CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
b381l
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
NAGamecockFan
The Yancey
conwaycock2
Travelin
Freshman ND WR " (1224)
Good Riddance to bad (627)
The Comeback & T (560)
Bashing Players, coa (464)
ESPN Game Day Commen (425)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (415)
Keeping tailgate foo (399)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (346)
Simple "yes&quo (301)
TeMarcus Blanton (291)
Garcia: Change the Rules
Simple "yes" or
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Phil Steele just predicte
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
TeMarcus Blanton
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Why I think we beat Aubur
Rest of the season predic

Old 11-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #61
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material
Default Re: Empty Seats tomorrow

I was banned for 24 hours the last time I commented about so-called fans not going to games so I won't make that mistake and cross any lines talking politics again.

That said, it's all about priorities and most Gamecock fans are just borderline fans. It's understandable that they'd rather stay home and watch it on TV. It would be nice though to realize a day when we'd have 80000 real fans that would fill the stadium every weekend.

Heck the students didn't even fill their sections for the Tennessee game and MANY left early. That didn't happen ten years ago and further back when team and school spirit at a different premium. That is why we are not truly one of the top football cities in America like a lot of people falsely state that we are. We a second tier fan base...and that is disappointing to say.

All i know is that I am always 30-60 minutes early for every game and I have NEVER left one game in 25 years until 0:00 showed on the clock.

I KNOW there are some 25000 or so like-minded fans. Now only if we can find 55000 more.

Go Cocks.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #62
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

PS:

In the row I'm on at the stadium a woman of about 65 years of age climbs the steps in agony for every game and has to be helped to lift her legs the height of the 6-8" steps one at a time due to dibilitating arthritis and recent operations. However she is THERE for every game and is one of the most vocal fans in our section.

THAT, my friends is what a real fan looks like. I have seen people come on crutches as I did about ten years ago for every game the season I blew out my achilles playing pickup basketball.

...and then I watch when people show up midway through the first quarter and start filing out at the end of the 3rd quarter.

What do these people do when they go to a movie???

It is disappointing and makes me a little ashamed when I see fans from opposing teams filing in.

Regardless I've grown to accept it...and wonder if we'd ever think of building a newer SMALLER stadium that would hold about 65000 so we'd have the most loyal, loudest fans and a full stadium for every game...
Old 11-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #63
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

at this point in our time, people could really care less what others actually think of them and their actions and its very sad.

On some things I dont care what people think, but most things - like being a good loyal fan - i want people to have a good opinion of me.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #64
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Frustrating. Don't think we ever get those fans back that we lost(as far as burrs in the seats) always took it for granted being part of packed houses
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #65
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
I was banned for 24 hours the last time I commented about so-called fans not going to games so I won't make that mistake and cross any lines talking politics again.

That said, it's all about priorities and most Gamecock fans are just borderline fans. It's understandable that they'd rather stay home and watch it on TV. It would be nice though to realize a day when we'd have 80000 real fans that would fill the stadium every weekend.

Heck the students didn't even fill their sections for the Tennessee game and MANY left early. That didn't happen ten years ago and further back when team and school spirit at a different premium. That is why we are not truly one of the top football cities in America like a lot of people falsely state that we are. We a second tier fan base...and that is disappointing to say.

All i know is that I am always 30-60 minutes early for every game and I have NEVER left one game in 25 years until 0:00 showed on the clock.

I KNOW there are some 25000 or so like-minded fans. Now only if we can find 55000 more.
Go Cocks.

Fans leave early no matter where you go. You are not going to find that man fans that have nothing else to do besides football on their Saturdays. People work and go to school during the week and watching football is just one of many things the look forward to doing in their spare time, so that time is precious to them. That said leaving at half time is ridiculous to me. I don't see the point in going to the game at all if you are only going to watch one half. It makes no logical sense. If you are going leave THAT early you really DON'T care. I'd rather see empty seats than fans that don't care in them. Maybe some fans that do care but want better seats will be enticed to start going.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #66
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockman12 View Post
There are so many lazy ass people on here.
Okay, so people who bust their rear ends working all week and want to relax and watch the game at home some times without making an entire day of it are lazy? I know this might come as a shock to you, but SOME people actually enjoy the experience of watching the game at home more than going there in person. That's just the way it is. You want people at the games, then go find them yourself and bring them with you, bug them until they agree to go. But I doubt insulting them is going to convince anyone.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #67
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfan1 View Post
Frustrating. Don't think we ever get those fans back that we lost(as far as burrs in the seats) always took it for granted being part of packed houses
I wonder if it has to do with not being underdogs in many games anymore. Any game in which you are an underdog is a big game and we are just not underdogs all that much any more. We still show out for games when we are underdogs. Really, I'll take that trade off.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #68
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

It will still be a great atmosphere.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #69
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

The complaining started early this week!
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #70
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

For those who are upset with attendance:

THEY PAY TO SEE THE GAMECOCKS PLAY: The Gamecocks averaged 79,131 in their seven home games in the 2011 season, ranking 16th in the country. After five home games this season, Carolina is averaging 80,251 per game, 17th in the country. They established a new school record when 85,199 attended the Georgia game on October 6.

-GamecocksOnline.com
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #71
nellanaesp
4-Star

Male

nellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his comb

This is what happens for noon games. A lot of people come from out of the city to see the games, and it sucks to have to get up really early to get the car packed up and get to the game with all the traffic. I'm in Aiken and have to leave by 9 at the latest if I want to make it into the stadium in time, but I usually leave around 8.

If this were a night game, I guarantee the attendance would be fine. But noon games suck. I wish it were 3:30.
nellanaesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:43 AM   #72
nellanaesp
4-Star

Male

nellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his comb

And also, at least we're not Miami. They had 300 fans at a home game. 300! Sorry, Miami, but you aren't Leonidas.
nellanaesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #73
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

To be the best you need to beat the best!

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #74
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

I brought 4 other people with me this weekend. Two that have never been to a game. I am hoping we have a great crowd today.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #75
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

I'm thinking of taking my little boy to his first "real" game. If I head down to Cola town with no tickets, will I be able to find decent tickets (where a child can see everything, including the video board) at a reasonable price? What's the average price/ticket for today's game?

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #76
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Price for taking a family of four to the game:
$240 for tickets (and thats if you just buy them and didn't get season tickets)
$50 gas from Augusta and back
$50 food (if I'm lucky)
$20 parking ( a mile from the stadium when just two years ago it was $10)
Total: $380
At that price I have to pick and choose games. In case some of you don't know we are in a recession and its been over three years since I've had a raise.

Cost of a matinee movie:
$32 for four tickets, $10 for gas and NO movie food

And I'm a USC grad, Class of 79 and been a Gamecock most of my life, but I have to live too.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #77
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
$50 food (if I'm lucky)
At that price I have to pick and choose games. In case some of you don't know we are in a recession and its been over three years since I've had a raise.

Cost of a matinee movie:

And I'm a USC grad, Class of 79 and been a Gamecock most of my life, but I have to live too.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, because I see and ABSOLUTELY agree with your point, but wouldn't your estimate of the cost to take a family of four add upp to $360? I'm just wondering if I overlooked something.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #78
Zandit
Banned

Male

Zandit has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I was in Athens for the Ole Miss game. Same thing happened there with empty seats. If the away fans don't show up then this is what is going to happen.

My 60 HDTV is a helluva lot better seat than anywhere in the east upper. I don't blame people for staying home.
There won't be any empty seats at my house, either. Go Cocks!
Zandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #79
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
I'm thinking of taking my little boy to his first "real" game. If I head down to Cola town with no tickets, will I be able to find decent tickets (where a child can see everything, including the video board) at a reasonable price? What's the average price/ticket for today's game?
I'm fairly certain you'll be able to pick up reasonably priced tix from someone selling outside the stadium for today.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #80
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
$50 food (if I'm lucky)

Cost of a matinee movie:

Definitely understand this. It's just you would THINK that there are 100000 plus capable and avid enough to come every Saturday. Obviously that isn't the case.