CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
The Yancey
5lbYardcock
GH
18IsTheMan
StormOfTalons
ut_vols13
conwaycock2
garnet_black215
Gamecock football Lo (2135)
Mike Davis "dou (1846)
Gamecocks D staff re (1262)
The Demise of the 3- (1049)
who thinks we need a (960)
Pirate Depth Chart (914)
Past SEC Champions w (659)
Reginald Bowens (629)
Why didn't Wes Green (530)
Eastern Michigan's C (344)
The Demise of the 3-4
Did we ever go after Kenn
Mike Davis "doubtful
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Carolina opens -15.5
Past SEC Champions who ha
East Carolina Prediction
New app: South Carolina G
Connor Shaw Browns
Eastern Michigan's Concre

Old 11-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #61
pturner2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
pturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPit
Default Re: If DJ Swearinger Isn't Your Favorite Gamecock Of All Time...

Marcus Lattimore is my favorite without a doubt. He was vital to our program getting out of the cellar.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #62
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

DJ was fantastic.

He'll be running steps on Monday, but he was fantastic.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #63
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyVet View Post
DJ makes me smile, but on the current team, I'm a Holloman fan.
Holloman looked like a liability today. Had some very bad angles he took on some tackles and wiffed horribly.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #64
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
You don't like a badass who knows he's a badass? I bet you hated the old maimi hurricanes huh? That's fine. Not everyone likes that.
Are you kidding me? You just proved you were either not alive in the 80s or not watching football in the 80s. No Gamecock fan would like the 1980s Hurricanes. None!! Serious bad blood between our squads back then. Almost as bad as saying you like Clemson.

DJ on behalf of Gamecock Nation I apologize for Panterahead implying you are like the old Miami Hurricanes. They were thugs, you are not. But yes you are a bad ass.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #65
DJ35
4-Star

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

DJ is a BEAST period.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #66
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Holloman looked like a liability today. Had some very bad angles he took on some tackles and wiffed horribly.
Vic must've sneezed on him or something. This was not his greatest game.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #67
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

DJ reminds me so much of what Matt price was to the baseball team. HUGE confidence arrogance and swagger, and they back it up, which is so damn respectable.
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #68
mike1520
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2000
mike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt4Gov View Post
But he threw the ball in the stands. Who C-a-r-e-s, Who C-a-r-e-s !!!!

LMFAO
mike1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #69
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I'm glad DJ plays football

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:21 AM   #70
CockySwede
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 680
CockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his claws
Send a message via ICQ to CockySwede Send a message via AIM to CockySwede Send a message via MSN to CockySwede Send a message via Skype™ to CockySwede

Not my favourite but you gotta love a game like yesterday!!

CockySwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #71
Carolina_Gamecock
Walk On

Male

Carolina_Gamecock has earned his spursCarolina_Gamecock has earned his spursCarolina_Gamecock has earned his spursCarolina_Gamecock has earned his spursCarolina_Gamecock has earned his spursCarolina_Gamecock has earned his spurs

My fav is Lattimore but as far as pulse racing goes, I'ma have to give to Ace. He's had HUGE plays this season. ESPECIALLY against UGA on the punt return. Now if THAT didn't have your pulse racing idk what will lol.
Carolina_Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #72
ELCID14
Blue Chip

Male

ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Jimmy as well, both had bad games these last two weeks
Old 11-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #73
jfbreb94
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Latti wins every thing hands down . He is class. But Dj is a heck of a football player. Glad he plays for us.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #74
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post
Are you kidding me? You just proved you were either not alive in the 80s or not watching football in the 80s. No Gamecock fan would like the 1980s Hurricanes. None!! Serious bad blood between our squads back then. Almost as bad as saying you like Clemson.

DJ on behalf of Gamecock Nation I apologize for Panterahead implying you are like the old Miami Hurricanes. They were thugs, you are not. But yes you are a bad ass.
When did I ever say I liked them?
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #75
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

There is no such thing as a defenseless player in football. That hit was lean, mean, and on target- nothing pumps me up more.

All of these extra rules to take away the violence and tenacity in football are ruining the sport. You take a certain amount of risk playing football and if you can't accept it, then go play chess or golf.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #76
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
There is no such thing as a defenseless player in football. That hit was lean, mean, and on target- nothing pumps me up more.

All of these extra rules to take away the violence and tenacity in football are ruining the sport. You take a certain amount of risk playing football and if you can't accept it, then go play chess or golf.
My problem isn't so much that the rules overprotect. My problem is that they are SOOOOO inconsistent. The reason why is that it becomes more of a subjective call. The more judgement you give the refs, the worse the rule.

For example: DJ's hit wasn't all that bad, but he got flagged. Even the announcers said it looked like he hit him at the shoulders with his shoulders or something like that. It was just a clean hard hit. Meanwhile, Connor was hit above the shoulders after he had thrown a pass more than once. No call.

Then, in that TAMU/Bama game last night, I saw Bama get flagged for the same kind of penalty, and it was the correct call by the refs. The Bama player nearly decapitated that Swopes kid. He hopped right up, though, but still drew the flag. The problem was that a few plays later, one of Bama's receivers (Lacy) had his bell completely rung. He literally was knocked out for about a minute and down on the field. It happened in front of the ref, and he had to be helped off the field. I don't even know if he returned to the game. Was there a flag? NOPE.

That's my problem with this new "emphasis" on that rule. Please. They call it when they want to call it. SEC refs are a bunch of douche rockets anyway. No way they should be given any extra judgement to bestow. If anything, they need to "emphasize" holding. You know? That rule they don't enforce except after critical plays?

Exhibit A: the gang tackling that occurs every time Clowney tries to rush the QB.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #77
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

I've said this all season. DJ is the player that makes this defense go. They all feed off his intensity. When he's flying around lighting people up and his head starts bobbin', good luck scoring on us.
GamecockDad1531 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #78
Cuck Flemson
Super Moderator

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Bowl Winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winner of Segment 1 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 1710278
Cuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot material

My favorite is Rashod Faison. That guy was a baller. Love DJ 2.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #79
RphBallCoach
Blue Chip

Male

RphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervous

I think the refs were alittle shocked by how loud the booing was on the DJ hit call.... loved the kiss my ass throw into the student section.
RphBallCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #80
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Jasper Brinkley... Talk about a BAD ASS

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote