CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
thekob
Lonnie
COCKYTALKIN
garnet_black215
Master Bedroom
Captain9Dragons
ertman420
Gamecocks1137
CockyRyan
Clemson Recruiting.. (4444)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1803)
Hello Gamecocks! (717)
Marching band (654)
John Rocker at rock (644)
Section 16 (300)
Muschamp + fan = win (297)
Does anyone know how (231)
Good Article on Aubu (219)
SEC Recruiting Advan (217)
My predictions for 2014
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
An Aggies View of the Mat
Marching band
Nashville
John Rocker at rock botto
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
2015 Commitment - Marquav
2015 - Ty'Son Williams

Old 11-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #41
SirSpur05
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
SirSpur05 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: #71 for Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpoint Man View Post
No offense, but that's actually not bad. In fact, I'm rather certain they're taught to do that. It doesnt take a lot of time or effort for a DE (especially one of the caliber of JC) to get up and lay a hit on the QB. If the DE winds up on the ground, I'd get on top of him to keep him out of the play.

Now. If he was aiming at the knee, or drove his knee/shoulder into clowney, or something... that's dirty. Laying on a dude to keep him out of a play? Smart.
I'm certain if anyone is taught to do that the DL Coach needs to be fired.
SirSpur05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #42
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSpur05 View Post
I'm certain if anyone is taught to do that the DL Coach needs to be fired.
Firstly he was the offensive lineman so it would be the OL coach, secondly it is the correct play. Whenever you're blocking a player if he goes down you fall on top of him to prevent him from getting to the player whom you are protecting. While I disagree with the outright tackles from behind and obligatory holding, there was absolutely nothing wrong with this particular play. If we're going to call foul, at least make it on a foul play.
Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #43
GoonSquad
Recruitnik

Male

CockyCash: 21400
GoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddot8481 View Post
Firstly he was the offensive lineman so it would be the OL coach, secondly it is the correct play. Whenever you're blocking a player if he goes down you fall on top of him to prevent him from getting to the player whom you are protecting. While I disagree with the outright tackles from behind and obligatory holding, there was absolutely nothing wrong with this particular play. If we're going to call foul, at least make it on a foul play.
This. Our OL is taught to do the same thing. Bad example, but yes, Peacock was being a punk the entire game.
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #44
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

This guy may have been a punk the entire game, but there is nothing wrong with the play in the video. If you watch the play, he has no idea that that QB is down. He is doing exactly what he should do and this is keeping JC from getting back up.

Sorry for all of you that don't see it, but there is nothing wrong with that play IMO.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #45
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

i think he is also the same guy that dove across a pile early in the game and then got wore out by kelcy after 71 initiated the late contact by acting like an idiot and diving in late...he then got up whining to the ref because he got his butt handed to him when he caused it all in the first place.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:12 AM   #46
gohogs14
Walk On

Male

gohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spurs

Well hes the one that got arrested for using a stolen credit card during the summer...he sucks. I dont even like him as an arkansas fan
Old 11-11-2012, 05:01 AM   #47
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

There was one play in particular where #71 fell on top of Clowney after the whistle and proceeded to grind his entire body weight up and down on him in a forceful manner.

Are we sure he hasn't ever done any jail time? Looked like he was wanting something from Clowney that I'm sure Clowney was not interested in providing.

Like I said...twat...waffle.
GDub2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #48
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Is he the same guy that Clowney destroyed on the play last year when he hit him so hard it lifted him off the ground and onto his back?
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #49
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

No that was Vic Ballard at Miss State.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #50
Schark
Recruit

Male

Schark is making other chickens nervousSchark is making other chickens nervousSchark is making other chickens nervousSchark is making other chickens nervousSchark is making other chickens nervousSchark is making other chickens nervousSchark is making other chickens nervous

Anyone have the video for when Clowney sacked Wilson and he jumped and and started barking something at Wilson? Clowney was FIRED UP. I have no idea what he was saying but it was awesome!
Schark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #51
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

SEC officials can't see everything, I get that but I wish they would see something, sometime!
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #52
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Holding has rarely been called vs Clowney this year. Reminds me of the Shrine Bowl where the refs gave up and let NC tackles/DL hold him at will, sometimes 2 at a time. Not sure why the SEC is allowing this garbage but it does make us conspiracy theorists think. There's another play in the arky game where Clowney is on the ground after a sack and an OL dives into his back. Classless punks. Wish we'd had kept the starters in and the foot on the gas in this game and throttled them.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #53
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
It wasn't just the holding, he intentionally tried to take out Jadeveon's knee(s) after a play was over in the 3rd quarter.
I saw that too and I was furious, that was a blatant attempt to injure a player and I hope someone at the SEC is made aware of it. I couldn't believe the ref didn't see it. I know he would have gotten penalized but I wouldn't have blamed Clowney if he had kicked that bastard in the head while he was down.

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
GTjacketcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #54
RphBallCoach
Blue Chip

Male

RphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervous

The guy is a dirtbagion dirtbag... i was hoping someone would take him out.
RphBallCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #55
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schark View Post
Anyone have the video for when Clowney sacked Wilson and he jumped and and started barking something at Wilson? Clowney was FIRED UP. I have no idea what he was saying but it was awesome!
GDub2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #56
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

The dude went after the back of Clowneys knees on one play. Really scary that he was intentionally trying to hurt someone like that.
USCBASEBALL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #57
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Again, it wasn't the holding .. It was blatantly trying to take out our best player after a play was over. It was blatant and I think the fans that saw it would agree. Absolutely pathetic.

I don't get mad too often about player behavior but this one really makes me angry.
Saw it too. 75k were about to destroy that POS.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #58
Clemsux182
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
Clemsux182 has hatched from the shell

Was rewatching game and got on CT just to post something about this kid. Holding and douching to almost our whole D. Classless.
Clemsux182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #59
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDub2001 View Post
This picture captures the moment perfectly:
Attached Images

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
GTjacketcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #60
Beebop
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 550
Beebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudly

Can ANYONE define "Holding" for me please???

Definition: A foul in which an offensive player keeps a defender from advancing by grasping him with his hands or arms. Offensive linemen are allowed to use their hands as long as they keep them to the inside of a defenders body, but if they get to the outside of the defender's body, it is a penalty.

Evidently this is an incorrect statement! Anyone with clarification? I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!