CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Outland
MDF DUST
MountainCock
QCB
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
The Yancey
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
taylorssc
In-state QB talent (968)
Rank the QBs under S (781)
Which loss hurt wors (763)
Ranking the SEC Foot (689)
BA ranks recruiting (512)
Google finally gets (447)
Who start on the d l (376)
lack of production= (376)
Five Upstate High Sc (361)
Why I think we beat (347)
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
A simple defensive line &
Why I think we beat Aubur
Ranking the SEC Football
Five Upstate High School
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Does South Carolina still
So Disappointed With The
lack of production=

Old 11-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #161
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1368
USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit
Default Re: GO AGGIES! BEAT NICK SABAN AND THAT OVERRATED QB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
No, because some conferences are crap, so winning conference championships doesn't really mean crap.
Winning the Big 12 would be crap? winning the Pac 12 crap? Going undefeated against ND's schedule is crap?
Old 11-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #162
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
This conference is ridiculous. We could wind up 10-2 in the top 10 in the BCS and the best we will be able to do is probably the Outback bowl or the Gator Bowl the way this is working out.
I does suck with that 2 team per conference rule when 5 teams in the SEC are in the top 10, which is what the BCS should have awarded from day one, finish in the top 10 and you get a BCS bowl, but no crap conferences like the ACC, Big lEast, and this year the B1G get in and they are even scrapping the top 10.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #163
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Texas A&M will be in the Cotton Bowl unless LSU losses tonight. If so, LSU will be in the Cotton Bowl and A&M will be in the sugar so long as they beat Missouri.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #164
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
Yeah, anyone who was pulling for A&M to win and is a South Carolina fan must've had their brains in their butts, because this is definitely a bad thing for us. Not ONLY will Alabama take up a BCS spot that isn't the national championship game and, thus, causing another team to be selected for an at-large BCS bid, but this win keeps A&M on equal ground with us, but their signature win is bigger than ours, so they will likely be chosen for a more prestigious non-BCS bowl than we. EPIC THREAD FAIL. People should probably learn to think about things instead of just blindly pulling for underdogs.
I proudly pulled for A&M. My family in Texas is very happy right now.

I've had a few relatives play football for Texas A&M and family teach and work at A&M. I just happened to be born and raised here in Columbia, so naturally I grew up a Carolina fan and went to school here.

So, my reasons for pulling for A&M today go above Carolina's bowl game scenario.

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #165
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCgamecocks View Post
Winning the Big 12 would be crap? winning the Pac 12 crap? Going undefeated against ND's schedule is crap?
Not crap but not nearly as good as being the second best SEC team!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #166
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
The Pac-12 has a championship game, Big XII and Notre Dame do not, how can you justify a team playing one less game deserves a shot for the National Title when teams like Bama and Oregon have to play a tough conference championship. Play a conference championship or play 13 games but just playing 12 just doesn't cut the mustard.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #167
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post

I've had a few relatives play football for Texas A&M and family teach and work at A&M. I just happened to be born and raised here in Columbia, so naturally I grew up a Carolina fan and went to school here.

So, my reasons for pulling for A&M today go above Carolina's bowl game scenario.
Well congratulations Aggie fan. Since you don't want to see us have a chance at a BCS Bowl, you obviously care more about the Aggies and this proves it so you might as well stop pretending to be a Gamecock fan .
Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #168
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1368
USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
The Pac-12 has a championship game, Big XII and Notre Dame do not, how can you justify a team playing one less game deserves a shot for the National Title when teams like Bama and Oregon have to play a tough conference championship. Play a conference championship or play 13 games but just playing 12 just doesn't cut the mustard.
Last year's result makes your point moot. Come up with a better argument.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #169
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
The Pac 12 and Big 12 are fine conferences, face it you are just trying to come up with an argument that will somehow get the SEC back in.
Clearly they are coming around...lots of fast athletes on TAMU's D, but I also think Sumlin is a better coach than some people thought.
TAMU may be the surprise team of '12.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #170
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
I does suck with that 2 team per conference rule when 5 teams in the SEC are in the top 10, which is what the BCS should have awarded from day one, finish in the top 10 and you get a BCS bowl, but no crap conferences like the ACC, Big lEast, and this year the B1G get in and they are even scrapping the top 10.
Yep. I couldn't agree more. This is just more evidence of why the current system and rules are completely ridiculous. In what world should it be considered fair for teams that are ranked in the top 10 of the BCS standings to get left out in favor of teams that are several spots outside of the top 10? It doesn't make any sense. There is some good news out of this, though. Clemson will end up having yet ANOTHER SEC team ahead of them in the BCS standings.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #171
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well congratulations Aggie fan. Don't ever call yourself a Gamecock fan since you don't want to see us have a chance at a BCS Bowl.
Seriously? I explained my reasoning for wanting them to beat Alabama and you question my level of support for the Gamecocks? Give me a break. I love Carolina and the Gamecocks, always have, always will.

I guess I should apologize for not caring about our bowl scenario enough to want Alabama to win?

Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #172
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:

Well congratulations Aggie fan. Since you don't want to see us have a chance at a BCS Bowl, you obviously care more about the Aggies and this proves it so you might as well stop pretending to be a Gamecock fan .
I agree with you on this, Rooster. The guy is a born-and-raised Carolinian and USC alum, but he admits his allegiance to A&M took precedence over his connection to USC. Not a good thing in my opinion.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #173
tulorox17
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 300
tulorox17 has feathers coming intulorox17 has feathers coming intulorox17 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck and I really thought we had a BCS bowl wrapped up... **** you ATm
The loss to Florida was the end of our BCS hopes.
tulorox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #174
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Quote:
I agree with you on this, Rooster. The guy is a born-and-raised Carolinian and USC alum, but he admits his allegiance to A&M took precedence over his connection to USC. Not a good thing in my opinion.
I agree he will be conflicted as sin when aTm becomes our yearly Western opponent. Unless he will be pulling for aTm against Carolina. Then there is a HUGE problem.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #175
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

Quote:
My allegiance to my family in Texas took priority over who I cheered for in this game that featured two teams that have nothing to do with the University of South Carolina as a school. You all are taking this way to seriously.

I'm a bit offended that you all are questioning my life-long pride and love for USC because the team I wanted to win in this one game won which means we may end up in the Gator Bowl instead of the Outback Bowl.

Quote:
I agree he will be conflicted as sin when aTm becomes our yearly Western opponent. Unless he will be pulling for aTm against Carolina.
No I won't. I'll always bleed garnet and black.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #176
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Quote:
I agree he will be conflicted as sin when aTm becomes our yearly Western opponent. Unless he will be pulling for aTm against Carolina.
Well, I mean he does have more of a connection to A&M than USC, so I think that's a given. I'm sure he wants his family in Texas to be happy in spite of what it would mean for us. And don't get too worked up over this post, davidmc467. I'm messing with you.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #177
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Quote:
My allegiance to my family in Texas took priority over who I cheered for in this game that featured two teams that have nothing to do with the University of South Carolina as a school. You all are taking this way to seriously.

I'm a bit offended that you all are questioning my life-long pride and love for USC because the team I wanted to win in this one game won which means we may end up in the Gator Bowl instead of the Outback Bowl.

That's the spirit.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #178
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

If Noter Shame loses, KST loses and oganic ducks lose we will be sitting pretty. Just need all the teams we beat and beat us to win out.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #179
OLDCHARLESTONIAN
African Tater Game Hunter

Male

OLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his claws

Quote:

Might you be better off with the mindset of many a Civil War soldier. God, State, Country, Family.
OLDCHARLESTONIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #180
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDCHARLESTONIAN View Post
Might you be better off with the mindset of many a Civil War soldier. God, State, Country, Family.
I love my state, always will. It's my home.

I just didn't see our bowl scenario as enough reason to pull for Alabama, a team that I really don't care for, when I have family who would be positively affected by an A&M win today.

FWIW, I still think a 1 loss Alabama team is probably ranked higher than Notre Dame and possibly K-State because of that fact that Alabama will probably play a top 10 ranked UGA team in Atlanta which helps strength of schedule.

If it makes you feel better, if it came down to war, I'd be the first to join the South Carolina Volunteers.