CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
Regalcock
JerseyBird
smoovecock
b381l
johnnyb
markymark550
RGHoskins
Constant Updates on (2393)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Alshon - Bose (1215)
Garcia vs Clemson To (1133)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (1112)
How cool would it be (1010)
Carolina/Clemson gam (812)
Palmetto Bowl (727)
Chattanooga upends N (606)
NEW Pics from South (309)
Constant Updates on Watso
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Carolina/Clemson game dre
How cool would it be to..
Chattanooga upends No. 4
Bowl projections
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Palmetto Bowl
Andrew Clifford Scooter A

Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #81
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: Stadium Renovation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
What about the Horseshoe? All of those buildings are old and outdated anyways so we can just tear them down and that would give us plenty of space for a stadium and more parking. Trolling with white text to express that my post is sarcastic is one of my favorite hobbies on Cockytalk.

Hey! That's a great idea! Then no one can complain when that's where they put Gameday. :)
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #82
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Makes me think the person hasn't seen campus in, oh, about 20 years.
yeah.. probably so..

or just looked at google earth because on there the idea doesn't sound as outrages.. however, in person, it's easy to see why it wouldn't work
Old 11-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #83
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Williams-Brice isn't going anywhere any time soon.

First off, it is a beloved part of our tradition and we are a tradition poor program.

Second, they just installed the new video board in the North end zone.,

Third, after decades of trying, the Farmer's market across the street has finally been bought and made into program owned parking.

Fourth, we will soon have practice facilities there that we don't have to pay rent on.

Fifth, there are too many privately owned support groups (parking, condos, and tail gate sites) that would create an uproar.

Sixth, and most importantly, we are maxed out on our credit line right now and it is going to take a while to get that any where near usable in the future. A new stadium would cost upwards of $800 million without land considerations and they would be massive.

Seventh, the economy just wouldn't come close to supporting this.

We aren't even going to see expansion in the north endzone being considered for the next decade at least.

We know that they are going to landscape around the stadium before next season, after that, rest room upgrades are needed, and if any construction goes on, it should be for more room in the concourses for the people in the East Upper. You can only do that on the South end of it, but the people up there need more space. Had to meet someone up there during halftime several years ago and the place is packed.

But, a new stadium? Not in the next 50 years...if then. Other schools have been using their present sites for nearly 100 years and we're at about 70 or so...If population growth happens like you say, then real estate will make it even more cost prohibitive. Besides, the campus will engulf W-B soon enough anyway.

Not going to happen and it shouldn't...too much tradition there and we don't have enough of that as it is.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #84
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Williams-Brice isn't going anywhere any time soon.

First off, it is a beloved part of our tradition and we are a tradition poor program.

Second, they just installed the new video board in the North end zone.,

Third, after decades of trying, the Farmer's market across the street has finally been bought and made into program owned parking.

Fourth, we will soon have practice facilities there that we don't have to pay rent on.

Fifth, there are too many privately owned support groups (parking, condos, and tail gate sites) that would create an uproar.

Sixth, and most importantly, we are maxed out on our credit line right now and it is going to take a while to get that any where near usable in the future. A new stadium would cost upwards of $800 million without land considerations and they would be massive.

Seventh, the economy just wouldn't come close to supporting this.

We aren't even going to see expansion in the north endzone being considered for the next decade at least.

We know that they are going to landscape around the stadium before next season, after that, rest room upgrades are needed, and if any construction goes on, it should be for more room in the concourses for the people in the East Upper. You can only do that on the South end of it, but the people up there need more space. Had to meet someone up there during halftime several years ago and the place is packed.

But, a new stadium? Not in the next 50 years...if then. Other schools have been using their present sites for nearly 100 years and we're at about 70 or so...If population growth happens like you say, then real estate will make it even more cost prohibitive. Besides, the campus will engulf W-B soon enough anyway.

Not going to happen and it shouldn't...too much tradition there and we don't have enough of that as it is.
I just want better popcorn.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #85
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

We need to get a bigger replay screen and maybe work on getting a Bojangles stand inside the stadium...also do something about the plainness of the ramps.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #86
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post

NO

Just wash your salty popcorn with your doo doo ice and be happy you aren't still in line waiting for the kid to count your change.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #87
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Im happy with the changes, but can we get rid of those damn troughs!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #88
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
on a similar note to your point

the pretzels are ridiculously salty..

I had to sit there for a while trying to get all the salt off..

I ordered a pretzel, not a heart-attack
Old 11-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #89
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post

I do love the pretzels!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #90
dirtycock
a one man wolfpack

Male

CockyCash: 1946
dirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his comb

Not to mention if our stadium was on campus authorities wouldn't be as lax about the drinking that goes on at the current WB. You wouldn't get away with near as much imo.(walking down sidewalks/crossing streets with open containers)
Old 11-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #91
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1039000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
We need to get a bigger replay screen and maybe work on getting a Bojangles stand inside the stadium...also do something about the plainness of the ramps.
I'm on it !.............Talked to Ray today........he said, CAN DO ! Look for improvements by the Wofford game........that is all.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #92
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
The issue with fold down seating is that it reduces overall seating capacity. The only major college football stadium that I've heard of with 100% fold down seats is Louisville's stadium. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
NFL , MLB seem to do OK with the fold down seats. I see your point but we would not lose seats if we just converted to folding. I really like the upgread to my seats at Charlotte(formally Lowes) motor speedway. It's classy i have the same seats but more comfortable . Good callout i have never noticed if they are in (besides the high $$$ seats) any stadiums.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #93
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200537809048022286
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Stadium upgrade? Make tickets prices affordable again :(
BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #94
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 305013227
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

Quote:

Old 11-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #95
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Only renovations needed to the stadium are more SEC East banners and an SEC champion banner! Then a National Championship banner!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #96
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgp View Post
NFL , MLB seem to do OK with the fold down seats. I see your point but we would not lose seats if we just converted to folding. I really like the upgread to my seats at Charlotte(formally Lowes) motor speedway. It's classy i have the same seats but more comfortable . Good callout i have never noticed if they are in (besides the high $$$ seats) any stadiums.
You do lose seating capacity coverting from bleacher/bench seats to chairbacks/fold down seats as that type of seat is larger, and you can't fit as many in a row.

We lost seating capacity at The Sarge when we went to chairbacks which is why we also had to expand down the first base line.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #97
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
You do lose seating capacity coverting from bleacher/bench seats to chairbacks/fold down seats as that type of seat is larger, and you can't fit as many in a row.

We lost seating capacity at The Sarge when we went to chairbacks which is why we also had to expand down the first base line.
Yeah, I use Carolina Stadium as a comparison in my head. I know we could fit more people on my row if it were bleacher instead of fold down seating. Not complaining though, I love my fold down seat.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #98
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceatusc View Post
it's all a scheme
Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #99
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:

Um...you do realize that they sell unsalted ones, right? That's what I buy :).
Old 11-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #100
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Yeah, I use Carolina Stadium as a comparison in my head. I know we could fit more people on my row if it were bleacher instead of fold down seating. Not complaining though, I love my fold down seat.
Yes, it's not rocket science. Using folddown seats has been talked about for years, even back when I worked in the ticket office in the 90s, but has been negated b/c of the loss of capacity.

At The Sarge we went from being able to fit about 7-8 people on row 1 above our batrack to 6 seats total, losing 1-2 seats. And those seats weren't even as big as the ones that would be required at a football stadium.