CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
spareparts
ertman420
b381l
usc1
robgusc76
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (796)
2001 vs Sandstorm (775)
Tennessee hires Donn (752)
Acock reviews the SE (655)
So who was the dude (636)
Sunday college footb (622)
Does anyone have a l (336)
Florida Georgia Line (257)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (233)
Purple drank (203)
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
2001 vs Sandstorm
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones
Name a Gamecock

Old 11-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
legalez
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500500
legalez is making other chickens nervouslegalez is making other chickens nervouslegalez is making other chickens nervouslegalez is making other chickens nervouslegalez is making other chickens nervouslegalez is making other chickens nervouslegalez is making other chickens nervous
Default I'm Curious, have we really blitzed that much more this year?

During Fall practice, Whammy stated "we would blitz more, we would be more aggressive". I do think the corners have been more aggressive going for interceptions but I haven't really noticed more blitzing. And if we aren't blitzing more against Tenn & Arky, what is he waiting on? Has he lost confidence in our secondary to play man?

Last edited by legalez; 11-10-2012 at 05:22 PM.
legalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

no...he has not really needed to. when your front 4 can get pressure on almost every play,why would you?

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
legalez
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500500
legalez is making other chickens nervouslegalez is making other chickens nervouslegalez is making other chickens nervouslegalez is making other chickens nervouslegalez is making other chickens nervouslegalez is making other chickens nervouslegalez is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: I'm Curious, have we really blitzed that much more this year?

When they're torching your secondary. I'm not sure our front 4 did get enough pressure on Bray and Wilson. I don't think Boyd is as good as either of them, but I don't want to give him plenty of time either.
legalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
OLDCHARLESTONIAN
African Tater Game Hunter

Male

CockyCash: 200
OLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalez View Post
When they're torching your secondary. I'm not sure our front 4 did get enough pressure on Bray and Wilson. I don't think Boyd is as good as either of them, but I don't want to give him plenty of time either.
Both two QBs were on teams that were neither holding lofty rankings, or expectations. Boyd plays for a team that holds a high ranking, high expectations, and is our in-state rival. Believe me, Whammy will be bringing the house on Clemscum and our defense will be ready to kick some tail.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

as old said he will bring the heat against Clemson...but fact is our front 4 did get enough pressure...our DB's just need to get bettter...you play more man to man with blitzs... we would get touched...right now we are keeping it between the 20s and they are not getting beaten deep.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
cocknfire843
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
cocknfire843 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
as old said he will bring the heat against Clemson...but fact is our front 4 did get enough pressure...our DB's just need to get bettter...you play more man to man with blitzs... we would get touched...right now we are keeping it between the 20s and they are not getting beaten deep.

you said it dbs got to do better or clemson s gonna be licking there chops need to be more phsical jam em up something dont let blow past untouched
cocknfire843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #7
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

No, we haven't blitzed that much. We occasionally bring a LB on a delayed blitz, and have blitzed the safety once or twice, but we really haven't needed to.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
Braveguy06
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 has feathers coming inBraveguy06 has feathers coming inBraveguy06 has feathers coming in

Wish our corners would play more bump and run and let our DL pin its ears back. I think we give way to much of a cushion. Better not blitz against clemtech or they will score 50 points.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #9
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Most teams have schemed to beat pressure by "catch and throw," quick throws, screens, draws, and screen passes. Those plays make blitzing worse than useless. The front four have concentrated on affecting the passer by hurries and hands up in passing lanes more than on getting sacks. Bray had time to throw, and it gave us trouble, but I think we were just too beaten up on defense from the wear and tear of the 3 game stretch to get the sacks and hurries we needed. I'm convinced getting Jerideau and Quarrels back helped even though they didn't get tackles.
Goofyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #10
BleedsGarnet
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
BleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDCHARLESTONIAN View Post
Both two QBs were on teams that were neither holding lofty rankings, or expectations. Boyd plays for a team that holds a high ranking, high expectations, and is our in-state rival. Believe me, Whammy will be bringing the house on Clemscum and our defense will be ready to kick some tail.
I disagree. Clemson doesn't even come close to having the caliber of offensive linemen SEC schools have.

We'll rush three and still put pressure on Boyd. Game wont be close. Our Game speed is far superior to theirs.
BleedsGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

you both are right...Boyd and Co. can score fast...if they have time to...their OL is not even close to most of the ones we see in the Sec...if we get pressure...game over for them...our DB'S need improvement but they are not terrible either...just a good bit of room for improvement...