CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GamecockSuperFan
cocks are us
robgusc76
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
jellafever
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
doubledribble
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2064)
Jimbo Fisher Blames (957)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (829)
Herbstreit on " (819)
Little know stat (We (776)
SEC QB's in the Red (775)
Gamecockology Helms (704)
2013 Georgia vs. 201 (647)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (409)
Where do you like to (339)
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
NFL: REDSKINS @ COWBOYS M
For all the uniform junki
Gamecockology Helms
Where do you like to sit
Little know stat (Week 10
Anyone have a recipe I ca
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING
Sports no longer fun?

Old 11-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #21
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecock Players All Over the Place

You act like there some kind of celebrities LOL They are just people, but cool story indeed.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #22
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Hmmm... nevermind they are JUST NOW getting on the bus headed to Willy B.

We did breakfast and just fist bumped Connor Shaw. My girls are all smiling ear to ear. The Cocks are headed towards the stadium in moments.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #23
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
You act like there some kind of celebrities LOL They are just people, but cool story indeed.
Jealous of the players much. Ummm they actually ARE celebrities. Some more than others, but there is no question they are celebrities of some measure. By the way Connor is maybe 6'0 and a half an inch and small framed. Okay maybe medium framed. Nice guy though and some people did ask for photos.

We chilled and allowed them their time to chill. Most were already in headset mode...and couldn't hear the "good luck" wishes.

Cool nonetheless. My girls are already Tweeting and Facebooking it out.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #24
The Octopus
Recruit

Male

The Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervous

Sounds like an exciting day for some hardcore Gamecock fans. Enjoy the game!
The Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #25
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

The story is pretty neat, but at the same time, it is kind of creepy how your always where they are and eavesdropping on their conversations.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #26
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Weird, but cool!

Go gamecocks!
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #27
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Wow seriously guys? Why is everyone picking at him? Guy has an amazing Gamecock moment and all you can do is give him a half hearted "cool story" and then find something to throw back at him.......Geez its never amazes me how cynical our fanbase can be sometimes!

Let the man have his moment. If I happen to be staying at the same hotel as the team I would be giddy as hell! Obviously he loves his team more then most and is having a great time knowing that he just got to meet some guys that will possibly be playing in the big league on Sunday's. Cut him some slack.

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #28
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

I never realized they stayed at a hotel for home games. Haha. Seems kinda silly. But I can see why they do it.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #29
Carolina_Harv

Male

Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I never realized they stayed at a hotel for home games. Haha. Seems kinda silly. But I can see why they do it.
Well its alot easier to just go down the hallway to make sure each guy is on the bus to go to the stadium then rely on each one to make it from their home or dorm room to the bus. That and it allows the coaches to go over some things with the entire team the night before and have pre-game meal and what not.

**SIG created by cack
Old 11-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #30
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_Harv View Post
Wow seriously guys? Why is everyone picking at him? Guy has an amazing Gamecock moment and all you can do is give him a half hearted "cool story" and then find something to throw back at him.......Geez its never amazes me how cynical our fanbase can be sometimes!

Let the man have his moment. If I happen to be staying at the same hotel as the team I would be giddy as hell! Obviously he loves his team more then most and is having a great time knowing that he just got to meet some guys that will possibly be playing in the big league on Sunday's. Cut him some slack.
Haha yeah i agree, i would probably do the same thing too! Weird and cool at the same time that he saw so many of the players in a short amount of time!

I mean what would you do if you saw a bunch of players at a hotel. I'd be pretty excited and try to talk to them, even if its like a "Go gamecocks!".

Heck, i was at Litchfield Beach a few years ago in August and Darrin Horn was at the restaurant. He wasn't the best coach ever, but cool to say you've stood next to and talked to a South Carolina basketball coach.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #31
Carolina_Harv

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Haha yeah i agree, i would probably do the same thing too! Weird and cool at the same time that he saw so many of the players in a short amount of time!

I mean what would you do if you saw a bunch of players at a hotel. I'd be pretty excited and try to talk to them, even if its like a "Go gamecocks!".

Heck, i was at Litchfield Beach a few years ago in August and Darrin Horn was at the restaurant. He wasn't the best coach ever, but cool to say you've stood next to and talked to a South Carolina basketball coach.
Exactly! I ran into Eric Norwood at the mall some years back and asked him if I could take a picture with him.....Dude is BIG! TV does him no justice his hands are huge! And he was cool with it. Most of these guys don't have that celebrity status attitude yet and I am sure at 18-21 they probably enjoy the attention from fans. Its something that is still relatively new to these guys and they get to enjoy it on a small scale.

**SIG created by cack
Old 11-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #32
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
The story is pretty neat, but at the same time, it is kind of creepy how your always where they are and eavesdropping on their conversations.
I just hope he's not the type who obsesses over every little thing a coach/player does, knows more about each player than some members of their family, and is just creepily overbearing. Yeah, they're athletes for a major college, but I don't flip shit when I run into a Clemson player or coach anywhere.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #33
Carolina_Harv

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
I just hope he's not the type who obsesses over every little thing a coach/player does, knows more about each player than some members of their family, and is just creepily overbearing. Yeah, they're athletes for a major college, but I don't flip shit when I run into a Clemson player or coach anywhere.
Yea but some people thats the biggest star they may ever meet. The part about him eavesdropping I think yall are over exaggerating. They were talking outside his door. Don't know how long its been since most of you have staying a hotel but its pretty easy to hear people in the hallways sometimes. And just b/c you don't flip shit does not mean someone else might not.......The guy is just trying to share a cool story with everyone and all everyone wants to do is give him shit about it.......

You know what mike I think you shoulda just told the attendant at the desk when you checked in that you can't stay at the same hotel with the Gamecock players b/c members on Cockytalk would not approve of you being excited about this experience!

**SIG created by cack
Old 11-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #34
robert40
Recruit

Male

robert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post

Yeah makes sense not to flip out when you see a clemsux player or coach.
robert40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #35
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

You're foolish for even joking with Clowney. He could have snapped your spine out of pure instinct. JK.....cool story.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #36
Carolina_Harv

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
You're foolish for even joking with Clowney. He could have snapped your spine out of pure instinct. JK.....cool story.
LMAO could totally see someone Farking this

**SIG created by cack
Old 11-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #37
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

We do have some very nice guys. It is an impressive group. This is my first game ever inside a cockaboose. This is nice. Kids and spouses and significant others are inside. I could get spoiled by this, but I doubt I get the opportunity too many times.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #38
Carolina_Harv

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
We do have some very nice guys. It is an impressive group. This is my first game ever inside a cockaboose. This is nice. Kids and spouses and significant others are inside. I could get spoiled by this, but I doubt I get the opportunity too many times.
Friend or coworker extend an invite?

**SIG created by cack
Old 11-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #39
cockybynature
Recruit

Male

cockybynature has hatched from the shell

I am sorry that as a so-called fan that I couldn't be there either, just couldnt afford these last few games. I guess I shouldn't be allowed to watch it on TV either, because unless your at the stadium your not a true fan huh. The story was good, but your cheap shit isnt. Just imagine how you would feel if the day before you had to go out and perform your best you had to deal with "fans" in your face. I would think the reason they go to a hotel is to get away from distractions.

And usually the people who get "caught up" in the negativity are the ones that keep it going. TRUE fans dont let ANYTHING like that affect them, at least the ones I know.
cockybynature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #40
kmcgarnet
Recruit

Female

kmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
So how about some of you so-called Gamecock fans part with a few bucks and fill the seats tomorrow.
That's a little unfair to say. Some of us live out of state and aren't able to attend, but would if we could. I know I'd love to be at every game but that isn't possible for me.

Last edited by kmcgarnet; 11-10-2012 at 07:06 PM.
kmcgarnet is offline   Reply With Quote