CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
5lbYardcock
The Yancey
18IsTheMan
GH
conwaycock2
StormOfTalons
ecugrad
evan_aggie
What changes can and (2367)
Gamecock football Lo (2043)
Shaw: Check Out This (1893)
Mike Davis "dou (1731)
Gamecocks claimed an (1402)
Gamecocks D staff re (1147)
who thinks we need a (960)
The Demise of the 3- (831)
Pirate Depth Chart (786)
Past SEC Champions w (593)
Playstation 4
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
SOS Teleconference
What's your take on our a
Labor Day Weekend Eats
Pirate Depth Chart
Why didn't Wes Green play
Do we have any shot again
What would be your defini
It's the offenses not the

Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #81
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 21358950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Shaw & Mike Davis

If you're a fan who wants to revel in great stats and no substance, there's a team in Pickens that gives away free tickets at Bi-Lo. Please, have at it.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #82
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
I disagree about your assessment of the running game. We don't need to be running out of shotgun anymore.. It's not working and part of the reason holes aren't opening up. From the little bit we have run out of traditional running formations (the I, off set I, single back) we have been successful. In fact the O line looks pretty good when running off tackle or with a pulling guard. We could be more successful if we keep up that kind of play calling for the run game.
Go study this clip.

Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #83
WestAshleyCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
WestAshleyCock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Not overlooking Kenny Miles one bit but looking ahead to next season, Mike Davis looks very promising. He had his best game yet from what I could tell, showed some nifty speed and quickness. A year of S&C and he could be a bowling ball. With Wilds and Davis in the backfield looks like we will be well stocked.
Let's not forget that Carson will be back next year as well and Wild will be back in the lineup too. Definitely no shortage of talent in the RB spot for next year.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
-Thomas Jefferson
WestAshleyCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #84
WestAshleyCock
Walk On

Male

WestAshleyCock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Go study this clip.

Take that vulgar music off of it and I will. You think for one minute Marcus would approve of a highlight video of him with that filth as the background track?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
-Thomas Jefferson
WestAshleyCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #85
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestAshleyCock View Post
Take that vulgar music off of it and I will. You think for one minute Marcus would approve of a highlight video of him with that filth as the background track?
Turn the sound off.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #86
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
Yes but even when you take into consideration that he missed 1 1/2 games he has the fewest att of all of them. The only one that comes close is Driskel.
I would hardly believe that it's a lack of sampling during this year. Those 1 and 1/2 games were against UAB and ECU, which would NOT have brought his passing efficiency numbers down versus games like LSU and FLA.

If anything, we have a conservative estimate on Connor's PE.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #87
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Go study this clip.

2 yr old game film. I was talking about this year. I still stand by my statement.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #88
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
2 yr old game film. I was talking about this year. I still stand by my statement.
Which means you don't understand the Xs and Os of football. The single back formations are part of the zone blocking schemes...that's what you see in that "old" film. Changing to the I formation isn't going to solve the fundamental problem of trying to run the ball v. athletic and fast defenses...go review the Bama v. LSU & TAMU games. Was Bama dominant on the LOS with their great OL?
Some NFL teams are running the zone blocking effectively...Skins and Houston are 2.....we have to continue to grow up our OL guys and get smarter with our schemes. Zone blocking works if done right with the right guys....that "old" film shows it clearly.

People just don't understand that Nunn, Watkins, Johnson, Chisolm, and Eckerson was a good run blocking OL with 4 of those guys upperclassmen. We have not had a run blocking OL as good as that group...this was all on Shawn Elliott...he's the one who picked them and found Garrett Chisolm. He is one of the best OL coaches around but people have short memories.

We have to get smarter with our running game and don't forget we are at our best with a big back driving the pile and wearing down a defense. LSU showed us how it's done....but even they lost to Bama, who lost to TAMU, who lost to UF and LSU. We play in the SEC...the toughest conference in the nation and by and far the toughest conference to run the ball in.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #89
JQ94
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
JQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyhard View Post
He is doing whats asked of him at the moment... plus We have become a TE oriented offense... Its working ...
You know, most post-game interviews with Spurrier he said "I thought we could hit a gy deep but we dumped it off and..."or 'I guess he saw something I didn't"

I've heard that a bit, Shaw isn't All-SEC caliber, and he might not start anywhere else but maybe Auburn this year. I wish him luck and hope he can really take the mantle and prove the doubters wrong, so far he's had one great game and a bunch of at least he didn't lose us the game, types of games. Am I the only one sick and tired of a sub-par Qb and OL holding us back? Mangus is a great recruiter, but I stand by my statement that I question his QB coach ability...Garcia and Shaw both struggle with the exact same things on the field, the one difference Shaw doesn't try to force the frozen rope passes as often, but he wants to run quicker. Elliot, imho should get next year before we start calling for his head. it takes alot more to build an SEC caliber line than it does an SEC caliber WR corps. I like his fire but by no means am I going to say "HE'S AWESOME!"

GO Cocks.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #90
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

We're 8 and 2. Is this what winning does? Wow, I always wondered why so many Georgia fans kept wanting to can their Coach year after year. I thought most Gamecocks fans, fans who'd stuck with our team during some rather lean years (0-11), were above all this. Apparently not. A burn down the house thread such as this certainly won't help recruiting.
BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #91
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post
We're 8 and 2. Is this what winning does? Wow, I always wondered why so many Georgia fans kept wanting to can their Coach year after year. I thought most Gamecocks fans, fans who'd stuck with our team during some rather lean years (0-11), were above all this. Apparently not. A burn down the house thread such as this certainly won't help recruiting.
This is what happens when you win. Spurrier raised the expectations.

It also doesn't help that the team didn't play to its potential in 2 of the 3 games that actually meant something this year.

That is where my frustration lies. Quit playing like shit when there is a ton on the line. If you play a good game and still lose, fine. But getting our ass kicked like @UF is inexcusable.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #92
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 476000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Wait a minute... Consider these things...
First We are putting double digit winning seasons together... When did that happen last??? Like never.

Second I for one am proud of this team and where they have taken us as fans. We have never had this much success. At least not in my 60 years.

Third look at the schedule next year. It will be another banner year. We will beat Clemscum for the fifth year in a row ( Yes, we will win this year ).

Forth as a business man, I would never consider firing a manager (or managing team) who has had this much success tuning aroud a losing office. And face it. Before this coaching staff we were mediocre at best .

PLEASE PLEASE JUST ENJOY IT
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #93
JQ94
4-Star

Male

JQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talons

I don't believe on moral victories either you're a champion or nothing.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #94
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ94 View Post
I don't believe on moral victories either you're a champion or nothing.
Well then you are nothing. Now move on.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #95
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
The problem is: by the time we find out he can't do it at UGA, another season's expectations are down the toilet.
Really? Connor played well on the road LY at MSU, TN and in the bowl game against Nebraska.

And, do you really think that we would be better served to start a FR or RS FR at QB in the second game of the season in Athens?

Last edited by SwimCock; 11-12-2012 at 03:55 PM.
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #96
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
Really? Connor played well on the road LY at MSU, TN and in the bowl game against Nebraska.
Not really. He scored like 1 TD in each of those SEC games. Played pretty well vs Nebraska, but that's not a true road game and the Big Ten is bad.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #97
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
Last year at MSU he threw two ints with a pick and his longest pass was 19 yards. I don't rem,ever him playing well at all that game.

At UT he had 87 yards thru 4 quarters a td and an int. not good either.

And the bowl game was neutral site game
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #98
JQ94
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Well then you are nothing. Now move on.

Youd be wrong on many accounts, I have numerous trophies and awards for my endeavors. All top in my field
Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #99
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Youd be wrong on many accounts, I have numerous trophies and awards for my endeavors. All top in my field
We're impressed...

Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #100
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I meant then move on as a SC fan. SC is not going to be a champion this year and hasn't been a Champion in the past. So from your "all or nothing" attitude, I would say you should just move on. Because you are definitely "nothing" as a SC fan from your own attitude. Why would you pull for a complete loser like SC???
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote