CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
cocky0
gamecockgal
Spurticus
U-Dub Gamecock
JaxcockFL
b381l
75CarolinaFan
robgusc76
2000grad
JohnnyB21
Lattimore Sidelined (1854)
Gurley or Davis (1761)
Steve Spurrier - Say (1251)
A house just blew up (653)
South Carolina Footb (556)
Marines confront fak (399)
Man Murders neighbor (280)
Gators brag on Clown (252)
Ryan Wood leaving P& (222)
Predict TAMU 2014 (163)
Southern Miss player char
Gators brag on Clowney
Predict TAMU 2014
Signee James Thompson arr
Minda Kacinas Q&A - G
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
2015 - Dallas Warmack - A
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Green and Lammons
Need 4 Tickets for UGA GA

Old 11-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material
Default Lander Mens Soccer 6 in the nation, to host national tour..

Well Im done because of injuries but my boys are doing it big this weekend, we have 3 french players on the team that are straight ballers.

If you are a soccer fan, you should come to Greenwood, is gone be intense.

Ill be there, GO BEARCATS

http://www.landerbearcats.com/sports...20121105s9itth

GREENWOOD - The sixth-ranked Lander men's soccer team earned the No. 1 seed in the NCAA Division II Southeast Regional Tournament this weekend and will host two other teams as part of the 35-team national tournament. (NCAA Tournament Bracket | Game Program)

Lander (12-2-2) earned a first-round bye and will play the winner of No. 4 Wingate (10-5-1)/No. 5 Montevallo (13-4-2) at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, at the Jeff May Complex. Wingate will face Montevallo at 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 9 at the May Complex.
General admission is $5, students and senior citizens $3, and children under six free.

Friday, Nov. 9
7 p.m. - No. 4 Wingate vs. No. 5 Montevallo (Box Score |Live Stats | Videostream)

Sunday, Nov. 11
2 p.m. - No. 1 Lander vs. Wingate/Montevallo winner (Box Score | Live Stats | Videostream)

In the other half of the bracket, hosted by second-seeded Flagler in St. Augustine, Fla., third-seeded Mars Hill (14-2-3) will play sixth-seeded UNC Pembroke (11-5-1) at 7 p.m., Thursday. The Mars Hill/UNCP winner will take on Flagler (10-4-3) at 7 p.m. Saturday.
The two bracket winners will face off on Nov. 15 or 16 at the home of the higher seed.

The NCAA championship semifinals and finals will be played Nov. 29 - Dec. 1 at Blanchard Woods Park in Evans, Ga. and will be hosted by the Peach Belt Conference.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
GamecockGuardsman
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPit
Default Re: Lander Mens Soccer 6 in the nation, to host national tour..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
Well Im done because of injuries but my boys are doing it big this weekend, we have 3 french players on the team that are straight ballers.

If you are a soccer fan, you should come to Greenwood, is gone be intense.

Ill be there, GO BEARCATS

http://www.landerbearcats.com/sports...20121105s9itth

GREENWOOD - The sixth-ranked Lander men's soccer team earned the No. 1 seed in the NCAA Division II Southeast Regional Tournament this weekend and will host two other teams as part of the 35-team national tournament. (NCAA Tournament Bracket | Game Program)

Lander (12-2-2) earned a first-round bye and will play the winner of No. 4 Wingate (10-5-1)/No. 5 Montevallo (13-4-2) at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, at the Jeff May Complex. Wingate will face Montevallo at 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 9 at the May Complex.
General admission is $5, students and senior citizens $3, and children under six free.

Friday, Nov. 9
7 p.m. - No. 4 Wingate vs. No. 5 Montevallo (Box Score |Live Stats | Videostream)

Sunday, Nov. 11
2 p.m. - No. 1 Lander vs. Wingate/Montevallo winner (Box Score | Live Stats | Videostream)

In the other half of the bracket, hosted by second-seeded Flagler in St. Augustine, Fla., third-seeded Mars Hill (14-2-3) will play sixth-seeded UNC Pembroke (11-5-1) at 7 p.m., Thursday. The Mars Hill/UNCP winner will take on Flagler (10-4-3) at 7 p.m. Saturday.
The two bracket winners will face off on Nov. 15 or 16 at the home of the higher seed.

The NCAA championship semifinals and finals will be played Nov. 29 - Dec. 1 at Blanchard Woods Park in Evans, Ga. and will be hosted by the Peach Belt Conference.

Went to Lander for a year....its great to see them doing well in some sports
Old 11-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

I had a huge problem with "your boys" year. Had to break up a fight and one of your french players decided to cuss me out. Soccer has to be the most drama filled sport on the planet.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Lander used to be an absolute powerhouse in tennis about 15-20 years ago. Won something like 8 straight national titles.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
I had a huge problem with "your boys" year. Had to break up a fight and one of your french players decided to cuss me out. Soccer has to be the most drama filled sport on the planet.
idk what u talking about but the frenchies are good players and they are nice people too, the british in the other hand...

most of the british players hated me but thats another story...

this Lander team is legit, they have a lot of talent, wish we still had Zack Acree, anyway, hoping they wont choke this weekend, all 5 players in the picture are legit, the 2 English dudes can ball too.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockGuardsman View Post
Went to Lander for a year....its great to see them doing well in some sports
softball and volleyball are the ones struggling.

our Basketball team did good last year, womens were elite 8 in the ncaa tournament, they were ranked # 1 in the nation at some point.

Mens Tennis is usually top 10 in the nation, and yes they were dominant a awhile a go, I think they have about 10 national championships.

Lander Baseball was really good last year, I worked in most of their games, they almost make it to the national tournament.

Soccer is always good here but they choke when it counts but this year seem to be the year to make some noise nationally.

With the talent we have, we should make it far, but is not always about the talent... it takes more than that to win a national championship but they are still good as f... and its fun to watch them play, the only starter they missed from las year is Acree (from Irmo) who I think is trying to go pro.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
idk what u talking about but the frenchies are good players and they are nice people too, the british in the other hand...

most of the british players hated me but thats another story...

this Lander team is legit, they have a lot of talent, wish we still had Zack Acree, anyway, hoping they wont choke this weekend, all 5 players in the picture are legit, the 2 English dudes can ball too.

I never said they werent good. And they maybe nice people, but i was staring homeboy in the eyes when he dropped a couple f-bombs on me. Soccer players are all drama. Have a problem every game.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
I never said they werent good. And they maybe nice people, but i was staring homeboy in the eyes when he dropped a couple f-bombs on me. Soccer players are all drama. Have a problem every game.
its prob the heat of the game, all athletes try to be nice people but once you are on the field, its all about winning...

Old 11-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Kaka, I didn't know you are a Bearcat. That's my alma mater for my undergraduate degree. I'm a Bearcats' (Lander - bachelor's 2009), Eagles' (Winthrop - master's 2012), and, of course, Gamecocks' (lifetime and current doctoral work) fan.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #10
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

How long have you been at Lander? The only soccer player I was ever friends with was a guy named Sammy Beydoun, but that was three years ago.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #11
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
How long have you been at Lander? The only soccer player I was ever friends with was a guy named Sammy Beydoun, but that was three years ago.
i came to lander in 2010, i've seen sam, he is french, I think he is gone now.

we lost today... too much talent but...

for respect to my former coach, i will leave it there, cant wait to start coaching myself, so I can back up my words.

I should be graduating in may with a mass comm degree, I may try to coach in college, it depends of the opportunity that comes out, or maybe club.