CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NineInchSpurs
WeStill0wnUSC
Badazcock
Pty23
rabid cock
markymark550
Goofyboy
2000grad
ReadR00ster
Rebel4ever
Well, as it turns ou (2366)
Luginbill says ECU s (2339)
What the heck is up (1767)
Next years RB situat (1655)
ECU fan here (1352)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (1237)
Been a pleasure talk (1203)
Davis dinged up agai (1056)
Freaky Coincidence o (1048)
Defensive stand-arou (879)
For the love of God! -- P
So, Vanderbilt is next
New Photos by Travis Bell
Robin William's fakes dea
Davis dinged up again?
Well, as it turns out, we
No Gurley near the goal l
What the heck is up with
Defensive stand-around pl
Name a Gamecock

Old 11-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #61
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit
Default Re: Stadium Renovation!

Mississippi State needs a lot more work than SC. Their stadium can only seat 54,000, so it is in desperate need of expansion if it wants to keep up with other SEC teams.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #62
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
Mississippi State needs a lot more work than SC. Their stadium can only seat 54,000, so it is in desperate need of expansion if it wants to keep up with other SEC teams.
The Miss State picture was meant to show how they are bricking the outsides of the stadium, not expansion. It looks awesome, too.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #63
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
There are three or four schools housed in the Coliseum, so tearing it down would leave all those programs without a home. Also all that parking you are trying to take up it's probably the most vital parking on campus with maybe the exception of Bull Street garage. This just isn't a possibility. If it was going to go anywhere on campus it probably should have gone where the new Athletic Village/the Dodie is. But it's fine where it is with just some upgrades within a few years
Agreed. There is nowhere to fit a football stadium on campus. I wouldn't get anywhere near downtown if the stadium was on campus, what a nightmare that would cause.

While I do see the Coliseum being torn down in the near future, I do not see the space being used for anything football related.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #64
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Anybody notice the new closed captioning board Saturday? Right below the Beast Board?
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #65
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Anybody notice the new closed captioning board Saturday? Right below the Beast Board?
I totally forgot about this! Definitely a nice touch!
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #66
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Some of y'all talking about tearing down WB are absolutely ridiculous. And putting it on camps?? Is this some sort of sick joke? There is already nowhere to park on campus or around down town as is, let alone adding a football stadium. We have an incredible set up for tailgating... wide open and a lot of different areas to go. Appreciate what we already have.. jeez.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #67
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I would say, hire competent traffic officers. They were holding traffic on Whaley street for half an hour before they let anyone go.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #68
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Agreed. There is nowhere to fit a football stadium on campus. I wouldn't get anywhere near downtown if the stadium was on campus, what a nightmare that would cause.

While I do see the Coliseum being torn down in the near future, I do not see the space being used for anything football related.
I think the closest you could get it would be the old State Hospital Grounds.

If WE did build a river, we would have folks complaining about fans going to their boats in the 3rd quarter.......
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #69
Florida Cock
Recruit

Male

Florida Cock has feathers coming inFlorida Cock has feathers coming in

WB is a show piece already. It is one of the most attractive stadium designs around, at least from the air, and yes I AM prejudice! Yes upgrade the public areas and restrooms. The press box is fine as are the ramps. What do you want, moving sidewalks? Replacing the seating with Lazy Boys will have to wait. People are having a hard enough time affording a game (see empty seats) and don't need unnecessary frills and the cost that goes with them. I am looking forward to the park area, slated to start after Wofford, around the stadium.

Gamecock in Florida!
Florida Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #70
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

The popcorn is entirely too salty, like eating a handful of Morton's iodized corn.So, I demand better snacks. Also, just a minor thing, but make a working oval railroad track around the stadium so the Cockabooses can be constantly moving. That would be awesome.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #71
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

Seating like at Charlotte Motor Speedway would be nice. fold down seat cup holder on each arm. The bench style needs to go the way of the dodo bird. We also need to fill EVERY home game to capacity which we don't . i was shocked to see the amount of empty seats on the 509 ,upper south endzone , 508 ,501 had many seats open. I believe getting the fold down indivual seats would be a BIG boost. I have upped my giving level every year the past 3. To move again seats would be good. I feel for us to increase the size we need to do what many schools do . FILL ALL HOME GAMES.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #72
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Cock View Post
I am looking forward to the park area, slated to start after Wofford, around the stadium.
Want rendering of that & who are your sources that that will start after the wofford game?
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #73
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
The popcorn is entirely too salty, like eating a handful of Morton's iodized corn.So, I demand better snacks. Also, just a minor thing, but make a working oval railroad track around the stadium so the Cockabooses can be constantly moving. That would be awesome.
OK, I will agree with this one, the food at the games really sucks, we need to get creative & have the best food in the SEC at our games.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #74
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgp View Post
Seating like at Charlotte Motor Speedway would be nice. fold down seat cup holder on each arm. The bench style needs to go the way of the dodo bird. We also need to fill EVERY home game to capacity which we don't . i was shocked to see the amount of empty seats on the 509 ,upper south endzone , 508 ,501 had many seats open. I believe getting the fold down indivual seats would be a BIG boost. I have upped my giving level every year the past 3. To move again seats would be good. I feel for us to increase the size we need to do what many schools do . FILL ALL HOME GAMES.
The issue with fold down seating is that it reduces overall seating capacity. The only major college football stadium that I've heard of with 100% fold down seats is Louisville's stadium. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #75
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyhouston97 View Post
One option would be to make the best of Williams-Bryce for the next ten years upgrading the appearance, concessions, and bathrooms and then build a new 100K capacity stadium in the area bound by the RR tracks to the West, Assembly to the East, Greene to the North and Blossom to the South, tearing town Carolina Coliseum. I believe there is enough room for a stadium, tailgate area, and practice facility all on-campus. The University owns most of that land already. It will be mega-expensive, but they can start getting the remaining land in the area and planning for it now. As it has been pointed out the University and state of South Carolina will continue to grow. I don't think Williams-Bryce will remain the best option forever, given that it is off-campus and can not be easily expanded further. For that reason I would minimize the expense on the new practice facility and save funds for an eventual relocation. Probably won't happen but it definitely won't if it is not in the long-range plan.
Um...NO. There is not enough room where you speak. Maybe for a stadium, but NOT for all the parking, etc that goes along with it. You'd have the Koger Center and CLA on one side, Railroad tracks on one side, Blossom street with the Greek Village and The Strom on one side, and Assembly with the Holiday Inn on the other. You would most certainly lose the parking lots beside the CLA, which would screw up parking for that and for commuter students.

So, just where do you propose to park 80,000 people, 7 Saturdays each Fall? Certainly not in the metered parking spots along Assembly, Gadsden, Park, Greene, etc, or the parking garages (which are full of student cars).
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #76
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Fix the bathrooms and the concessions. That is upkeep. No more structural improvements. The economy sucks. Going into further debt by a State government is stupid.
Yes. Some of these people are delusional. We don't even fill the stadium now every game, and usually by the end of the third quarter, 10,000 to 20,000 leave. When Hyman left, he had a very good plan for the next 7-10 years with every item prioritized, then with board approval. Some of the things you call minor are much more costly than you think. But if you and you're family/friends are willing to step up with 5-10 million, I'll be the first to congratulate you and thank you.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #77
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Um...NO. There is not enough room where you speak. Maybe for a stadium, but NOT for all the parking, etc that goes along with it. You'd have the Koger Center and CLA on one side, Railroad tracks on one side, Blossom street with the Greek Village and The Strom on one side, and Assembly with the Holiday Inn on the other. You would most certainly lose the parking lots beside the CLA, which would screw up parking for that and for commuter students.

So, just where do you propose to park 80,000 people, 7 Saturdays each Fall? Certainly not in the metered parking spots along Assembly, Gadsden, Park, Greene, etc, or the parking garages (which are full of student cars).
not to mention they're in the middle of building the brand new DM School of business right beside the Coliseum and there's plans for building a residence hall in the area as well, I think..

not even close to a formidable option
Old 11-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #78
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

What about the Horseshoe? All of those buildings are old and outdated anyways so we can just tear them down and that would give us plenty of space for a stadium and more parking. Trolling with white text to express that my post is sarcastic is one of my favorite hobbies on Cockytalk.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #79
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
not to mention they're in the middle of building the brand new DM School of business right beside the Coliseum and there's plans for building a residence hall in the area as well, I think..

not even close to a formidable option
Makes me think the person hasn't seen campus in, oh, about 20 years.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #80
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

I don't know.... the state house would probably be a better spot..

it's more centrally located