CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
SAETerrier
HelleraisingCock
JerseyBird
GamecockStud
bigdog2003
gamecock88
roosterdude21
Larenz Bryant update (1468)
Joeckel Transfering (812)
UK's Whitlow to tran (618)
2016 - Greg Little (573)
Bamberg High School (406)
response from charte (402)
Victor Hampton Arres (382)
What type of snake i (339)
Wu Tang affiliated r (326)
13 Vintage Internet (182)
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Attendance next season
The case for Clowney at #
A'ja Wilson
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Victor Hampton Arrested
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Where will we be preseaso
Aggie Spring Depth Chart
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #1321
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Derrell Scott Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior RB Derrell Scott of Havelock, NC named USC his leader last month after attending the Gamecocks home game versus Georgia. Since then, the Tar Heel state running back has not taken any other visits. "It's still pretty much the same," said Scott. "South Carolina is still my leader." He has them ahead of Florida State and Ohio State. Scott continues to hear from several schools naming Alabama, LSU, Tennessee and Notre Dame as some other schools showing a lot of interest. There are no plans fro Scott to attend any other games this season but he did say he will attend several junior days next semester. "I'm not really sure which schools I'll go to, to tell you the truth," Scott said. "I'll figure that out after the season." Through 13 games he has over 1,300 yards rushing and 27 touchdowns.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...914/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #1322
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Christian Miller Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
LB Christian Miller of Spring Valley took an unofficial visit to Alabama over the weekend and returned home very impressed. 'I liked it a lot," said Miller. "The town is nice. The campus is nice. They treated me well. I got to talk to my recruiter, Chris Rumph,and he's a really nice guy. I also has a one-on-one with coach (Nick) Saban in his office before the game." Miller is expressing a strong interest in the Crimson Tide. "I really like the defensive scheme they run," he said. "I could see myself playing the SAM linebacker in their 3-4 scheme." Though Miller did not receive an offer, he thinks one could come in the future. "They do things differently there which is fine with me," said Miller. "They told me they get to know players and build relationships before they extend offers." He plans to return for a junior day in early February. This weekend Miller is considering a visit to Georgia and plans to attend the USC-Clemson game in two weeks. He did not name a leader.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...915/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 11-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #1323
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Recruiting Talk - State of SC

Great news. We need another big in-state class for some superstar types on our roster to take the next step, imop.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #1324
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 4200
2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
we havent done two 5 stars in same class yet have we? maybe another first
2002 Hurley, Randy Jackson and Slay
Old 11-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #1325
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

CockyCash: 500
SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
2002 Hurley, Randy Jackson and Slay
Underperformed/Bust/Bust
Old 11-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #1326
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

that somewhat tells you alot about the stars
Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #1327
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Ricardo Hurley was possibly the WORST to ever play in college! I'd take Summers over him! And he sold DRUGS! lol
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #1328
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Hurley was hampered by a high ankle sprain and other injuries his entire career. We never got to see what he was really capable of.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 AM   #1329
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit
Default Re: Will Grier Thread (2014 Prospect)

People said there was no defense on either team(sounds like he'd fit right in at UNC.)
Anyhow, it's said that this is a UF/UNC battle for Grier. Both told him he was their #1, according to Grier. He likes UT, but the Dooley situation has him cautious.

Last edited by carolinacoast; 11-14-2012 at 04:11 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:20 AM   #1330
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly
Default Re: Will Grier Thread (2014 Prospect)

heck lets gets Grier and Barker. Por favor?
Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #1331
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa
heck lets gets Grier and Barker. Por favor?
no need for multiple qbs

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android

Old 11-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #1332
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
Jae'lon Oglesby

but yeah, I hope you're right about us dominating the list
He goes to Daniel so that is not a shocker.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #1333
go cockssssss
Recruit

Male

go cockssssss is learning to peckgo cockssssss is learning to peck

Got to continue to get the top instate talent and then steal some gems out of GA, FL and NC.

Who is projected to be Mr. Football for 2014, anybody have guesses at this early point?
Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #1334
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: C.J. Fuller Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior ATH CJ Fuller of Easley could visit Clemson the next two weekends. This weekend is still undecided but he says he will definitely be there for the Clemson-USC clash . The Tigers are his sole offer with interest from USC, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Duke among others. He took his first visit to USC when Tennessee was in town. "I liked it a lot down there," Fuller said. "I really like the atmosphere. They're a good school and they're competitive in a really strong conference." As for Clemson he said, "I like the family atmosphere. It's a brotherhood. Plus, it's a good school and they graduate most of their athletes. I really like that." Fuller has also visited North Carolina this season. "It's pretty cool," he said. "It is a little different-a little quieter-but it seemed nice." With his season over, Fuller totaled 2,044 yards and 19 touchdowns. He did not name a favorite.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...829/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #1335
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Kwamelle Barnes Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior DL Kwamelle Barnes of Saluda has taken visits to USC and Clemson this season and plans to return over the next two weekends. His most recent trip was to LSU. "I went to Baton Rouge for the Mississippi State game," Barnes said. "Oh man, they know how to get the crowd loud during crucial moments of the game. It was really nice there. I liked everything. The atmosphere, the campus...everything." Though he said he does not have favorites, he named the schools he likes the most as LSU first, Clemson and North Carolina second and then USC. His first trip to Carolina came earlier this season. "I went to Williams-Brice for my first game when they played Missouri," Barnes said. "It was amazing. They have a great environment." He returns to Columbia this weekend and to Clemson the next. He expects his teammate, DL Dexter Widemen, to join him in Clemson. Barnes has yet to receive his first offer
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...876/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #1336
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: C.J. Fuller Thread (2014 Prospect)

LOL @ UNC comments.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #1337
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Will Hunter Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior QB Will Hunter (6-1 180) of Lexington is receiving interest from East Carolina, Virginia Tech, Duke, LSU and Alabama among others. Hunter said that he had received interest from Clemson and USC but has not heard from either school in some time. "I've been up to Clemson for some games but I don't think they're interested anymore to tell you the truth," he said. "I'm not sure where they stand with me. (USC assistant) G.A. Mangus has talked to me more than anyone but, since the season started, I have't really heard from him." Hunter plans to visit Clemson this weekend for the game. Alabama and LSU are two schools Hunter wants to see in the future. "I want to go to a camp at Alabama," he said. "I spoke with (Alabama assistant) Chris Rumph last summer. He was really nice. I want to get down to LSU too." Hunter does not have any favorites saying, "I just want to play."
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...644/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 11-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #1338
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Nolan Kelleher Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior OL Nolan Kelleher (6-6 290) of Wando is receiving interest from Clemson, USC, NC State, Notre Dame, Stanford, Duke, Georgia Tech and Mississippi State among others. He named Clemson, Stanford and Notre Dame among his favorites. "Clemson is awesome in every way," said Kelleher. "They have been great to me and treat me really well." He has attended games at Clemson, USC, Notre Dame, NC State, Georgia Tech and heads to Duke this weekend. "When I was at NC State, it just seemed that they always had me in the front of the line," he said. "When we went on the field before the game, the student section chanted my name. I couldn't believe it and it felt really good." He has been invited to camp at Stanford and is considering it. "To get an offer from them would be pretty cool," he admitted. As for Notre Dame he was impressed with the atmosphere and the school saying, "It was packed and loud there. They've got a good football team and it's a good engineering school." Kelleher is also showing itnerest in USC comparing it to Clemson. He did not name a leader.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...645/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 11-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #1339
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Jamil Kamara Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior WR Jamil Kamara of Virginia Beach has offers from Clemson, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Virginia Tech, NC State, North Carolina, Boston College, Marshall, Richmond, Hampton, James Madison, Illinois, Old Dominion, Miami and Toledo with interest from USC, Duke, Michigan, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Penn State and others. He does not have any favorite but did say, "I really want to sit down in the next couple of months and start narrowing my list. There is no doubt Clemson will make that list." Kamara likes the coaches in the Upstate and would like to visit once again next summer. "It's really far from my house but I want to do something like I did last year," said Kamara. "I went down there for a camp and to talked to coaches and Sammy Watkins. I really liked it." As for visits this season he said, "I still want to take two or three. I was supposed to go to UVA tonight for the North Carolina game but I couldn't make it. I don't know where I'm going to go, but I'm going to go somewhere." Kamara did not name a leader.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...783/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 11-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #1340
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default 2014 - Shaq Rooks

This is a close friend of mines son. She wants him at USC and we have a great shot. ND and UT are showing early interest. Shaq is 6'7" 260lb DE from Pendleton HS. He is a class of 2014 Prospect. I am sending up some info today to someone on USC's Staff that I am friends with. This kid is ready made to go. Name:  Shaq Rooks.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  74.1 KB
Closed Thread