CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
Sandstorm29
Spurticus
NinjaSven
kingofnerf
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
donbgamecock
So, why is next year (2633)
How Long Will The Re (1761)
Why do so many of yo (1277)
Restaurant musts in (1227)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (915)
Shot in the arm for (912)
Custom Jersey (517)
5 Gourmet Foods That (406)
Abu Bowl Ready (316)
looks like we have 2 (263)
5 Gourmet Foods That Used
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
The Vent and Coaching cha
Shot in the arm for the D
Nosovitch/bowl/ question.
How Long Will The Rebuild
Why do so many of you guy

Old 11-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #21
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit
Default Re: Wofford 8-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Am I seeing people in this thread that are legitimately worried about playing Wofford?

Wow.
South Carolina is going to take Wofford behind the woodshed and beat them like a redheaded stepchild. We aren't going to struggle against a team that lost to Samford.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #22
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Being an Upstate Alum I cannot make this clear enough that I have no use for Wofford, they are our Clemson. I beat their lapdog behinds for three years in track as did the rest of the track and XC teams, they thought they ran Spartanburg even though we stomped them in every sport imaginable, the only sport we haven't beat them in lately is basketball,(we own the all time series) which they won't even put us the schedule other than the Charleston Classic a few years ago that they were forced to play us. I hope we neuter the puppy dogs then serve them up for dinner.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #23
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

My nephew places oline and long snapper for wofford (mike comer) and his mom (my sister) and many friends are coming to willy b and while I am positive that there are some anxieties among their fans in that they kind of think they might lose to us...they have been dreaming and waiting for this game all season. I know this for a fact. My sister is a diehard gamecock fan through and through but she is thoroughly convinced that they are coming to Columbia to win their version of a super bowl. While I know theyd like a championship, I can tell you that wins in their little stadium and league are somewhat glorified high school games and they look for this game as a chance to show their true measure as a team.

Erik Brietenstein is a talented rusher and is up for the Walter Peyton award and he is a mountain boy from Valle Crucis, NC and reminds me a lot of rob duboer for us a few years back, except Erik is a better yardage guy.

They have a good oline and in fact my nephew was recruited by USC but they didn't offer late and michael just liked wofford over wake forest and east Carolina - go figure.

Anyway these guys are coming in stoked. They will play very hard. I really think we'll win by 30 points, but if we play uninspired or flat, especially on defense, wofford will hang around.

That said I hope my nephew gets the thrill of his life playing in willy b (which was always a dream) and my gamecocks win huge.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #24
cockycock10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1110
cockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurProsecutor View Post
Then go with Furman or SC State or Coastal, but not a triple option team like Wofford. Prepping for the triple option and chop blocks the week before Carolina's biggest game of the year makes no sense.
I think we try to schedule all the big FCS schools instead of just Furman or SC State all the time.
cockycock10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #25
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

The students want their 25% discount this game! We were sad when Arkansas scored a TD near the end, so the bookstore was only 18% off. Bought myself a nice shot glass there today.

I have also stayed to the end of every single game. The only time I wanted to leave early was UF, but stuck it out.
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #26
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I hope we give them a good game. I'm going to this one.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #27
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
There was this team one time in Michigan that thought a SoCon team would be a pushover and a good tune up too.
You don't even have to look at Michigan. We've lost to The Citadel, Furman, and App State all within the last 40 years
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #28
nodnahs
Blue Chip

Male

nodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudly

No smack, but there is not one player on Woffords roster that would earn a scholarship out of HS to Carolina.. They can dream of this game all yr, all decade, doesn't matter.. Wofford 8-2 in the Southern Conf, USC 8-2 in the SEC.. This is reality, not Keeping Up With the Kardashians...
nodnahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #29
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

I was at the game in Birmingham when Samford beat Wofford in double overtime. Great game and a huge win for the Bulldogs. Seeing Wofford live showed me that they will not be able to hang with our Gamecocks. Unless we totally melt down on offense AND defense, this one won't be close. I am thinking 56 - 16. No disrespect to Wofford. They are a well coached and talented team. They just aren't in our league and that will show this Saturday afternoon.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #30
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

not concerned. I am so not concerned that I am going to PSU vs Indiana
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #31
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
not concerned. I am so not concerned that I am going to PSU vs Indiana
Damn, if you are gonna miss a Carolina game, at least go to a good one!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #32
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Yeah, good thing the OL coach for that SoCon team is at Carolina now.
That oline coach also got beat by Wofford that same year...just sayin

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #33
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

don't we play coastal in the next few years?
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #34
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:

Oh how we have come full circle...
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #35
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Damn, if you are gonna miss a Carolina game, at least go to a good one!
yeah it wont be good, but its always good tailgate
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #36
Woffordgamecock11
Walk On

Male

Woffordgamecock11 is learning to peckWoffordgamecock11 is learning to peck

Haters gonna hate

Last edited by Woffordgamecock11; 11-12-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Sorry, meant to quote. Please delete
Woffordgamecock11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #37
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
yeah it wont be good, but its always good tailgate
At Happy Valley, I presume?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #38
Woffordgamecock11
Walk On

Male

Woffordgamecock11 is learning to peckWoffordgamecock11 is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Being an Upstate Alum I cannot make this clear enough that I have no use for Wofford, they are our Clemson. I beat their lapdog behinds for three years in track as did the rest of the track and XC teams, they thought they ran Spartanburg even though we stomped them in every sport imaginable, the only sport we haven't beat them in lately is basketball,(we own the all time series) which they won't even put us the schedule other than the Charleston Classic a few years ago that they were forced to play us. I hope we neuter the puppy dogs then serve them up for dinner.
Haters gonna hate
Woffordgamecock11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #39
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

Wofford has alot of injuries and the offense has struggled the past 3 weeks or so. We got upset by Samford two weeks ago and have been playing our 3rd string QB. No worries.

Also, the offense isn't just triple option. They run alot of shotgun reads and I think it will help Carolina prepare for Clemson.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #40
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
I guess Elliott will have his guys ready for the rat heads then.