CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
elcid99
sporkgod50
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
auslander
conwaycock2
M.C.
davisd9
75CarolinaFan
catdaddy66
My predictions for 2 (942)
An Aggies View of th (915)
Tennessee (582)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (502)
Elcid99 (428)
Question on Student (415)
Clowney in Practice (375)
SEC Recruiting Advan (369)
Erin Murray's brothe (351)
Camp scheduled relea (300)
Elcid99
Tennessee
Mike Davis' HS Coach on H
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
An Aggies View of the Mat
DirecTV
2015 Commitment - Davon D
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Question on Student Secti
Camp scheduled released

Old 11-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #21
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material
Default Re: DJ out next week?

The SEC hasn't suspended anyone in since early in the year for that BS. I think it was just a show and we got caught up in it. But then again the SEC does hate us.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #22
kidrobinski
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1320
kidrobinski is sharpening his clawskidrobinski is sharpening his clawskidrobinski is sharpening his clawskidrobinski is sharpening his claws

This may be the one that has the exact opposite effect. They will see that while the rule is noble in intent, it's simply not something that's truly workable; things happen too fast, as evidenced by DJ's hit. Its another one of those rules they put in for a current popular or politically correct issue, ultimately see that its just not feasible (this IS football after all), and it will be quietly rescinded in the offseason.

Its like saying you can't throw inside in baseball.
kidrobinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #23
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

he better not be. why do they always bs call us?
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #24
BCWriter
Syvelle's Biggest Fan

Male

BCWriter has earned his spursBCWriter has earned his spursBCWriter has earned his spursBCWriter has earned his spursBCWriter has earned his spursBCWriter has earned his spurs

I'd hate to see DJ miss Senior Day against Wofford because of a good, clean hit.
BCWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #25
LongTimeCock
Walk On

Male

LongTimeCock has hatched from the shell

No telling what the SEC will do.
LongTimeCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #26
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

A look at the film will probably absolve Swearinger. Tough, jarring hit, but not above the shoulders and not with helmet.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #27
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

It was a shoulder to chest hit, it just looked a lot worse then it was. He will be fine.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #28
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

What the SEC shoul review is how many times Clowney et al get held every week without penalties being called. Hell, Clowney might as well wear a saddle to make it easier for them to ride him.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #29
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

That roughing call was also completly uncalled for as yazoo said. Who the hell calls that? Especially when the ref was standing right there to see how it went down
Old 11-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #30
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

The announcers on TV even said it was a clean hit and the ref made a bad call.

And I have to add that I didn't like the football being thrown into the crowd. Was he being arrogant, or got caught up in the moment. Whatever the reason was it shouldn't have happened. I wonder if SOS will say anything to him about that.

Last edited by MEL; 11-11-2012 at 07:59 PM.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #31
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

WTF!!!!

STOP MAKING THESE THREADS!!!! NOW THE SEC IS GOING TO SEE IT!

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #32
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Coach said on TV show today, clean hit, no problems.
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #33
usc52
Workaholic

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to usc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet
WTF!!!!

STOP MAKING THESE THREADS!!!! NOW THE SEC IS GOING TO SEE IT!

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
usc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #34
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
That roughing call was also completly uncalled for as yazoo said. Who the hell calls that? Especially when the ref was standing right there to see how it went down
Doesn't matter how hard Clowney hit him. He was far enough away that he didn't have to touch him but he made a point of running into him. If you don't want the call don't touch the QB in that situation. Simple as that.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #35
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post

And I have to add that I didn't like the football being thrown into the crowd. Was he being arrogant, or got caught up in the moment. Whatever the reason was it shouldn't have happened. I wonder if SOS will say anything to him about that.
That was not unsportsmanlike. All he was doing was rewarding the students that stayed after halftime.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #36
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4500
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:

If SOS holds true to form, he'll tell DJ that he was going to give him a game ball but he threw it away
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #37
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

I think my biggest problem with the penalty on that hit was that the receiver wasn't even defenseless. The dude took several steps and lowered his head.

Piss poor call on that one.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #38
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:

In the post game interview, answering the wonderful Josh Kendall's question, Spurrier said it was unacceptable but he understood why DJ did it.

Ward stated DJ would be punished.

DJ stated he expected the punishment to be two half gassers at practice on Monday. He looked at the reporter and said, "We may run more than that" Then, he got a little smile on his face as if he likes half gassers.

Watch DJ video at around the 4:19 mark.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #39
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Well, I'm actually glad to see it because he scored a TD and the penalty only got Arky 1 yard (Ball on the 26).

I think he was caught up in the moment too. If I would have been called on a penalty to give the opponents 15 yards and then take one to the house to make up for it, yeah I would have done the same.

I just wish I could have been that lucky fan to have caught his pass in the stands and leave with a nice souvenir.

Also I think it was Kenny or Sidney who threw a ball into the stands and coach replied after the game "Well I was going to give him a game ball, but he threw it into the stands"
Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #40
davisd9
4-Star

Male

davisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talons

The refs were clowns anyway. They called the horse collar on #12, Brison Williams, when it was DJ. You can clearly see Brison cleanly tackles from the the front and DJ pulls him down from the collar in the back. Nothing against DJ and he is one of my favorite players but a penalty is a penalty and he horse collared. The big hit he layed on the next play was a BS call. It was clean and I am glad he ran the next one back on them!
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote