CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Tolley
WeStillOwnUSC
GamecockGuardsman
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
kingofnerf
TN game weather (1286)
Who is your favorite (995)
Aliens Are Real (497)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (448)
FSU vs. Louisville (341)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (293)
Need a ride tomorrow (218)
Brady Hoke Motivatio (192)
Talking Animals (164)
Cavs vs. Bulls (137)
4th down territory
Interesting quotes from D
UT Vols failed to report
Uniforms for Tenn
Who is your favorite play
Have you ever been so wro
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
TN game weather
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Cavs vs. Bulls

Old 11-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #81
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson Game at 7:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
Only fans think that way. Once a game starts players play.

This is correct, but there is a psychosis involved and pressure leading up to the game can and will leave a residual effect..............Got that? In other words, it only takes a moment of adversity to reignite the fear of losing, thus effecting performance.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #82
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

I think we'll be ready. Take care of ncst this week and all roads to the Sugar Bowl leads through USC. Most analysts think so at least. Can't wait until the 24th!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #83
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Anyone remember what happened last time Clemson had a night game at home? Who did they play? Who won?

uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #84
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think we'll be ready. Take care of ncst this week and all roads to the Sugar Bowl leads through USC. Most analysts think so at least. Can't wait until the 24th!
Indeed ! That is all the motivation that should be needed..........
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #85
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
Thats not what recruits say. BTW atleast my stadium doesnt strongly resemble an upside down cockroach from an aerial view.
I have been to Death Valley numerous times, I went to grad school in New Orleans and a room mate of mine played LB for LSU so we made the trip often.

Memorial stadium is a nice stadium, I am a Gamecock, but I will give you that. Certainly a better stadium than either your 'football' team or the acc warrants. But the roads around it are horrendous. Went to a Pink Floyd concert there in '94 (after vowing my senior year at USC to never go back), the concert had to start 30 minutes late because the pasture paths wouldn't let anyone get to stadium, after the concert was over it took us longer to get from the stadium to Exit 19 on I-85 than it took us to get from exit 19 on I-85 to Charleston.

If you are going to this game, allow at least double the time to get in and probably triple the time to get out compared to what you are used to at W-B.

Clearly, they have nothing better to do at clemson than sit in traffic.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #86
Bob the Builder
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Bob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his comb

Quote:
I have been to Death Valley numerous times, I went to grad school in New Orleans and a room mate of mine played LB for LSU so we made the trip often.

Memorial stadium is a nice stadium, I am a Gamecock, but I will give you that. Certainly a better stadium than either your 'football' team or the acc warrants. But the roads around it are horrendous. Went to a Pink Floyd concert there in '94 (after vowing my senior year at USC to never go back), the concert had to start 30 minutes late because the pasture paths wouldn't let anyone get to stadium, after the concert was over it took us longer to get from the stadium to Exit 19 on I-85 than it took us to get from exit 19 on I-85 to Charleston.

If you are going to this game, allow at least double the time to get in and probably triple the time to get out compared to what you are used to at W-B.

Clearly, they have nothing better to do at clemson than sit in traffic.
There is a difference between a town with 25k and the state capital with roughly 300k
Bob the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #87
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Atmosphere shouldn't be anything our guys aren't prepared for. LSU at night plays the trump card to any place.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #88
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Those complaining about traffic need to try parking on the west side of the stadium. That is where the intramural fields and YMCA are. From there when you head out of Clemson go to hwy 123. Turn left. Then turn left at the second stop light which is Wells Highway. Stay on Wells Highway until you get to HWY 59. Turn left again. Hwy 59 intersects hwy 24. Take 24 towards Anderson. This will put you out at Exit 11 on 85 which is further SW but will save you a ton of time. Parking and trying to leave from the east side of the stadium and going back towards Anderson is a nightmare. Just a lil local knowledge.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #89
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 848393801
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

4 in a row...... count on it!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #90
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Who cares about traffic? Its the Carolina/Clemson game! I dont care if Im there all weekend
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #91
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I can't believe some of you are worried about traffic. You need to be worried about those deer crossing signs coming back home late at night.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #92
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsar4 View Post
I havent been up there since the 2004 debacle. If some one wants to float me some tickets, I would be glad to go this year.

IMO it's not a bad gameday experience. I've had several good tailgating experiences up there.
I was on the sidelines for that one, messy. I was also on the field in 2002 when they tore the goal posts down, I guess it was because it was the 100th game...
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #93
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

I love southern football
Old 11-13-2012, 02:52 AM   #94
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Atmosphere shouldn't be anything our guys aren't prepared for. LSU at night plays the trump card to any place.
When we played GT a few years ago when we were 10 and they were 11 or something and the upper decks were rocking. It will be a hostile environment.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 AM   #95
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

what sucks about Clemson Memorial Stadium and Clemson, SC as a whole:

-traffic
-stadium sections/seat numbering(anyone who has been to a game there knows what I'm talking about. even and odd numbers, really?)
-no night life. Its Esso Club or you're on your own.
-its orange
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #96
nellanaesp
4-Star

Male

nellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his comb

I'm still thinking about going, but I don't want to go by myself and I don't have a ticket. Anyone know if it will be difficult to buy one at the game?
nellanaesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #97
USCooper
Banned

Male

USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
especially if you know the back way. you can take that back entrance out of the Y, go left. follow to the end, connect into Shiloh. Turn to the right before the road dead ends and follow that road over the RR crossing, and you can take the other way back to 85 and come out at either Exit 4 or Exit 2 (can't remember which, but I THINK it's 2).

Me, I live in Westminster, so I can leave from the Y and be back home in 15-20 minutes depending on how long the red light I come to in Seneca keeps me there.
Its even better than that WC it's exit 10 I think.
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #98
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguy06 View Post
A bunch of orange and purple sissys running down a slump and they get to touch a door prop. Whoo lmao.
Quote:
When we played GT a few years ago when we were 10 and they were 11 or something and the upper decks were rocking. It will be a hostile environment.
Oh I know it will.....but it won't be anything these guys haven't played in before. Baton Rouge this year was BY FAR the loudest place I've been in. Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia, Clemson, or any other away stadium I've ever been too has NEVER been that loud.

Edit....Oops. Not sure why I quoted the post by Braveguy06.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #99
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
Ok but I wasnt talking to you. Anyway, if you get the chance you should come this year. (BTW Clemson coined the name Death Valley first so technically we are THE VALLEY)
I know the school makes that claim. It is based upon an allegation that the PC coach made some kind of reference to that name.

Clemson has such a small mind, that it was important for your school to make that claim. There are many indications that much of the Clemson tradition sprung from the bowl game in New Orleans against LSU's Chinese Bandits team. After that, your coach at the time, Frank Howard, instituted the Tiger Rag and made other adjustments to your "traditions" that mimicked LSU.

Clemson is therefore sensitive to the charge that they stole a lot of the traditions from an SEC team. That made it important for the school to come up with a cover story when Frank Howard made up the story about the rock in his office, and you started claiming soon after to be Death Valley. I firmly belief Frank Howard made up the entire story as part of some pre-game talk to get the team up. Afterwards, it sort of took off on him and then your school started making up stuff so it would not look like liars.

That is why your school came up with the bogus story about the PC coach, carefully dating the event so it was a few years ahead of when LSU's stadium moniker became prevalent.

I challenge you to go find any historical evidence that supports the PC story. Check the newspapers in Newberry, in Clempson, in Greenville. There is no contemporary article of any nature that supports the claim by quoting the PC coach.

The PC dude is now dead so that even he cannot be asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellanaesp View Post
I'm still thinking about going, but I don't want to go by myself and I don't have a ticket. Anyone know if it will be difficult to buy one at the game?
I went back in -04, the brawl game. Make up a sign and put it on your vehicle. Use some of the hours in your car to get a ticket from somebody stuck in another car in traffic.

Shaq Attack

Last edited by yazoo; 11-13-2012 at 07:59 AM.
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #100
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Those complaining about traffic need to try parking on the west side of the stadium. That is where the intramural fields and YMCA are. From there when you head out of Clemson go to hwy 123. Turn left. Then turn left at the second stop light which is Wells Highway. Stay on Wells Highway until you get to HWY 59. Turn left again. Hwy 59 intersects hwy 24. Take 24 towards Anderson. This will put you out at Exit 11 on 85 which is further SW but will save you a ton of time. Parking and trying to leave from the east side of the stadium and going back towards Anderson is a nightmare. Just a lil local knowledge.
Lol. That's the exact route my brother and I took two years ago and it took us three hours to get to I85. No exaggeration at all.