CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
sanford
MWard
U-Dub Gamecock
Regalcock
Cockypantherfan
75CarolinaFan
gamecockgal
GarnetSwarm1990
TAFC 5 1981
ReadR00ster
Sidney Rice Retiring (998)
A good friend of min (522)
Dan Patrick Show - P (477)
ESPN Insider (384)
Pictures of older Co (316)
A Clowney Spotting? (259)
Places to eat in Con (200)
Bonefish Grill (159)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (143)
This Song is the F'i (121)
Curt Britt Transferring
SOS Dominating SEC Media
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Christian Pellage
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Texags
Asheville/Spartanburg eat
Bonefish Grill
Places To Eat In Beufort
Georgia Defensive returni

Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material
Default Gamecock Players All Over the Place

I have to share that I and my family just checked into our hotel here in Columbia about an hour ago, and as I as checking in, Kenny Miles came up and asked the counter guy for something. I looked at my wife and kids and said, "You guys know who this is?" (They should have but didn't...)

Then another group of players came out of the kitchen/dining area with "to go" food, heading to the elevators. As we were waiting for one of the elevators Kenny Miles and several other players hurried into the open elevator. We were left holding our bags.

I looked at the growing group of players and smiling said, "I don't care who you guys are I'm getting on this next elevator." Jadaveon Clowney said, "You go on guy..."

They could tell I was kidding by I, my wife, my 18 and 12 year old daughters clamored in with Dylan Thompson, Clowney, TJ Johnson and a few other players that I KNOW I know who they were but without numbers I am not 100% positive.

After getting to our room, we walked out and hung outside the door as Devonte Holloman, Damiere Byrd and several other players came by.

Of course we spoke with all of them and asked whether or not we were going to kill Arkansas. Everyone to a player all responded with quiet, confidence that they would win.

I have to say that although this entire hotel is 2/3rds full of Gamecock players, it is very quiet at 10:14pm. Saw Steve Spurrier Jr, Ward and a couple of the newer coaches that I don't know by face...but all were very polite, very courteous and smiled with appreciation.

Needless to say that meeting many of the players this evening added to another special Gamecock football weekend before heading back to Banner Elk and the ski areas.

My 18 year was at the Va Tech/Florida State game last night as she attend Va Tech, and she has only missed two Gamecock football home games this season. We haven't missed any.

So how about some of you so-called Gamecock fans part with a few bucks and fill the seats tomorrow. We've lost four games totals in the last two seasons and are NUMBER EIGHT BCS in the freaking country!

Fill up Willy B and show these guys some support!

Go Cocks.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecock Players All Over the Place

18 year old daughter?

Where is this hotel? I wanna see some of the players.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Great story. However, the "so-called Gamecocks fans" part is truly unnecessary.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Great story. However, the "so-called Gamecocks fans" part is truly unnecessary.

Not really...but thanks for commenting. Per the hotel question...I guess it's safe to mention it since it seems they're all in the rooms for the most part...although many have the curtains open.

They are at The Embassy Suites on Graystone by the zoo.

Connor Shaw walked by earlier and he quietly acknowledged a few passers by. He's just a quiet guy...or so it seems. Dylan too was kind of quiet. I asked him if he was going to get in the game tomorrow and he said two words, "We'll see."
Old 11-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
I have to share that I and my family just checked into our hotel here in Columbia about an hour ago, and as I as checking in, Kenny Miles came up and asked the counter guy for something. I looked at my wife and kids and said, "You guys know who this is?" (They should have but didn't...)

Then another group of players came out of the kitchen/dining area with "to go" food, heading to the elevators. As we were waiting for one of the elevators Kenny Miles and several other players hurried into the open elevator. We were left holding our bags.

I looked at the growing group of players and smiling said, "I don't care who you guys are I'm getting on this next elevator." Jadaveon Clowney said, "You go on guy..."

They could tell I was kidding by I, my wife, my 18 and 12 year old daughters clamored in with Dylan Thompson, Clowney, TJ Johnson and a few other players that I KNOW I know who they were but without numbers I am not 100% positive.

After getting to our room, we walked out and hung outside the door as Devonte Holloman, Damiere Byrd and several other players came by.

Of course we spoke with all of them and asked whether or not we were going to kill Arkansas. Everyone to a player all responded with quiet, confidence that they would win.

I have to say that although this entire hotel is 2/3rds full of Gamecock players, it is very quiet at 10:14pm. Saw Steve Spurrier Jr, Ward and a couple of the newer coaches that I don't know by face...but all were very polite, very courteous and smiled with appreciation.

Needless to say that meeting many of the players this evening added to another special Gamecock football weekend before heading back to Banner Elk and the ski areas.

My 18 year was at the Va Tech/Florida State game last night as she attend Va Tech, and she has only missed two Gamecock football home games this season. We haven't missed any.

So how about some of you so-called Gamecock fans part with a few bucks and fill the seats tomorrow. We've lost four games totals in the last two seasons and are NUMBER EIGHT BCS in the freaking country!

Fill up Willy B and show these guys some support!

Go Cocks.
that's pretty impressive

Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #6
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Im sure they love being harrassed by a fan whos standing outside of his room door waiting on them to walk by.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #7
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

That's a cool story. Glad to know the players are well-mannered.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #8
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Pretty cool experience, I'm sure.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #9
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I ran into Connor before the season and he was very friendly. Had a nice chat with him and wished him a good season. He was laid back, not the least bit arrogant.

Garnet Mike, always enjoy your posts but calling people who can't attend tomorrow's game "so-called fans" is kind of ignorant isn't it?
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #10
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Haha thats pretty awesome! Glad to see they are very respectful and modest and not partying in the hotel at 10:30 pm on a Friday night before the game.

I'm sure it was a great experience for you and your family!
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:48 AM   #11
TheCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
TheCock is sharpening his clawsTheCock is sharpening his clawsTheCock is sharpening his clawsTheCock is sharpening his claws

They normally don't stay at that hotel during home games. I work at the one that they do stay at however I'm not putting it on CT. Yes they are well behaved when they stay and off duty HP stay on the floors to make sure no one bothers them during the night.
TheCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #12
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

So I guess I'm a 'so-called fan' down here in Tampa and have to work this weekend, I guess it doesn't mean anything that I'll be rocking the colors and watching the game from afar and I make every game I can afford to. Cool story bra
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #13
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Hopefully I'll have a great experience like this soon and use it as a chance to condescend the way you do, a boy can dream
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #14
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Creepy.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #15
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Creepy.

Not that way at all. They have to walk by our room to get to the elevators. We were not out there or in front of their rooms. JC was staying in room 307 (gone now) and we were in 300. Nothing creepy about it...just hanging and they were cool as hell. We didn't harrass them. Most were carrying food so we didnt even bug them for autographs of photo ops.

Sorry if I was condescending. I guess I get caught up in some of the negativity about not filling a stadium when all it takes is 80000 consistent fans. You'd think SC had 160000 avid fans who could "miss a game" and still fill the stadium every weekend.

I know that math isn't right, but it's 7am and you guys get my point.

Go Cocks.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #16
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

I think what everyone needs to remember is that just because some of us may not be at the game that does not mean that we love our Gamecocks any less than those who are there. A great example is me and baseball...I can't make each and every home game, mainly because I live in the Lowcountry and I have to miss quite a few Saturdays because of Little Man's games once late March rolls around. And y'all know that each of you would be hard pressed to find someone who loves Gamecock Baseball more than I do.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #17
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Im sure they love being harrassed by a fan whos standing outside of his room door waiting on them to walk by.
Yeah that's why they go through the trouble of taking them out of downtown to an unnamed hotel.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
Zandit
Banned

Male

Zandit has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
What a great post! I would have pulled a chair out into the hall and sat there all night.

As for the players, they will have warm memories of all this attention for the rest of their lives.
Zandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #19
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

I would have THOUGHT that the players would already be at the stadium by now...but they are walking back and forth my room door all morning. Coach Ward just caught one of the guys and they talked right out my door for ten minutes.

They are all ambling around just kind of chillin. I guess they did an early breakfast and are now waiting to head out. Don't see any out there now.

It was cool to hang though...
Old 11-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #20
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
I would have THOUGHT that the players would already be at the stadium by now...but they are walking back and forth my room door all morning. Coach Ward just caught one of the guys and they talked right out my door for ten minutes.

They are all ambling around just kind of chillin. I guess they did an early breakfast and are now waiting to head out. Don't see any out there now.

It was cool to hang though...
They don't head into the stadium for another hour or so

Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote