CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
Gamecocks1137
WeStillOwnUSC
MountainCock
El Cid Ranger
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
kingoftheroost
USCNowAndForever
Key for 2015 defense (1288)
Skai Moore out for U (1023)
Troubles in Tigertow (643)
TN game weather (580)
Lebron makes Clevela (568)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (449)
Cockaboose Video (422)
Who is your favorite (384)
Marvel releases movi (219)
FSU vs. Louisville (180)
Lebron makes Cleveland re
Michigan AD Dave Brandon
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Who is your favorite play
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Uniforms for Tenn
TN game weather
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ SOUTH
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Tennessee - South Carolin

Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #41
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material
Default Re: NEED A J.O.B.

You could always consider relocating to Charlestown... or Myrtle Beach. Seasonal work. I worked6-7 days a week for 4 months and only worked 3 days a week for the rest of the year and had plenty of fun/money
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #42
Pastatroy
Walk On

Male

Pastatroy is learning to peckPastatroy is learning to peck

theres always jobs in the military
Pastatroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #43
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Ladd britt is hiring
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #44
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Since you're in Aiken...anything you can do at the Savannah River Site?
SRS is making people not work next week and 2 weeks at christmas
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #45
eklypised
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPit

You know anything about Computer Networking?
eklypised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #46
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Police officer in Bluffton SC: http://www.townofbluffton.sc.gov/gov...s/default.aspx

Police officer in Ridgeway SC (no web site, call them)

Deputy sheriff in Forsyth Co (NC) outside Winston Salem

Police officer in Asheville, Garner, New Bern NC (all 3): http://agency.governmentjobs.com/ash...nc/default.cfm

There are many more
I live about 10 miles from Ridgeway. It is a very small town in Fairfield county which is quite rural. You will laugh at the PD dept building... my dorm room was bigger! Should be a quiet gig for the most part. Good luck!
catdaddy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #47
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1072
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastatroy View Post
theres always jobs in the military

Yes there are. I've been on Active duty for 19 years and make 50K a year.
If I were an officer, I'd easily be making 6 figures.
Having a degree would automatically put you ahead for a commission.(Officer)

Or go enlisted, get picked up on the commissioning program and get your master's degree paid for by the military.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #48
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

When you come down off your high horse here's some advice, work a temp job until you are hired somewhere and it may take a couple years for that to happen or LONGER. But doing temp work is better for the soul than no work.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #49
wowo
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 2100
wowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervous

Try Aiken County Board of Education. I think sub pay is $68 per day. Try this site:
http://www.aiken.k12.sc.us/site/Pers...pplication.pdf
wowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #50
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Kyle Nunn? Is this you?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #51
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Kyle got drafted by the Iowa barnstormers
Old 11-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #52
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

I sent you a pm
Old 11-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #53
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklypised View Post
You know anything about Computer Networking?
I took computer classes in college but not programming.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #54
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
When you come down off your high horse here's some advice, work a temp job until you are hired somewhere and it may take a couple years for that to happen or LONGER. But doing temp work is better for the soul than no work.
I dont really think I am in position to be on any sort of "high horse", but thanks for posting. I worked in carpet for almost 8 months in no air conditioning plant. I worked my ass off(literally lost 20 lbs) to show these people how bad i wanted a permanent spot ad they told me for 4 months they would hire me. Through the process they narrowed it down form 50 temps to 2 of us that lasted throught the heat, and hired the other guy bc his mother worked there.

Im not real sure how i could be on a high horse when i drove to Columbia to Aerotek, took my dt, filled out paperwork, and then worked at the plant for 8 months knowing i was doing the same work as everyone else in the plant but not getting paid the same. So again, not sure where my high horse came from.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #55
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
SRS is making people not work next week and 2 weeks at christmas
Yeah its rough at SRS nowadays. I hear the MOX facility might be shutting down and Shaw just bough out one part of it
Old 11-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #56
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

Just want to say thanks to all you guys and ladies for the responses. There are some really good pple on this board.

Also, thanks for the PMs from BIGDAWG, LANT, and FEARTHESPUR.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #57
bkc2311
NOPE

Male

CockyCash: 1015
bkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his comb

check out this site, jobs from all over SC and NC...

http://www.htijobs.com

GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #58
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc2311 View Post
check out this site, jobs from all over SC and NC...

http://www.htijobs.com

GOOD LUCK!
Thanks man!