CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
AtlGAMECOCK
18IsTheMan
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
airborne09
TKE226
Cockhornleghorn
YouCanNeverTell
weatheredxtown
cockycrazy2001
Conflict with Aggies (6116)
Spurrier on a&m (2560)
Old Footage from WB (1453)
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1304)
The Field (993)
One of the great thi (809)
Spurrier winning at (790)
Defensive Backfield (698)
Death in the family (455)
Anyone watching pti (454)
I hope Coach Spurrier get
Conflict with Aggies on t
As things currently stand
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
GAME
Request - Ohio State v. N
Official SEC Network and
SDS/Garcia: Entertaining
Death in the family
Bring a bottle of water

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #81
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jamari Smith Thread (2013 Commitment)

Look at their offer sheets, not their stars.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #82
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Look at their offer sheets, not their stars.
Wow...offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Ga. Tech, Miss. St., Notre Dame, Penn St., West Virginia, among others. I picked those out of the crowd because these teams tend to have a strong rushing attack. Its a good omen that these teams also offered.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #83
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCMM View Post
Wow...offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Ga. Tech, Miss. St., Notre Dame, Penn St., West Virginia, among others. I picked those out of the crowd because these teams tend to have a strong rushing attack. Its a good omen that these teams also offered.
Kid is a big time versatile player. He is gonna be a good one.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #84
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

A lot of those schools, including Notre Dame like him as a DB.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 10-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #85
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Saw this kid play in person a few weeks ago. He is one of those kids that you can spot of the field even if you don't know what to look for. Not sure what he will be at the next level, but he moves very smoothly and with speed.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #86
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

The thing that I think might keep him at RB is his power. He does a nice job of running through tackles, although he needs to work on his pad level.

Haven't seen him play DB, but I know a lot of people are speculating that's where he'll end up.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #87
Reload
Sarcasm Champ

Male

CockyCash: 2025
Reload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his claws

Absolutely tearing it up in 8A
On his website (Not up to date) he has a stat line of
112 carries for 986 yards and 12 Touchdowns
That's through 8 games
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #88
Joe Gamecock
Walk On

Male

Joe Gamecock has hatched from the shell

He is a good tailback. His team dominated their opponent this week so he did not play much. They led 42-0 at halftime so they had a running clock the entire 2nd half.

Jamari only had 7 carries for 65 yards and 3 touchdowns.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #89
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Signed.

Bubba speaks on Smith

Quote:
Running back who prepped at Fletcher High School in Neptune Beach, Fla... team went 12-3 in his senior season under head coach Josh Corey... tallied 2,178 yards on the ground with 24 touchdowns earning first-team Class 8A all-state honors as a junior... did not have a fumble in 295 carries as a junior while garnering Florida Times-Union Offensive Player of the Year accolades... three-star prospect, the 43rd-best running back in the nation and ranked 82nd on the Florida top 100 according to Rivals... a three-star prospect and the nation's 61st-best running back by Scout... a three-star prospect, the 64th-best player in the state, and the 14th-best all-purpose back in the country by 247Sports... a three-star prospect, the 33rd-best running back and an All-Southeast Region pick by PrepStar... selected South Carolina over Wake Forest but drew scholarship offers from multiple programs including Arkansas, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Virginia, West Virginia, and others.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 02-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #90
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jamari Smith Thread (2013 Signee)

I love the way this young man plays RB! He seems like more of a straight-line runner then Williams, but he does have a little shiftiness to him as well. Welcome!

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #91
CockaThaWalk
Kick Dawgs Peel Taters

Male

CockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervous

Is Jamari projected at RB or Corner???
Old 02-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #92
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockaThaWalk View Post
Is Jamari projected at RB or Corner???
From what i understand, RB
Old 02-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #93
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
From what i understand, RB
On 107.5 yesterday the guy from GCC said that from talking to the coaches they are going to give him a shot at RB but he believes he will end up at DB.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #94
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

I love guys like this that could be both. Reminds me of people like Patrick Peterson who could potentially play a few positions. The coaches will get him in, see what he does best, and see what he likes to do. Then its a situation that is best for him and the team.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #95
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Sean Elliot was just on 107.5 and was talking about the running backs. He said that David Williams was a home run threat and kept on talking about him playing in the backfield etc and then when asked about Jamari he just said he was a great athlete that will be able to play all over the field for us and especially on the other side of the ball. I think that might foreshadow him being moved sometime in the future.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #96
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

How does a former NBA player know so much about us?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #97
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Sleeper - Jamari Smith

Smith hasn't garnered as much love on the message boards as he should have. He committed during the summer over several impressive offers like Auburn, Arkansas, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Notre Dame, and Penn State. Smith put up a very impressive senior season in 8A football in Florida. The thing I like most about him is his balance. He teams with David Williams to form a good running back class for the Gamecocks this year.

Other Candidates: David Johnson, Mohamed Camara
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/cont...9600&PT=4&PR=2

Old 02-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #98
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I am sure we will give him a fair shake at TB, but if its his best position I hope he's open to moving around. I know a lot of the smarter guys felt like Kenny Miles and maybe Eric Baker (if he could have stayed healthy) would have been NFL prospects at DB.
Closed Thread