CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
l^l^lBGCock
GamecockSuperFan
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
A. Pilgrim
robgusc76
cocks are us
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2702)
Herbstreit on " (983)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (967)
SEC QB's in the Red (956)
Little know stat (We (932)
Gamecockology Helms (855)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (544)
Where do you like to (474)
We're going to the N (458)
Amelia Earhart Plane (258)
Have you ever been so wro
Gamecockology Helms
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Where do you like to sit
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Name a Gamecock
MY 7 STEP PROGRAM TO FIX
Tennessee - South Carolin

Old 11-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #21
usc51
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Question for Band Members

Here's a request, please stop playing Call Me Maybe.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #22
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

go cocks

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #23
carolinafan111

Male

CockyCash: 912910367
carolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRocks787 View Post
go cocks

33 games attended in a row (26-7 in that stretch)
carolinafan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #24
wowo
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 2100
wowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervous

I've never been a fan of the band until last year. I'll have to say it is better now than ever, and I enjoyed the show on Saturday. Keep it up.
wowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #25
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
Band has been great the past 2 years but 1 little thing keeps bugging me. Why have you guys stopped playing Krypton Fanfare? I remember thinking this past week at the game during halftime that it was the first time I've heard us play it in a long time. Does the new director just not like it or just too many other songs?

Thanks
My understanding is that she feels like it's a UGA song. I don't know that I agree with that, but that's what I've been told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scz71864 View Post
Heres another question. Why did you change the entrance formation.....
A lot of pre-game was changed. It only made since to change the entrance with the new pre-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scargamecocks87 View Post
Here's another question. Why if we have been pushing this whole garnet on game days you buy new white uniforms?
Red uniforms on a green field look like Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet 4 Life 81 View Post
i got one why are we copying lsu and playing neck?
Because neck is awesome, and we get to do the Berny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceatusc View Post
I've got one, what's with the empty rows that are fenced off behind the band?
Among other reasons listed, you don't want people to sit back there and mess with the band. Also those rows will probably be filled with band members in the next 2 or 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
I miss Krypton too. Also, where is "Cocky's 2001"? How do you get rid of that? We're also missing the band led "Go Cocks" trumpet cheer that we did for decades.

I do like some of the changes, but dropping traditional songs is stupid.
Cocky's has been played several times. I haven't heard anything, but I would guess she got rid of trumpet cheer because the trumpets always sound horrible on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Why don't you play pirates anymore?
I don't know her reasoning, but IMO it's kinda outdated.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #26
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc51 View Post
Here's a request, please stop playing Call Me Maybe.
If I'm not mistaken they haven't played it for several games, and when they do most of the student section sings along with it and has a good time.

Some of you want to moan and complain about the band not playing enough songs the crowd likes, and then when they find one that they'll have some fun with you just complain because it's not a song that YOU like. It's two minutes out of the 3 or 4 hours you're in the stadium. I think you'll live.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #27
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Pirates of the Caribbean was awesome, but it's time has come and gone.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #28
AstroCock
FEAR ME!!!!

Male

AstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
If I'm not mistaken they haven't played it for several games, and when they do most of the student section sings along with it and has a good time.

Some of you want to moan and complain about the band not playing enough songs the crowd likes, and then when they find one that they'll have some fun with you just complain because it's not a song that YOU like. It's two minutes out of the 3 or 4 hours you're in the stadium. I think you'll live.
They played it last Saturday.. I like hearing them play it... just don't like the real song.
AstroCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #29
Cockfucius
Blue Chip

Male

Cockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talons

I like the white uniforms. They really stand out and are very sharp. I like the fact that she added more soosa...susa...suusa....tubas (maybe not technically tubas, but I can't spell the other word).

BTW, they play across the street in the farmer's market before the game and it's a great experience...they line up on some kind of a rounded platform and the Coquettes are there. My daughter and I were on the front row of standing spectators and we were right in the middle and the sound was unbelieveable! Makes you appreciate the band! Also, they've changed up some of their marching cadences with the drums. Very cool.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #30
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Sandstorm2001, I'm glad Cocky's 2001 hasn't been eliminated. I just don't see it in the pregame any longer and unfortunately my seats are where I can't hear the band much.

You guys are doing a far better job, but I do miss Krypton, Cocky's 2001 in the pregame, and the trumpet Go Cocks cheer.

Am I crazy by thinking "Go Carolina" is a tad bit slower?
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #31
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

yeah... I don't know if it's just me not paying attention or getting caught in the moment but I haven't heard Cocky's 2001 other than at the basketball games so I don't know about that..

but now that I've said that, I'll probably hear it more from now on
Old 11-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #32
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

While I do like the new uniforms, I think it would look much better to have the feathers in the hat (sure there is a better word for that) as GARNET and not white. That would bring more Garnet into the outfit and better fit with the crowd and school colors.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #33
Flips
Two Deep

Male

Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Cocky's has been played several times. I haven't heard anything, but I would guess she got rid of trumpet cheer because the trumpets always sound horrible on it.
It's the last chord. Until the trumpets can get it right, they won't play it again. I don't think we got it right more than one time in the 4 years I was in band. The rest of the song sounds fine and is probably the easiest song in the repertoire to actually play.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #34
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

I also wish the band would move to the endzone again. To me it seems like more in the stadium can hear the band. I sit in section 19 and they are impossible to hear at times because they are directed in the opposite direction.

Hopefully some seats will come up next year where I can get closer to the band.

By no means am I complaining b/c I know those kids work very hard at what they are doing. So please do not take it that way.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #35
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 200
scz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPit

For the love of God why are we not loud???? Georgia's band shits on us. I also remember when Troy came. They had a legit band. Loud and fun.

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #36
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
For the love of God why are we not loud???? Georgia's band shits on us. I also remember when Troy came. They had a legit band. Loud and fun.

Troy's band director is actually a Newberry College graduate
Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #37
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

How often do you guys get laid on average?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #38
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsar4 View Post
What is Neck?

It's a song by the band Cameo (of Word Up! fame) called "Talkin' out the Side of Your Neck".
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #39
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
They are loud if you are sitting in the west stands. They just don't face the students so its not loud to us.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #40
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Red uniforms on a green field look like Christmas.
Then you should try garnet.

Seriously, hang your head in shame. You should be forced to donate your cockycash to a charitable organization.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote