CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
Kyle76
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
garnet_black215
The Demise of the 3- (2222)
East Carolina Predic (1468)
Why didn't Wes Green (1166)
A&M on 3rd down (569)
You guys are horribl (566)
Did we ever go after (517)
Finally Cooled Off (473)
louisville (414)
It's the offenses no (382)
MLS almost ready for (226)
whats up with Mike?
Name a Gamecock
Uniform thread
Watching the Georgia game
All of our defensive play
East Carolina Prediction
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Tanner McEvoy should've s
louisville
What would be your defini

Old 11-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #161
espn4lyf
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10136
espn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bowl Projections

Doesnt GA and Clemson start next years schedule
Old 11-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #162
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn4lyf View Post
Doesnt GA and Clemson start next years schedule
Yes, they play at Clemson I think.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #163
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

We stay at #12 in AP poll.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #164
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Here is mine:

Sugar Bowl: Alabama
BCS At-Large Bowl (Fiesta/Orange): Georgia (I am assuming FSU beats Florida and Georgia loses a close SECCG)
Capital One: Florida
Cotton: Texas aTm (huge boner opportunity here for this bowl with a Texas matchup)
Outback: LSU
Peach: South Carolina
Gator: Miss State

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #165
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I have feeling that A&M will leap us and we will fall to #9 in the BCS
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #166
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post

We have very similar resumes...

Both lost to Florida and LSU (Their losses were at home)

We beat #5 Georgia, they beat #1 Bama(On the road)

Depends on the computers, but you know the pollsters will move them up a good bit.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #167
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...n-kansas-state

They have us in the Chick Fil A vs Miami. I don't see that happening, unless we lose to Clemson, which I don't think will happen.

Personally, I'd be OK with the Outback vs Michigan
I think Tampa still hates us.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #168
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL COCK 31 View Post
Here's my 2 cents on how things play out:
Florida looks like they'll lose to FSU... 10-2
UGA loses to Bama... 11-2
LSU wins out........ 10-2
A&M wins out.... 10-2
Cocks beat Wofford and that other school from the upstate.... 10-2

With those results the "SEC power rankings" would be:
1-Bama
2- LSU, A&M, USC- because all finished strong
5- UGA- coming off a fresh loss
6- Florida- looked bad against Mizzou and UL-Laf and a loss to FSU
(Just how I think these teams will be looked at)

Sugar Bowl gets Bama
Fiesta probably picks LSU
Cotton Bowl falls all over themselves to take A&M
Cap One loves us after last year and takes USC
Outback doesn't want UGA again and takes Florida
Chick Fil A could preview next years kick off game by putting UGA against Clemson

It probably won't work out so favorably for us but we'll see.
I think this is a pretty accurate prediction/assessment of where SEC teams will go.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #169
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think Tampa still hates us.

I kinda think they will try to avoid taking us or UGA this year....

If I was to have a crystal ball:

UGA in the Sugar
Bama in the Fiesta
LSU in the Cap-1
Texas A&M in the Cotton
Florida in the Outback
Miss State in the CFA (If Clemson is the opponent, if not.. we land here)
Carolina in the Gator (If Clemson is in the CFA)
Old 11-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #170
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post

UGA in the Sugar
Bama in the Fiesta
LSU in the Cap-1
Texas A&M in the Cotton
Florida in the Outback
You think UGA beats Bama?

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #171
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
We have played fairly even schedule as Aggies...they have played, Florida, LSU, Alabama, Arky, Missouri, Auburn, Miss St., and Miss.....but we played Georgia, where they played Alabama......the bottom of their schedule is better than the bottom of ours: Tenn, Vandy and UK.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #172
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:

UGA in the Sugar
Bama in the Fiesta
LSU in the Cap-1
Texas A&M in the Cotton
Florida in the Outback
Georgia doesn't have a "Johnny football"......Alabama matches up much better against Georgia than Aggies.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #173
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

Not going to lie, I'll be disappointed of we fall to the Gator...

I know if it isn't BCS it's all the same, but it is the perception.
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #174
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
You think UGA beats Bama?
Right now, and with the game being in Atlanta... I do
Old 11-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #175
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Georgia doesn't have a "Johnny football"......Alabama matches up much better against Georgia than Aggies.
No, but Alabama could easily be 8-2 right now, if it wasn't for Les Miles being his typical dumbased self...
Old 11-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #176
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

i'd like to see notre dame lose and somehow play them in a bowl even though it probably couldnt happen
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #177
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteven34 View Post
Not going to lie, I'll be disappointed of we fall to the Gator...

I know if it isn't BCS it's all the same, but it is the perception.
Me too....6 SEC teams in the top 12. No Big 10 team in the top 15.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #178
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:
No, but Alabama could easily be 8-2 right now, if it wasn't for Les Miles being his typical dumbased self...
I actually thought that the Bama v. UGA was going to be a decent matchup, but Bama will now be laser focused on the SEC Championship Game after losing to aTm. Saban's practices will be brutal til they get to Atlanta. Bama and the Dawgs play a similar type of offense but Bama has better athletes and linemen across the board and Georgia does not have a difference maker like Johnny Football. Saban and Co. will get a lot of mileage out of the Carolina v. UGA game film and Mike Bobo's play calling will suck as usual. Expect a Murray sackfest and a few picks, as well as Bama to run Lacy and their other stud backs right at Jarvis Jones and Geogia's fat/slow three man front. Every Carolina fan should be pulling against the Dawgs to improve our odds of a good bowl game.
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #179
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...ions-week-12-2

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc

...So they have us in the Chick Fil A vs Miami.

Not bad. It would be a pretty good game, and an easy trip.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #180
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

we would murder miami

and miami would bring about 12 people to the game