CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
ccured
sporkgod50
i29gman
The Yancey
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spurticus
The #AskEmmert Q& (616)
Stadium Ratings-Site (508)
Peach Bowl name retu (308)
Construction of Worl (307)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (302)
Save Electricity By (264)
HELP calculating acr (227)
NBA Wants to Up Age (194)
How Experienced In P (152)
Salut Salon "We (85)
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Sweet Corn!!!
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Kelcy and Vic questioned
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez

Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #61
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit
Default Re: If you were the Coaching Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Well, you are better than NM State... But they also lost against The Little Sisters of the Poor...

Yall will be better... Petrino would be my pick for Auburn... but I am guessing he will have to literally kiss Pat Dye's left cheek to get the job.
We're supposedly interested in the W KY coach and the La Tech coach.

http://www.denverpost.com/henderson/...ght-eye-tigers
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #62
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
RoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spurs

Interesting topic, but for me, the only answer is Arkansas.

Arky has as much money, or more, than the other two. It's the only one of the three with a decent in-state recruiting base that they don't have to share with another school. Arky has always been able to get Texas high school talent. An absolutely rabid fanbase that will display a bit more patience than the other two schools.

A lot of folks might say UTK, but I live in Tennessee and I don't see it. There are a lot of UTK fans, sure, but the high school talent here is garbage. You have to recruit nationally, and that is much harder when LSU, Bama, UGA, USC, UF and even the Mississippi schools are all playing pretty decent football. What incentive is there for a kid considering UGA, USC, LSU, Bama and UF to even look at UTK? It's been three years since UTK has beaten ANY of those programs, and as long as seven since they've beaten a few of them. The fanbase has no patience, and expects to be great just cos they wear an orange T on their helmets. To top it off, between all their buyouts and such, UTK's athletic budget is straight broke.

I really don't hate UTK. I kinda want them to be decent again. But they've got a tough row to hoe.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #63
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

UT-ARK-AU-Hell-KY
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #64
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

UT then Arky, but never Auburn. Too much cheating at that school.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #65
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
UT then Arky, but never Auburn. Too much cheating at that school.
*eye roll*
Old 11-14-2012, 01:01 AM   #66
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Tennessee for 3 reasons:

1) At Auburn sh** is likely to go down even if you have nothing to do with it.... yet you would still get fired to protect their snake-like boosters

2) AU and Ark compete head-to-head for morerecruits with the best recruiting schools in the country (LSU and Bama), it would be easier to recruit against UF, UGA, Clemson and Carolina

3) I would hate living in Arkansas or that part of Alabama...
Old 11-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #67
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
*eye roll*
What happened to your other eye? Most people say roll eyes, not eye.

Of course, I am not sure if there has been a program that has had their coaches in more accusatory scandals than any other program.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #68
Erik
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
What happened to your other eye? Most people say roll eyes, not eye.

Of course, I am not sure if there has been a program that has had their coaches in more accusatory scandals than any other program.
I've got Brown syndrome. Means I can controll my eyes individually. So if I want to roll one eye, I can.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #69
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Honestly: 1) Arkansas - good players on the roster, plenty of money and access to good in state talent and easy dipping into Texas. They will only be moderately patient with the next coach after petrino has shown them what a winner can do; 2) UT - plenty of money and fan support but very limited talent pools. They have probably sucked long enough now to not be unreasonable and I will get maybe 5 years to turn it around if I'm competitive and showing improvement; 3) Auburn - versus UT it has better players and easier access to good talent pools but I'm going to have to deal with lowder and they haven't sucked long enough yet to buy me any patience. Also, they will probably burn down their program trying to compete with Saban.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #70
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue View Post
3) I would hate living in Arkansas or that part of Alabama...

I would like Knoxvegas the best for sure, but Fayetteville is supposed to be a rose amongst the thorns down there and a nice place to live.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #71
Erik
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
I'm going to have to deal with lowder and they haven't sucked long enough yet to buy me any patience.
Lowder was removed last year.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #72
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Good thread, thanks for all the responses.

Seems pretty split like I thought it would be.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote