CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Spurrier_Superior_On
18IsTheMan
b381l
Order 66
catdaddy66
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
cockyguitar
NinjaSven
Looking ahead to UGA (3374)
My Observations Abou (2886)
Gurley lined up to t (1568)
Who else wants to se (1451)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (1102)
How far do we fall.. (1096)
Shaq Roland (1055)
I Am Ashamed (1040)
Shon Carson at KR (864)
Time to quit crying. (651)
Kevin Sumlin Thoughts.
My Observations About USC
Who else wants to see Con
How far do we fall...
Signee James Thompson arr
Confused fan here. Why i
Looking ahead to UGA
Should be interesting in
I Am Ashamed
Seems like a lot of troll

Old 11-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #41
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: Stadium Renovation!

Even Washington is getting a complete overhaul.

Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 AM   #42
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
Am I the only one bothered by the two big issues being bathrooms and concessions? I guess in a twisted sorta of way they are connected. As long as we don't confuse what we do when we visit them.
Well there is a fair amount of drinking that takes place in the bathroom. Maybe people want an express lane from the concession stand to a stall where they mix their drinks.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #43
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I demand USC install a moat around the stadium. Gotta outdo Baylor
Moat hell....I want a river. There's one about a mile a away. This is the funniest thread I've seen in a long time. Of course, it's the same people giving $50 per year that want the school to spend $100 million.

b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #44
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

CockyCash: 200
gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Moat hell....I want a river. There's one about a mile a away. This is the funniest thread I've seen in a long time. Of course, it's the same people giving $50 per year that want the school to spend $100 million.

Or none at all. Money grows on trees until you're the one supplying it. Such is the outlook of teenagers and those who think they still are. No offense to teenagers - it's just a phase of growing up.

I agree with most folks' necessity list: Update/modernize/expand the bathrooms, and improve concessions and the concourses.

My nice-to-haves include replacing the bleacher seating with theater seats and exterior facade improvement - in that order.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #45
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Do not expect any major renovations for the next 3-4 years, other than some minor landscaping, and remodeling the concession areas.

Expansion will not happen anytime soon. The Video Board is occupying what was basically the only space available for expansion.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:18 AM   #46
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post

Y'all are taking everything way out of context and doing so deliberately to be a quick laugh out of other posters. All I said was we need to KEEP making improvements. ONCE AGAIN! I never said anything about putting a damn river next to the stadium or expanding! I was just showing how nice of a stadium BAYLOR out of all schools is getting.

and by the way it would only cost ruffly around 800,000 to update the stadium. Take notice of University of California and what they are doing.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #47
woodscock
Blue Chip

Male

woodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster2112 View Post
ATM and LSU's fans aren't leaving at the beginning of the 3rd quarter against a team that they haven't beaten in 3 years.
Did You watch LSU/Miss State last night? The LSU stadium was empty at the start of the fourth qtr. The announcers on ESPN talked about it and the camera panned an almost empty stadium.
woodscock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #48
clemsux614
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
clemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
The stadium is light years ahead of what it used to be not so long ago so let's not knock it. It's finally eye pleasing with color that it NEVER had before. We don't need to expand the seating, other priorities. We need an indoor practice facility. That would be number 1 on my list.
We have an indoor practice facility!!
clemsux614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:19 AM   #49
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsux614 View Post
We have an indoor practice facility!!
Yes, but it is very old. It is not a full 100 yard field. It is two 50 yard fields beside each other separated by a wall. A brand new indoor facility is in the "Master Plan" and it looks awesome.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:34 AM   #50
BleedsGarnet
4-Star

Male

BleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spurs

Just sayin, in 10 years we should build another stadium entirely. The projected growth for the state, and the school is beginning to skyrocket. 2 more years in California and New york, people are going to start flooding this state.
BleedsGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 AM   #51
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Y'all are taking everything way out of context and doing so deliberately to be a quick laugh out of other posters. All I said was we need to KEEP making improvements. ONCE AGAIN! I never said anything about putting a damn river next to the stadium or expanding! I was just showing how nice of a stadium BAYLOR out of all schools is getting.

and by the way it would only cost ruffly around 800,000 to update the stadium. Take notice of University of California and what they are doing.
To do those things you listed earlier would easily cost more than 800 grand.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:16 AM   #52
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Why wouldn't anybody want to see Williams Brice Bricked instead of being painted is beyond me. Look at Miss State's rendering, Construction starts after this season.

Last edited by Carolina4Life; 11-12-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #53
Cockyhouston97
Walk On

Male

Cockyhouston97 has hatched from the shell

One option would be to make the best of Williams-Bryce for the next ten years upgrading the appearance, concessions, and bathrooms and then build a new 100K capacity stadium in the area bound by the RR tracks to the West, Assembly to the East, Greene to the North and Blossom to the South, tearing town Carolina Coliseum. I believe there is enough room for a stadium, tailgate area, and practice facility all on-campus. The University owns most of that land already. It will be mega-expensive, but they can start getting the remaining land in the area and planning for it now. As it has been pointed out the University and state of South Carolina will continue to grow. I don't think Williams-Bryce will remain the best option forever, given that it is off-campus and can not be easily expanded further. For that reason I would minimize the expense on the new practice facility and save funds for an eventual relocation. Probably won't happen but it definitely won't if it is not in the long-range plan.
Cockyhouston97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #54
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Fix the bathrooms and the concessions. That is upkeep. No more structural improvements. The economy sucks. Going into further debt by a State government is stupid.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #55
Todescock
4-Star

Male

Todescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyhouston97 View Post
One option would be to make the best of Williams-Bryce for the next ten years upgrading the appearance, concessions, and bathrooms and then build a new 100K capacity stadium in the area bound by the RR tracks to the West, Assembly to the East, Greene to the North and Blossom to the South, tearing town Carolina Coliseum. I believe there is enough room for a stadium, tailgate area, and practice facility all on-campus. The University owns most of that land already. It will be mega-expensive, but they can start getting the remaining land in the area and planning for it now. As it has been pointed out the University and state of South Carolina will continue to grow. I don't think Williams-Bryce will remain the best option forever, given that it is off-campus and can not be easily expanded further. For that reason I would minimize the expense on the new practice facility and save funds for an eventual relocation. Probably won't happen but it definitely won't if it is not in the long-range plan.
The tailgating setup for Williams brice is one of the nicest tailgating areas you can find. The reason for this is that it is not on campus. Move the stadium and you have a cluster f*** to tailgate in. Willyb is fine update the bathrooms and continue updating the area around the stadium.
Todescock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #56
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
The university is the government.

its not the federal government and the athletic department is a completely different budget than the university budget.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #57
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post

Just step up like Mr. McClane did and I'm sure we can build a 45000 seat stadium just like Baylor's.

What is your 800k estimate based on?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #58
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyhouston97 View Post
There are three or four schools housed in the Coliseum, so tearing it down would leave all those programs without a home. Also all that parking you are trying to take up it's probably the most vital parking on campus with maybe the exception of Bull Street garage. This just isn't a possibility. If it was going to go anywhere on campus it probably should have gone where the new Athletic Village/the Dodie is. But it's fine where it is with just some upgrades within a few years
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #59
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

holy misleading thread title batman
Old 11-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #60
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Tearing down WB would be redundant IMO because it can still be updated..

Is there stuff to do? Yes. Will it get done? Almost undoubtedly, but we can't do EVERYTHING all at once.