CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
A. Pilgrim
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
Lonnie
B-G
doubledribble
Jim Lahey
Why is everyone anti (2152)
How did we not make (1173)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Busta out indefinite (1116)
Just thought of some (1048)
Miss St. defense (993)
SOS says his next st (829)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (680)
Our Road Upset Wins (668)
Busta out indefinitely.
Our Road Upset Wins
Michael Sams done in Dall
No easy road for our offe
Does South Carolina still
Rest of the season predic
Miss St. defense
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Why is everyone anticipat
SEC Football Legend: Shel

Old 11-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #121
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor Shaw & Mike Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I mean for example, against Arkansas:

1) Bruce running down the outside hash in the 1st quarter (I think) and Connor not only underthrows it but throws it on the inside hash towards the Safety. Should've been a TD but the QB makes a crap throw.

2) Ace runs a take off route from the slot while the outside receiver runs a short comeback to hold the coverage. Ace is wide open but Connor hangs it up and the DB makes a play.

This is the type of crap that has been happening for EIGHT YEARS and its not Bubba's fault.
You take an opportunity to mention 2 bad throws in the 38-20 drubbing and the duck Dylan threw toward the goal line is not one of them? Interesting... Some people might start to think you have an agenda.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #122
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
You take an opportunity to mention 2 bad throws in the 38-20 drubbing and the duck Dylan threw toward the goal line is not one of them? Interesting... Some people might start to think you have an agenda.
Good comments. How many great NFL guys have 2 bad passes/game? And if Shaw had thrown like Brees did yesterday...there's still no guarantee we'd have beat UF or LSU...the game is always dynamic.

This is Gamecock football...
-We have a good team.
-We have good players and coaches that love being Gamecocks.
-They are our guys and they are the best we've ever had.
-I want no other.
-Last year was last year and I still have great memories of last year.
-This year is this year and we still have a lot to play for.
-Next year can wait.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #123
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
I don't have an agenda against the guy. I've been saying the same thing about our QBs for years now. Its not all of their fault with the struggles up front, but this years offensive line is not terrible. They have been good enough for him to take his drop and get the ball out. He has improved a little bit since UF but that was to be expected because Tennessee and Arkansas don't play a lick of defense.

Our passing game is all or nothing. So when we get an opportunity for a big play, which is only a few times during a game, the players have got to execute. We aren't going to dink & dunk all the way down field. We are going to set up the big play to either swing or gain momentum by running the football and passing a couple of times to get a first down or two then go for the throat. So yes, while I am nitpicking 2 plays from the most recent game, I am using those as an example of why execution particularly from the QB is important.

I don't have a huge problem with Connor Shaw. Yeah, it seems like I dog the guy but it is not like he is a freshman anymore. This guy has starts under his belt and he has been in the system for A LONG time now. The learning curve is over. With that being said, he is Coach Mangus' first QB and is a step in the right direction for what to expect with our QBs going forward. Gym/film room rat that eat, breathe, and sleep football. And I know he can make these throws and eliminate these small errors (holding onto the ball, etc) because he has shown he can do it in spurts throughout the year. I'm just hoping for consistency.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #124
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I don't have an agenda against the guy. I've been saying the same thing about our QBs for years now. Its not all of their fault with the struggles up front, but this years offensive line is not terrible. They have been good enough for him to take his drop and get the ball out. He has improved a little bit since UF but that was to be expected because Tennessee and Arkansas don't play a lick of defense.

Our passing game is all or nothing. So when we get an opportunity for a big play, which is only a few times during a game, the players have got to execute. We aren't going to dink & dunk all the way down field. We are going to set up the big play to either swing or gain momentum by running the football and passing a couple of times to get a first down or two then go for the throat. So yes, while I am nitpicking 2 plays from the most recent game, I am using those as an example of why execution particularly from the QB is important.

I don't have a huge problem with Connor Shaw. Yeah, it seems like I dog the guy but it is not like he is a freshman anymore. This guy has starts under his belt and he has been in the system for A LONG time now. The learning curve is over. With that being said, he is Coach Mangus' first QB and is a step in the right direction for what to expect with our QBs going forward. Gym/film room rat that eat, breathe, and sleep football. And I know he can make these throws and eliminate these small errors (holding onto the ball, etc) because he has shown he can do it in spurts throughout the year. I'm just hoping for consistency.
I get what ur saying C2 but I think the biggest thing that you & other Connor doubters are failing to see is...he holds on to it to be careful. Some QBs let it go & is scared to stand in the pocket & just HOPE the WR is there...some want to make sure the play develops & he has his guy open. Personally...while anyone would want a blend of both...I want the guy to take care of the ball & make sure its there even if that means holding on to it a little longer. I mean any QB can bail out & lob it up there & hope...but Connor has heart & he stands in & is willing to take a hit to play another down instead of turning it over. There is a reason why is the the 15th most efficient QB in the country...and honestly one of the best to ever play here
gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #125
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
I get what ur saying C2 but I think the biggest thing that you & other Connor doubters are failing to see is...he holds on to it to be careful. Some QBs let it go & is scared to stand in the pocket & just HOPE the WR is there...some want to make sure the play develops & he has his guy open. Personally...while anyone would want a blend of both...I want the guy to take care of the ball & make sure its there even if that means holding on to it a little longer. I mean any QB can bail out & lob it up there & hope...but Connor has heart & he stands in & is willing to take a hit to play another down instead of turning it over. There is a reason why is the the 15th most efficient QB in the country...and honestly one of the best to ever play here
Ding, ding, ding.. we have a winner!! Great post. Everyone wants Connor to be Tyler Bray except when Tyler Bray throws a ton of interceptions. Tyler had a great game against SC, but going into that game his coach was about to bench his ass because he took too many chances with the ball. Tyler Bray cost his team games. Tyler Wilson has cost his team games.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #126
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
I like Conor, he's a gamer like Garcia was. But I still say if Spurrier had Tyler Wilson to work with, we'd be heading into the SECCG now and maybe NC. I watched Manziel a bit today against Bama. Where the heck do they get these guys and why can't we find one??
We have found one, and his name is Connor Mitch.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:42 AM   #127
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I still maintain that Connor's not throwing the long ball well because of his shoulder.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #128
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
We have found one, and his name is Connor Mitch.
I hope you are right.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #129
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Ding, ding, ding.. we have a winner!! Great post. Everyone wants Connor to be Tyler Bray except when Tyler Bray throws a ton of interceptions. Tyler had a great game against SC, but going into that game his coach was about to bench his ass because he took too many chances with the ball. Tyler Bray cost his team games. Tyler Wilson has cost his team games.
We may have a better team if we had Bray for our QB...who knows? We may have won some games this year that we lost, but in turn lost some games we won. I'd love to see us with a QB like Bray who can throw like he does...but I also am not willing to give up a QB like Connor who can extend plays with his feet and not lose games.

If Connor is a guy who cannot get us to the highest level, then I can live with that considering his effort, attitude, committment and willingness to lay it all out there to find a way to win. He is on the verge of being out best QB ever when all things are being considered.

Right now, our QB play is the smartest it's been since I can remember. I can live with that even though I'd love to see better. And when Connor's gone...hopefully we'll remember him with lots of fondness and maybe as a guy who helped get us to the next level and paved the way for someone even better to fill his shoes.

If Brendan Nosovitch or Connor Mitch turn out to be great QBs for us, we'll have to give G.A and Connor Shaw some credit in that development.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #130
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Just wondering instead of starting up a new thread if anyone knows how Connor's foot rehab is going? Is he participating in summer workouts? any updated info would be appreciated.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #131
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Just wondering instead of starting up a new thread if anyone knows how Connor's foot rehab is going? Is he participating in summer workouts? any updated info would be appreciated.
I seem to recall Spurrier saying things were going well with him. He said during the spring he should be ready by summer, but he will definitely be ready by the fall. Hoping he can workout this summer.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #132
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I seem to recall Spurrier saying things were going well with him. He said during the spring he should be ready by summer, but he will definitely be ready by the fall. Hoping he can workout this summer.
Thanks. Hopefully if he is able to conduct summer workouts, he won't be climbing stadium steps with Dylan on his back this year.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #133
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

A true warrior, he got beat up pretty badly last year. It would be nice to have some fresh news about his progress. Here's hoping that this year he can share the load more with our great stable of backs. But I think deep down we all know that you can't take the game out of a cock.

Connor Shaw

BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #134
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Yeah. The O Line. We heed to teach all of them to start on the whistle and not quit before they hear it again. If we can get this fixed we are in for some fun.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #135
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Busta Anderson, Bruce Ellington. I feel those two are just getting warmed up. I can't wait until FB season, although. I love Baseball season as well.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #136
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

nm

Last edited by me4USC; 07-26-2013 at 12:35 AM.
me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #137
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
I've been looking everywhere for information on Shaw's rehab, and it just isn't out there. It has been reported that he's raring to go and ready to come back, but that implies that he didn't come to summer practices last week. I know that DT was there. I've also asked repeatedly what was actually wrong with Shaw that's taking six months of rehab.

Something doesn't smell just right about this.

I sure hope he's ok :(
BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #138
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Wow. I hope he is ok too. I thought he would be back by now.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #139
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

I sure hope he is okay.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #140
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

nm

Last edited by me4USC; 07-26-2013 at 12:35 AM.
me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote