CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3316)
2014 Subway Classic: (1621)
aTm demolishes Kyle (745)
Cocky at the Duck Co (721)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (638)
Really, REALLY glad (575)
Deer Hunting 2014 (379)
movers, furniture do (313)
Happy Winter Solstic (283)
Streaming nfl games (269)
Greatest Gamecock Players
The Vent and Coaching cha
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
QB Next Season?
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Connor to be backup?
official UFC thread. (new
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Question for those who ha

Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #41
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

CockyCash: 500
JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Nosovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
That's sort of how I feel with Mitch and the reason I think people (a lot of people on Cockytalk) have unrealistic expectations for the guy just because he's the first 4* QB since Garcia that SC will have gotten. I think ESPN sums it up nicely in their scouting report:
So you're saying he could start at Clemson tomorrow? Bubble screens erywhere
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #42
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
That's sort of how I feel with Mitch and the reason I think people (a lot of people on Cockytalk) have unrealistic expectations for the guy just because he's the first 4* QB since Garcia that SC will have gotten. I think ESPN sums it up nicely in their scouting report:
The reason im so impressed with him, is because he has the strongest arm of perhaps anyone to come to USC.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #43
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

The one scouting report I read on Nosovich in HS mentioned his being very accurate and a threat to run. Translating that ability to the SEC takes a lot of work and development. Coaches have to both help a QB to develop the skillset and tendencies needed in their system and tweak the system to best use the QB's strengths. I'm glad to see the tight end use lately that seems to fit Connor's strengths and put the defenses off their preferred coverages as well as punishing stacking the box against the run. I have no quarrel with ball control over gunslinging when facing a high-powered offense. Might not be sexy, but gets the job done. My biggest gripe with Spurrier has been shooting for 30 so often when we need 10. Against Florida, we threw (tried to) downfield all second half against max coverage when we have a top crew of TE's - while they killed us with their TE's in the red zone. The last gunslinger who started for us ended up a disaster - and without Alshon would have been much worse.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #44
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
The reason im so impressed with him, is because he has the strongest arm of perhaps anyone to come to USC.
No doubt. Reminds me of Dylan Thompson arm strength-wise but with better mechanics.

Still think people are (more than likely) underestimating how long it will take him to learn and adjust to the offense, given the style of offense he runs in HS and the (lack of) progression and down field throws. Have read numerous predictions that he'll give Shaw a run for his money as a true frosh and just don't see it - though I certainly hope Mitch is that good right away.

Regardless, will be fun to see how he and Nosovitch do in the spring.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #45
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

It helps that Mitch gets a Spring practice.

He and Nosy will both be in their first Spring camps.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #46
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Question is: Who carries who on their back up the bleachers in the spring??
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:07 AM   #47
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

The majority of Gamecock nation seems to be remarkably unaware of the sleeper talent they have in Nosovitch (if a Parade All-American can be a sleeper).

This kid is the real deal, in my opinion. I don't give two rips that he was only a 3-star. I'll give you another example of a VERY SIMILAR type of QB who was rated about the same as Nosovitch nationally (one class earlier) as a high school recruit...and was also a 3 star: Johnny "Football" Manziel.

Nosovitch not only shattered every major record in a state known for producing great QBs (Dan Marino and Joe Montana, among others), he also proved to be super-clutch in close games and playoff games (Montana-like, you might say).

Connor Shaw will be the man through next season, and deservedly so. In 2014, there will be a heated battle between Nosovitch, Dylan Thompson (as a 5th year senior who would have paid his dues), and Connor Mitch. I'm neutral...may the best man win...but if I absolutely HAD to put my money on one, I'd put it on Nosovitch. Far too many fans are simply handing the mantle to Mitch because of his 4-star rating. If he earns it, great, but DO NOT count out Nosovitch.

Pantera says he was never impressed by Nosovitch's high school videos. Frankly, I've never been impressed by any of Pantera's posts. I defy any reasonable person to watch this entire 25-minute highlight video and not come away impressed. This kid is savvy as hell, mobile as a gazelle, tough as nails, clutch, and extremely accurate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhyuTGouIzA
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #48
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
Frankly, I've never been impressed by any of Pantera's posts.
Obsessed with "arm strength" and "velocity"....kinda like bringing a funny car to a NASCAR race...not everything is as it seems.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote