CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
KaneisAble
doubledribble
PageUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
thumpin big
b381l
TheUSCMike
kingofnerf
Busta out indefinite (1905)
SOS says his next st (1632)
Our Road Upset Wins (1506)
CBSSports SEC predic (780)
No easy road for our (638)
Our Defense? (556)
Roll call for Auburn (552)
University of Buffal (497)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Party like it's 1903 (280)
Our Defense?
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
SEC Football Legend: Shel
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
2015 Commitment - Davon D
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts

Old 11-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
GVegasCock
4-Star

CockyCash: 500
GVegasCock is making other chickens nervousGVegasCock is making other chickens nervousGVegasCock is making other chickens nervousGVegasCock is making other chickens nervousGVegasCock is making other chickens nervousGVegasCock is making other chickens nervousGVegasCock is making other chickens nervous
Default Best case scenario for #21

In my opinion, the best case scenario for Marcus (and USC) is if he could somehow play 3-4 games next year at the end of the season. Prove himself on the field then get paid in April of 2014.

Rehab for 10-11 months, get medical clearance and the blessing from his family, then help us win the SEC and play in a BCS bowl. Enjoy playing with Connor Shaw and Clowney at the end of the season. The only way this seems possible is with the "good" news that he only needed one surgery.

I am selfish enough that I want him to play for us again, but don't necessarily want him to try to give us 2 more years of his life and 12+ more games in 2014. He needs to go pro and get paid and the sooner the better, heck, maybe even this spring if that's what he wants.

OF COURSE it all depends on what the real story is with his knee. If he tore 3-4 ligaments he may need 12+ months of rehab and it will be impossible to play any football in 2013. This great young man has some very difficult decisions to make. I wish him nothing but the best of luck and health.
GVegasCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Re: Best case scenario for #21

He needs to play a full season
Old 11-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Yeah....I'm thinking the NFL is gonna want to see him play a full season. Sucks, but that's the way they are. I know people said McGahee came back from major knee surgery and was drafted in the first round like four months later, but Marcus is coming back from his SECOND major knee injury in as many years. Its as much mental as anything.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 979723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

My opinion, best case is to red-shirt next year, play a full 2014....... then come back with a 1,000+ yd rushing, and 500+ yd receiving season....... which would ensure Marcus gets some good money, as much Guaranteed as possible!

THAT would be best case for Marcus I believe, and certainly best case for USC!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #5
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I just want him to be happy.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #6
Bob the Builder
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Bob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his comb

Best case scenario for Marcus

Never play again

Collect $5ish million in insurance money

retire
Bob the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #7
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Builder View Post
Best case scenario for Marcus

Never play again

Collect $5ish million in insurance money

retire
pretty sure I can think up a better case scenario than this..

dream bigger!!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #8
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
He needs to play a full season
no way dude. 3-5 games sounds about right
Old 11-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #9
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
My opinion, best case is to red-shirt next year, play a full 2014....... then come back with a 1,000+ yd rushing, and 500+ yd receiving season....... which would ensure Marcus gets some good money, as much Guaranteed as possible!

THAT would be best case for Marcus I believe, and certainly best case for USC!
This.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #10
mvb1
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1992
mvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL
I just want him to be happy.
I think that I am really with this one.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 11-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #11
CockyVet
Walk On

Male

CockyVet is learning to peck

I'd like to see him redshirt next year, play in 2014, graduate and get drafted. In my opinion that's the best possible outcome.
CockyVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #12
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyVet View Post
I'd like to see him redshirt next year, play in 2014, graduate and get drafted. In my opinion that's the best possible outcome.
Yeh this is what I was thinking, he needs a whole year to rehab. He was obviously never fully recovered from the first knee injury, and I think a whole year off would really get him back to where he was when he got here.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote