd call to his daughter that they are heading 3 hours NW..
Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #50
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 457821129
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

This season, AU is one of the most talented/athletic teams in the Country, that suck total shiat! LOL

Makes me happy to watch the demise of AU and Jizik!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #51
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

I would just like to point out that he's 3-0 against SC. Just sayin'.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #52
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
He was a good DC under tommy tuberville right? Amazing how tommy tuberville seems to always have good defenses....hmm maybe its got more to do with him than the DCs. Same thing for Saban's guys. No way I hire a saban DC has a HC directly. Little baby bird is going to have to leave the nest and show he can fly first before I send a few million per year his way.
Undefeated in 2004. He then went undefeated in 2005 with Texas and won a NC with them.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote