CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
StormOfTalons
Cockypantherfan
rolinb1
The Yancey
ACPhilson
Lonnie
TJ Holloman (1650)
Spurrier accepts coc (1211)
They are coming to y (885)
How are we feeling a (673)
2013 game vs TN is o (607)
We lost a great Game (590)
Hard Knocks this wee (438)
Favorite Gamecock of (416)
"Penis Collecto (345)
This helmit is aweso (336)
This helmit is awesome
Clemson RB Out for Year
Hard Knocks this week.
Browns announce Hoyer as
Clowney leaves practice
World of Warcraft
Scrimmage tonight?
Vote for Browns starting
2013 game vs TN is on SEC
Gameday Garnet Polo

Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #21
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Changing of the names has begun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
That's what I'm wondering because Latti does, in fact, own both records - career touchdowns and career rushing touchdowns.
Yea I'm sure Harold Green was awesome in his time, but names won't be up there forever. Especially when your record gets broken. Green was co-leader with Rogers for career rushing TDs at 31. Marcus has 38 rushing and 41 total. Rogers is probably the only name that will be there forever. Heisman and rushing yards. I might be wrong, but wasn't Garcia closing in on Ellis' record before he got the boot? Anyways, it'll take a 4 year starter at QB to knock Ellis' name down unless we become a pass heavy team.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #22
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

I don't think the sign in the picture posted was finished yet because it looks like it says that Marcus Lattimore is the career co-leader in rushing touchdowns with 31 rushing touchdowns...He has 38 rushing touchdowns.

The part of the sign that says co-leader 31 rushing touchdowns refers to Harold Green and George Rogers...
Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #23
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

http://www.totalfootballstats.com/So...aGamecocks.asp

Pretty cool site, may be painful for some.

Todd Ellis was an INT machine, lol 73 in 4 years.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #24
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

The sign wasn't finished. That picture is clearly an "in progress" shot.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #25
nellanaesp
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
nellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
http://www.totalfootballstats.com/So...aGamecocks.asp

Pretty cool site, may be painful for some.

Todd Ellis was an INT machine, lol 73 in 4 years.
Isn't the total winning percentage wrong? I thought we went above the .500 mark a few years ago.
nellanaesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:50 AM   #26
UndercoverCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000000
UndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot material

My biggest fear is that his names up there cause he won't be down there again...

Have they put the name up of current players up before? I really can't recall because I should be asleep...
Old 11-10-2012, 03:59 AM   #27
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Why would they put up a sign they are just going to have to change in two years?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #28
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverCock View Post
My biggest fear is that his names up there cause he won't be down there again...

Have they put the name up of current players up before? I really can't recall because I should be asleep...

yea they put Alshon up (i think) after his monster Soph. season.

they got Spurriers name up for wins in a season, so you would hope they want to change that soon.

no big deal

Old 11-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #29
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverCock View Post

Eric Norwood's banner was put up when he set the tackles record while he was a current player, and as another mentioned Alshon's was up there all during his Junior season.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #30
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Eric Norwood's banner was put up when he set the tackles record while he was a current player, and as another mentioned Alshon's was up there all during his Junior season.
As they should...this is what SOS has mentioned a few times and it's there to not only honor our past greats, but to inspire current and potential future players.
I think it's great and hopefully helps with recruiting.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #31
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Relax folks! As said, they have had ACTIVE players on the ramps before. Spurrier wanted Marcus to go up now since he clearly won't be back this season. This, in no way, signals that he won't be back at all.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #32
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Why would they put up a sign they are just going to have to change in two years?

because the signs were never meant to be permanent.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #33
UndercoverCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000000
UndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Relax folks! As said, they have had ACTIVE players on the ramps before. Spurrier wanted Marcus to go up now since he clearly won't be back this season. This, in no way, signals that he won't be back at all.
I'm relaxed- I said it was a fear, but not that we need to mourn the loss! And now that it's been mentioned, I totally remember Norwood going up. Thank you for answering!

See? That's all it needed? Now- LET'S EAT SOME PIG.