CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
NinjaSven
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
Sandstorm29
jonesz2
MWard
Wilds & Carson B (2571)
Marquavius Lewis (2556)
So, why is next year (2388)
How Long Will The Re (1551)
Why do so many of yo (1127)
Restaurant musts in (1126)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (848)
Shot in the arm for (838)
Custom Jersey (452)
5 Gourmet Foods That (316)
looks like we have 2 OL r
How Long Will The Rebuild
Nosovitch/bowl/ question.
Marquavius Lewis
2015 Signee - Sherrod Pit
Why do so many of you guy
Frank Martin's Game has b
2015 Commitment - Dante S
Further clarification on
The Vent and Coaching cha

Old 11-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #181
GamecockDad1531
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bowl Projections

More than likely, there will be several 2 loss SEC teams for one BCS slot.

LSU
UGA
UF
SC
AM

SC only needs to worry about one thing: winning convincingly in these last two games. Barely beating Wofford ain't gonna get it done. Put that game away in the first half and the younger guys can finish it off.

Then beat Clemson's ass badly for the 4th straight yr. That's the only thing we can control over the next 2 weeks.

UGA will lose to Bama, UF will lose to FSU (hopefully badly) and we should jump both. With the way we travel, if that very likely scenario plays out, I believe we will get that slot. It's all about the dollar and we'll be high enough in the BCS that we will be a serious contender for it.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #182
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous

No chance we jump LSU. FSU over UF is unlikely. Hope ur right, I'd love to be proven wrong. Also, Texas A&M is now relevant and has the best win in NCAA football so far this year and they got Johnny Football. It's not over though and anything can happen.
cockthehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #183
Red Devil
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I have feeling that A&M will leap us and we will fall to #9 in the BCS
Good call.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #184
DrCorona
Walk On

Male

DrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
After what 'Bama did to you guys do you really want another SEC team?

I mean, I know we're not 'Bama, but...
YES! If we're going to get back to where we want to be we need the challenge. You guys would offer a good one!
DrCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #185
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Just gotta pull for FSU, Ga Tech and Bama, Mizzou, Ole Miss/ Arkansas.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #186
StackzOnThe'Boose
Conductor

Male

StackzOnThe'Boose is learning to peckStackzOnThe'Boose is learning to peck
Send a message via Skype™ to StackzOnThe'Boose

What BCS slot are you suggesting that we'll gain?
StackzOnThe'Boose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #187
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockthehammer View Post
No chance we jump LSU. FSU over UF is unlikely. Hope ur right, I'd love to be proven wrong. Also, Texas A&M is now relevant and has the best win in NCAA football so far this year and they got Johnny Football. It's not over though and anything can happen.
The Cotton Bowl would sell their soul to Satan to get A&M. They want them BADLY!!! If LSU isn't taken for the Sugar or another BCS, expect them to fall in the bowls.

What the Cotton Bowl wants is for Texas to keep winning for a UT and A&M match up
Old 11-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #188
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

Jerry would love that match up... maybe even install some more fake seats and try and cash in on the game much like his super bowl seating fiasco.
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #189
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
The Cotton Bowl would sell their soul to Satan to get A&M. They want them BADLY!!! If LSU isn't taken for the Sugar or another BCS, expect them to fall in the bowls.

What the Cotton Bowl wants is for Texas to keep winning for a UT and A&M match up
The Cap One Bowl gets first pick of non-BCS SEC teams and they want A&M in a big way. So I doubt they will be available for the Cotton if the Cap One has its way. Assuming Bama doesn't get into the Championship Game, I believe they will be in the Sugar, LSU or UGa will get the Fiesta, A&M in Cap One, whichever of LSU or UGa doesn't get the Fiesta will go to the Cotton. We will be fighting it out with UF for the Outback/CFA/Gator. That's how I see it shaking out based on what i know.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #190
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly

In most "expert" projections, we are in the Outback vs Wisconsin/Michigan or in the Chick Fil A vs Miami.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #191
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
In most "expert" projections, we are in the Outback vs Wisconsin/Michigan or in the Chick Fil A vs Miami.
that would suck
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #192
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Would love to play the U in Atlanta. That would be a very fun game

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #193
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I want another shot at fsu
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #194
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Especially when they return all their tickets that no one buys and we buy them all.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #195
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
that would suck
Which one?
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #196
gamecockfootball62
4-Star

Male

gamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPit

Money is tight this year, and I would love to make the trip to Atlanta to play The U or someone from the Acc. Rematch vs Fsu wouldn't be bad either.
gamecockfootball62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:31 AM   #197
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Especially when they return all their tickets that no one buys and we buy them all.
Yeah, given their lackluster attendance and what happened last time they played in the Peach Bowl, I imagine not many people in Atlanta would be thrilled to see the U roll into town.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #198
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
I want another shot at fsu
Can't happen.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:43 AM   #199
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Why are they even allowed in a bowl. How much longer is it going to take the NCAA to bring the hammer.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #200
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Can't happen.
i know... but i want another shot