CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
GregoryHouse
Gamecocks1137
zcoop
roosterdude21
Badazcock
Jdallen20
Cockypantherfan
Carolina-Beez
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (14260)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1831)
Simple "yes&quo (1383)
Phil Steele just pre (1081)
Garcia: Change the R (647)
TeMarcus Blanton (642)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (302)
Anybody just have th (296)
Wallpaper & Back (255)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Anybody just have that &q
WET PAPER SACK DEFENSE
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Bama @ Tennessee
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g

Old 11-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #201
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bowl Projections

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Can't happen.
It could happen if they don't win the ACC championship.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #202
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

No bowl wants Miami. They are a financial disaster for the host city.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #203
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I think our best bet at this point is the CFA bowl. The more chances to play in that venue, the better. One day it will be the SECCG.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #204
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Latest ESPN projections have us in the CFA vs either NC State or Georgia Tech.

Take that with a grain of salt as they have UGA vs Clemson in the Sugar. Must think UGA will beat Bama.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #205
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
It could happen if they don't win the ACC championship.
First FSU has to beat Maryland. Then they have to beat either Miami or GaTech in the ACC championship game.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #206
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I wouldn't mind playing Ga Tech or NC St.

Wouldn't it be awesome to beat Tech in the Dome, which would be a virtual home game for them?

EDIT: I've also seen many people think we would go to Tampa... I've seen lots of SC vs Michigan projections for OB
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #207
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
First FSU has to beat Maryland. Then they have to beat either Miami or GaTech in the ACC championship game.
Yes, I know.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #208
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I wouldn't mind playing Ga Tech or NC St.

Wouldn't it be awesome to beat Tech in the Dome, which would be a virtual home game for them?

EDIT: I've also seen many people think we would go to Tampa... I've seen lots of SC vs Michigan projections for OB
I don't want any part of GaTech with their offense. Last time we saw it was Navy and we barely beat them.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #209
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I fear no ACC team.

Georgia Tech is miserable this year.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #210
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
I don't want any part of GaTech with their offense. Last time we saw it was Navy and we barely beat them.
I don't want GaTech either. They are getting on a roll. we don't play option teams well.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #211
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

I'm still holding out hope for a BCS bowl. After that, it doesn't really matter where they go. Going to the Capital One Bowl was a big deal last season, because it was the biggest bowl game in school history. Now that they have done that, it's not as big a deal going back. I would be fine with the Chick-Fil-A Bowl if a BCS at large doesn't happen. I could see a lot of benefit to that. Getting a game in the Georgia Dome, where we hope they can get to next season in the SECCG. Georgia Tech would be a good matchup, because as someone wrote with a month to prepare for them I think the team would have their gimmicky offense all figured out and smash them.

Bleacher Report seems to think South Carolina has a solid shot at a BCS at large. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rcus-lattimore

However I don't know how much they put into it because in their latest bowl projection they have South Carolina in the Outback Bowl against Wisconsin.
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #212
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Looking at it as objectively as I can, it seems like our best bid would be to the Outback, most likely to the Chik-Fil-A and worst case bid to the Gator. Outback only happens if that bowl prefers us for some reason to another 2 loss SEC team. Chik-Fil-A is out of the question if Clemson misses a BCS berth, but they appear likely to get one even if they lose to us. If they don't get it though, that's what would push us to the Gator.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #213
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
Looking at it as objectively as I can, it seems like our best bid would be to the Outback, most likely to the Chik-Fil-A and worst case bid to the Gator. Outback only happens if that bowl prefers us for some reason to another 2 loss SEC team. Chik-Fil-A is out of the question if Clemson misses a BCS berth, but they appear likely to get one even if they lose to us. If they don't get it though, that's what would push us to the Gator.
That's such bull shit. Clemson could make a BCS Bowl by losing to the only two good teams on their schedule. Clemson would be a 5 loss team in the SEC this season. The ACC's pathetic BCS Bowl record (3-13) should be reason enough that they shouldn't get more than the automatic qualifier.
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #214
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Fan View Post
That's such bull shit. Clemson could make a BCS Bowl by losing to the only two good teams on their schedule. Clemson would be a 5 loss team in the SEC this season. The ACC's pathetic BCS Bowl record (3-13) should be reason enough that they shouldn't get more than the automatic qualifier.
I repeatedly say this but stubborn Clemson refuse to agree.

If we had their schedule, we would be in the top 5.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #215
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

If Clemson loses to us, they ain't going to the Sugar Bowl...because they would drop out of the BCS top 14
U-Dub Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #216
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Fan View Post
I'm still holding out hope for a BCS bowl. After that, it doesn't really matter where they go. Going to the Capital One Bowl was a big deal last season, because it was the biggest bowl game in school history. Now that they have done that, it's not as big a deal going back. I would be fine with the Chick-Fil-A Bowl if a BCS at large doesn't happen. I could see a lot of benefit to that. Getting a game in the Georgia Dome, where we hope they can get to next season in the SECCG. Georgia Tech would be a good matchup, because as someone wrote with a month to prepare for them I think the team would have their gimmicky offense all figured out and smash them.

Bleacher Report seems to think South Carolina has a solid shot at a BCS at large. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rcus-lattimore

However I don't know how much they put into it because in their latest bowl projection they have South Carolina in the Outback Bowl against Wisconsin.
The truth is.....nobody knows who will win and who will lose in the remaining 3 weeks. Having said that, for us to have any hope of going to a BCS bowl, there will have to be at least 5-6 teams above us to lose including 2 of the top 3.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #217
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Does the BCS HAVE to take 2 teams from the automatic conferences? Cause if not, a 2 loss Clemson does not BCS.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #218
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
GT is shit in bowl games. The only reason that the triple option works some during the regular season is because teams only have one week to prep for it and it is so different that one week is not long enough to be fully prepared. You give a defense, especially a defense as talented as ours, a month to prep for that triple option and we will dismantle them. When you're talking bowl games, GT is the last team that anyone should be scared of.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #219
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
GT is shit in bowl games. The only reason that the triple option works some during the regular season is because teams only have one week to prep for it and it is so different that one week is not long enough to be fully prepared. You give a defense, especially a defense as talented as ours, a month to prep for that triple option and we will dismantle them. When you're talking bowl games, GT is the last team that anyone should be scared of.
Just out of curiosity, I went on Wikipedia to search Chick Fil A Bowl. Georgia Tech has NEVER won the CFA. And that is basically like a home game for them since their campus is like 10 mins from the Dome.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #220
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
GT has been doing the triple option for a while now and they play the same schools every year, you would think they would be able to stop it by now. Plus, I would much rather play a team with a pro style offense. I just enjoy watching the d-line sacking the QB. You don't get that with a triple option team.
Gamecocks321 is online now   Reply With Quote