CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
SC Sandlapper
So Disappointed With (1805)
Rank the QBs under S (1353)
Back like cooked cra (945)
Tennessee game (649)
Who start on the d l (607)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (441)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (332)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (153)
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Why I think we beat Aubur
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re
Vote For Cocky
Rank the QBs under Spurri

Old 11-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #101
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit
Default Re: Connor Shaw & Mike Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ94 View Post
Youd be wrong on many accounts, I have numerous trophies and awards for my endeavors. All top in my field

Pictures Please
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #102
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ94 View Post
Youd be wrong on many accounts, I have numerous trophies and awards for my endeavors. All top in my field

I bet you also have many leather-bound books and your apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #103
OfficeLinebackerCock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Exactly....we will never be able to get the same quality players year in and year out as the national names. How many OL/DL names have we put in the NFL over the last 10-20 years.....nobody on the OL and John Abraham on DL......I'm talking about consistent starters, not just players on a NFL team.

Is that you Corso?!!!! :)\\
Old 11-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #104
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

CockyCash: 500
Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
i have been feeling all season, and have posted it a couple of times, that i am less than impressed with sands as our rb coach. even latti has coughed up the ball a few times this year, and for him that is unthinkable. i think davis should have been the second guy early on, but his development has been slowed by poor coaching. i'm sorry if this offends, but i have been feeling it all season, and if anyone needs to go, i think it is him.
now, with elliot i am on the fence. there are good arguments both ways. i feel it is hard to show a great improvement on ol, with so many young players, but like has been mentioned, lsu and tenn have done it. of course we don't recruit nearly as well as they do on the ol, but our ol recruiting is ten times better over the last two years, than maybe ever. with our younger guys getting so much experience this season, together with the ones we redshirted and the excellent ol recruiting class we have coming in this year, we should be excellent next year on the ol. so i vote to give elliot another year, although with tenn's ol coach being available, i...
i am also not exactly blown away with browns guys. every decent passing team we have faced has thrown the ball at will against us. where is this aggressive style i kept hearing about? why are wr's so open that you can't see a gamecock defender in the pic? other times, these guys are making int's, and looking very aggressive. so i don't know if it is worth giving brown another year, or if he should go. the jury is still out on brown. he might be very good, but i just can't make a decision one way or the other on this guy.
lastly, i have been saying the entire time jr has been here, that he is not a good wr coach. stockstile was a great wr coach, and we haven't had a good one since he left. bubba has underachieved with some seriously talented wr's, and that position should have done more over the last six years at the very least.
Interesting that the main comment that the Bears had to say about Alshon was that he had been extremely well coached. Lookitup
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #105
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilson View Post
Interesting that the main comment that the Bears had to say about Alshon was that he had been extremely well coached. Lookitup
Yup. People need to quit doggin Bubba

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #106
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Right. If you're going to take issue with a coach, I don't see how it can be Bubba. We have had some absolutely great WR's during his tenure. Doesn't make sense.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #107
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Yeah but according to the majority those receivers were already either all conference or pretty good when they got here.

Playing WR in Coach Spurrier's offense isn't easy at all. Learning what to do isn't elementary and takes more than 1 season to learn.

Bubba's units have been held back bc the QB either can't get them the ball for a handful of reasons (sacks, misreads, not throwing at all) or the ball is thrown into another zip code.

There have been more times where we have guys running wide ass open than not getting open at all. It all comes down to the QB play when has usually been a product of pass protection.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #108
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Yeah but according to the majority those receivers were already either all conference or pretty good when they got here.

Playing WR in Coach Spurrier's offense isn't easy at all. Learning what to do isn't elementary and takes more than 1 season to learn.

Bubba's units have been held back bc the QB either can't get them the ball for a handful of reasons (sacks, misreads, not throwing at all) or the ball is thrown into another zip code.

There have been more times where we have guys running wide ass open than not getting open at all. It all comes down to the QB play when has usually been a product of pass protection.
True.

I think Blake Mitchell would be all SEC this year with this team.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #109
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Is this a serious thread? Are there actually people that think we need to get rid of some of our coaches? Everette needs to go because Marcus fumbled? Shawn Elliot needs to be fired because we do not have the best line in the SEC?

We are in the middle of back to back double digit win seasons and we have a recruiting class that is basically full with a couple of highly ranked players still on the board. THIS IS BECAUSE OF CONTINUITY ON THE COACHING STAFF.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #110
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

I mean for example, against Arkansas:

1) Bruce running down the outside hash in the 1st quarter (I think) and Connor not only underthrows it but throws it on the inside hash towards the Safety. Should've been a TD but the QB makes a crap throw.

2) Ace runs a take off route from the slot while the outside receiver runs a short comeback to hold the coverage. Ace is wide open but Connor hangs it up and the DB makes a play.

This is the type of crap that has been happening for EIGHT YEARS and its not Bubba's fault.

Last edited by CoverTwo; 11-12-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #111
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

We simply have not had a top QB recruit come in and do well. Just once I'd like to get a Ryan Mallett, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray or someone who can just sit back there and put it where they want it.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #112
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
True.

I think Blake Mitchell would be all SEC this year with this team.
True.

I think Tommy Beecher would have locked up the JU golden arm award by now with this team.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #113
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsecSC View Post
True.

I think Tommy Beecher would have locked up the JU golden arm award by now with this team.
Yeah right lol.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #114
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Haven't the same "absolutely great WR's" played with the same QBs that "either can't get them the ball for a handful of reasons (sacks, misreads, not throwing at all) or the ball is thrown into another zip code"?
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #115
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

whats funny to me is that ESPN came out with power rankings for the SEC and put us at #6... We are... once again... a middle of the pack SEC team lol
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #116
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
whats funny to me is that ESPN came out with power rankings for the SEC and put us at #6... We are... once again... a middle of the pack SEC team lol
Sould be 5th...beat UGA. Still tough conference...lots of great players and coaches.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #117
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I mean for example, against Arkansas:

1) Bruce running down the outside hash in the 1st quarter (I think) and Connor not only underthrows it but throws it on the inside hash towards the Safety. Should've been a TD but the QB makes a crap throw.

2) Ace runs a take off route from the slot while the outside receiver runs a short comeback to hold the coverage. Ace is wide open but Connor hangs it up and the DB makes a play.

This is the type of crap that has been happening for EIGHT YEARS and its not Bubba's fault.
Wasn't even a DB it was a LB and Ace had him smoked and he still hung it up long enough for his slow ass to make a play.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #118
Cockadile
Recruit

Male

Cockadile has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
I disagree about your assessment of the running game. We don't need to be running out of shotgun anymore.. It's not working and part of the reason holes aren't opening up. From the little bit we have run out of traditional running formations (the I, off set I, single back) we have been successful. In fact the O line looks pretty good when running off tackle or with a pulling guard. We could be more successful if we keep up that kind of play calling for the run game.
At times we do well off tackle, but when Latt went down our pulling guard missed the guy that hit Marcus high, and that can't be blamed on coaching as much as a missed assignment. They need to block far better for running.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #119
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

You can nitpick all day..just remember 98-99..when i think about that time period i back away from my puter.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #120
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadile View Post
They need to block far better for running.
Agree...mental. Missing people...one of those blitzes the LB came in clean...our RG never saw him and was double teaming the DT.
Still say we don't have the quality people we did in '10...hopefully it's just youth and can be developed, but I would not be surprised to see some younger players emerge next season.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote