CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
GregoryHouse
Badazcock
Jdallen20
Dietz
Gamecocks1137
Grit_And_Steel
uscnoklahoma
Carolina-Beez
InletCock1989
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (2661)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1606)
Simple "yes&quo (1344)
Phil Steele just pre (1030)
The Comeback & T (777)
Garcia: Change the R (617)
TeMarcus Blanton (608)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (260)
Wallpaper & Back (245)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Bama @ Tennessee
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Anybody just have that &q
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Name a Gamecock

Old 11-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #41
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: If you were the Coaching Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
"you do know Tenn plays Alabama every year, right?"

1st ... they don't play BOTH every year.

2nd ... all of that is goign to get mixed up in 2014

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #42
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post

They'll keep playing. Its the only reason why Auburn is in the West. Its one of the storied SEC rivalries.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #43
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Tennessee for these reasons:

1) I would try to get the best offensive and defensive coordinators available and let them call the plays.

2) Tennessee has the national brand name so you can go into any house in Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida and the Carolinas and recruit the some of the best kids from those areas.

3) Not that far away at all from Atl, Charlotte, Memphis and Columbia.

4) Tennessee aint playing LSU and Alabama every year.

5) I wouldn't be the first Coach to jump ship as soon as a USC offered ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Tenn is playing Bama every year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
You do know they play Alabama every year, right?
Quote:
I am saying LSU AND BAMA every year like the other two do.

I made the assumption that since Arkansas and Auburn play in the west, they play LSU and Alabama every year (as in both).
Quote:
I would go Tenn, because Bama and LSU have been SO dominant in the recent past. You've have a better chance getting recruits and wins to Tenn with the simple "we don't have to play Bama and LSU every single year.

If you go to Arky (which actually has a lot of talent) or Auburn (which I wouldn't touch either way) you'd have to face those 2 every year AND SC, UGA, UF, or TN.
Quote:
"you do know Tenn plays Alabama every year, right?"
Quote:

Old 11-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #44
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

UT by far...the East is more winnable than the west
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #45
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

GH you give me too much credit to assume that I read this whole thread before posting ...

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #46
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Arkansas. It's the only one of the three without orange in it's color scheme. What other reason do I need?
Old 11-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #47
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
GH you give me too much credit to assume that I read this whole thread before posting ...

It was me being petulant but not directed at you. I took your comments as an opportunity to emphasize what I was saying in my initial post. So to that end, I agree with what you said and it is a valid point.

LSU and Alabama will almost always be top teams in the west (though anyone can have down years...see Tenn and FL...the foundations that LSU and Alabama have will give them perpetual advantages)....that being said, Tenn at least gets a break by not having to play both every year....like it Auburn and Arkansas and the rest of the SEC West teams.

In the SEC, there is almost no room for a down week and one loss in the season can mean you aren't the champ some years...so Tenn has that natural advantage over Auburn and Arkansas every other year at least.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #48
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Lets compare who they play each year
Auburn
Alabama
Arkansas
Georgia
LSU
Miss St
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Arkansas
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Missouri (that is happening right?)
Miss St
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Tennessee
Alabama
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Missouri
South Carolina
Vandy

I would say Auburn's is the hardest, then TN, then Arkansas...personally.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #49
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Lets compare who they play each year
Auburn
Alabama
Arkansas
Georgia
LSU
Miss St
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Arkansas
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Missouri (that is happening right?)
Miss St
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Tennessee
Alabama
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Missouri
South Carolina
Vandy

I would say Auburn's is the hardest, then TN, then Arkansas...personally.
And we've managed 3 undefeated seasons since 1993. Woooooo.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #50
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sad you only have 2 SEC titles and one NCAA title to show for that.

That would irk me if I was a Barner.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #51
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
PS looking forward to playing yall again next year in Knoxville.

I will def be at that one.

Will be crazy to see where our programs are at that point.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #52
ClintonGamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3200
ClintonGamecock has hatched from the shell

I would say Tennessee first. Then Auburn and Arkansas last. Tennessee has the most history and tradition and its real close the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg which is almost like my second home. Nice area and beautiful state. This has also been my favorite road trip.
ClintonGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #53
AikenRooster2112
4-Star

Male

AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb

Auburn. You got the whole city of Atlanta to recruit from and all the big schools in Georgia, because no one wants to go to Ga Tech. There are no pro sports in Alabama, and nothing really to do in southern Alabama and southern Georgia and there is a lot of big high schools within close proximity. You got the support and you got the players; you just have to coach them up.
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #54
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Id have to pick Auburn just bc of how much talent they have recruited in the past 3years.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #55
Erik
Banned

Male

Quote:
PS looking forward to playing yall again next year in Knoxville.

I will def be at that one.

Will be crazy to see where our programs are at that point.
I hope they don't reshuffle the schedules, though I fear our 5 game win streak against you guys is gonna go bye bye. :(
Old 11-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #56
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I hope they don't reshuffle the schedules, though I fear our 5 game win streak against you guys is gonna go bye bye. :(

It sure as hell would if you played this year!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #57
Erik
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
It sure as hell would if you played this year!
We'd lose our winning streak against The Little Sisters of the Poor if we played them this year.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #58
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

It's hard to argue against Tennessee, but Auburn has a certain moral... latitude... that helps in recruiting.

I agree about the Auburn program though, they never really seem to give the coach control over it, the boosters are almost too embedded in the program.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #59
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
and you had a 3.5 M - 6 year offer from Tennessee, Auburn and Arkansas which one would you choose? You know this is your best chance to land a SEC job and you are ready to make the move.

Interested to read the responses.
Neither, I'd go to Kentucky, put 50% back for taxes, hold on for 6 years, retire and live like a king for the rest of my days. SEE Bobby Johnson.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #60
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
We'd lose our winning streak against The Little Sisters of the Poor if we played them this year.
Well, you are better than NM State... But they also lost against The Little Sisters of the Poor...

Yall will be better... Petrino would be my pick for Auburn... but I am guessing he will have to literally kiss Pat Dye's left cheek to get the job.