CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Spurticus
MWard
ertman420
usc90grad
Cunningham wants to (1207)
ESPN article on Clow (863)
Clemson Georgia Game (702)
New Led Zep releases (158)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (157)
Truly Inspiring (156)
2014 garnet and blac (100)
Chick Redefines the (80)
The Bama series (39)
2 tickets for USC vs (12)
Spread vs. aTm
The Bama series
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Tennessee hires Donnie Ty
SEC Network "Take It
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Clemson Georgia Game to b
ESPN article on Clowney -
2015 - Davon Durant
2016 - Issac Nauta

Old 11-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #101
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default Re: If DJ Swearinger Isn't Your Favorite Gamecock Of All Time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Brewer was an average football player that had 2 great games. The reason why people like him so much is because he is white. Period. End of.
Do you find it arrogant that you believe you know how others think? Do you think that if someone likes Brewer that makes him racist?

Brewer had a lot of things going for him. First, he was scorned by Ohio State even though he was Ohio Mr. Football. He was not offered any D1 scholarships. Holtz saw a film and took a flyer.

He basically destroyed OSU in the two bowl games. Those were, until last year, the biggest bowl wins in USC history. I don't think you can minimize the impact of those games.

Third, Brewer was a good hard nosed runner that frequently made second effort.

All those reasons have nothing to do with his skin color, but make people like him as a player.

Maybe you are the one with a problem.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #102
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I liked Brewer because he was a white boy playing a predominately black position and then shat on Ohio state.

He was like Rudy but better. (Well an underdog story)

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #103
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
I like Norwood of all time.

Swearinger is my favorite DB on this team.

Clowney is awsome to watch.

The best interviews, imo, are Quarles. That dude is almost as good as Melvin.

This is funny to me because I thought Holloman played outstanding at safety against ARky. Legree took some bad angles. He has done that before. If he could just slow it down some, then he would be pretty dang good.

Auguste should be back as starter next week. Akeem played an excellent game. The endzone D on Hamilton was truly exceptional.
Go back and rewatch the game. There is a play where Arkansas is driving toward the south endzone and Devonte has a game to make a big hit an he looks silly trying to make the tackle... Put it this way, if DJ was in position he would have lit that dude up.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #104
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Latti is probably mine
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #105
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Go back and rewatch the game. There is a play where Arkansas is driving toward the south endzone and Devonte has a game to make a big hit an he looks silly trying to make the tackle... Put it this way, if DJ was in position he would have lit that dude up.
Was that play where DJ was called for the horse collar?

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #106
JQ94
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
JQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talons

Sorry, I prefer the quite guys who just get shit done. Brewer, Lanard Stafford, Andy Boyd, Pat Dimarco...You can have the guys will all the boister in the world
Old 11-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #107
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Rashaad Faison is and always will be mine. I don't know what the man is doing today but he was my childhood idol. I was him for halloween one time, everyone thought i was either just a football player or a quarterback or something, and everytime i corrected them and said i was #11 Rashaad Faison. dude brought it harder than DJ, and i love DJ.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #108
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
What this thread has taught me:

1. The average age of CT'ers is approx. 19.62 years old.
2. People love great white hype. (Brewer wouldn't sniff the field on our current team.)
3. DJ is well respected.
lol, okay first off, Great white hype. that is like me saying people only like Obama because he is black... sure a few might but not the majority.

secondly DJ...well respected haha.

dude is what other teams would call a "thug"

He plays hard but i doubt anyone in the nation would call him the best Saftey in football. he is good but not many outside of Gamecock football know him.

also as far as Brewer goes, people love the attitude, people remember him flipping the Ohio State player as he got up, they remember the chip on his shoulder.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #109
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Brewer was an average football player that had 2 great games. The reason why people like him so much is because he is white. Period. End of.

He's not even one of our top 40 running backs of all-time. (However he is one of our top 15 recievers in terms of yards.)
You sir are a tardmuffin. Go spew filth somewhere else
Attached Images

gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #110
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
You sir are a tardmuffin. Go spew filth somewhere else
tardmuffin, never heard of that before.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #111
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Was that play where DJ was called for the horse collar?

This is one of the GREATEST sequences of plays i have EVER witnessed
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #112
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

MI6 is probably my favorite ever right now. But I love me some Swearinger. Also liked Brewer alot too. I love Clowney's effort. He was pissed last week. I've never seen him say anything to the opposing QB before but he was fired up last week. Probably because that dude tried to take out his knee. I like Clowney. He kind of just goes about his business and works hard and beasts out.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #113
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 4200
2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Garrett Chisolm was an awesome Gamecock too
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #114
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
Garrett Chisolm was an awesome Gamecock too
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote